NBADraft.net Agrees Pargo And Childress = Euro Busts

Moderator: THE J0KER

KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: NBADraft.net Agrees Pargo And Childress = Euro Busts 

Post#61 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:05 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:International basketball is rampantly disrespected on this forum. That said, it is an NBA forum (or at least the general board is), so its to be expected.

And while technically calling the NBA champion the world champion is disrespectful to international basketball, I don't think anyone truly believes any international team would beat an NBA team. Or if they do, they are a pretty big homer for international basketball.

International fans have to understand, trying to argue your teams could beat an NBA team and deserve respect on this board is like if a Clippers fan went onto the Lakers board and tried to argue with them that the Clippers could beat the Lakers, that a 4 game sample in the regular season doesn't mean anything.

This is an NBA board, not a basketball board. The title of this board is General NBA discussion. There is another board for international talk, you can argue about how international teams would beat NBA teams there. And probably be laughed at by some rational international fans.

But this goes too far. Euroleague champion beating NBA champion? No. But Euroleague very elite teams can certainly beat NBA lottery teams.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#62 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:07 pm

SunTzuMachiavelli wrote:This is stupid.

NBA represents the whole world. Don't act as if only Americans are in the league or something. They can say world champs because they pull talent from all over the globe. Europe does the same thing, but to such a smaller extent that it's not worth mentioning. The NBA has talent from every continent besides Antarctica, so how can calling it a world wide competition be viewed as racist?

It only involves USA and Canada. That is not the whole world. I didn't say it was racist. My point was about how NBA fans predicted dominance from these guys and they were actually much worse than they were in the NBA.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Post#63 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 1, 2009 11:08 pm

talkbasket wrote:
Well first off, the Euroleague final four teams from this year.........any of them could compete for the playoffs if they were in the east conference of the NBA. Let's just get that out of the way first.

You say yes. I say no. Oh look, we proved nothing.

Secondly, yes, I am not saying the Euroleague is better than the NBA or the Euroleague champ will beat the NBA champ if this FIBA clubs championship does materialize in 2010.

OK, then what more is there to argue about?

What I am saying is only facts.

Yeah, like the "fact" that Euroleague teams would make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference? Oops, that sounds like an opinion to me.

The Euroleague is much better than NBA fans say. Childress and Pargo were complete busts, really so were guys like Giricek, Arroyo and Delfino. We constantly are told by typical NBA fans these guys would be "dominant" and the best players in Europe, when they really were all awful.

You can see by some posts in this thread that unless you say Ryan Bowen would be the LeBron of Euroleague, you will be ridiculed, mocked, and attacked by typical and average NBA fans.

So its ok to exaggerate the Euroleague because Americans talk up their players? By the way, reminder... THIS IS AN NBA BOARD.
gloriousthree
Junior
And1: 0

Post#64 » by gloriousthree » Fri May 1, 2009 11:11 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
gloriousthree wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:I'm borderline racist because American teams would thrash the Europe leagues? Ok guy. If you don't like to hear about how superior the NBA is, go thump your chest about Pargo and Childress failing on a Greek forum instead of trying to jam it down our throat, and show us how right you are

We had to listen to how our basketball has fallen off because our C team got a Bronze, now you have to listen to our trash talk until someone knocks us off, that's just how it is.

I like how you bring race into it though, don't get too sensitive on us.

Yet every word you say is aggressive avoiding of my answer. NBA Teams cannot be called World Champions if only on technicalities.

If we concede that point to you will you stop trying to argue an international team can beat an NBA team? Its like you're fighting for an inch when you're already a mile away from winning the race.

At what point did I say an international team would or even could beat an NBA champion? At every step I clearly stated that the NBA champions are superior the same way the US Team is superior to the Spanish team.

Maybe possible: A bad NBA team could get beaten when playing the euroleague champs on a Fiba Court.
Greasenani FTW!!
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#65 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:11 pm

There is no question that the best Euroleague clubs will beat most NBA lotto clubs. PERIOD. Winning a playoff in NBA against playoff teams no. But beating crap NBA teams is something the best Euro clubs would do with no problem.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#66 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 1, 2009 11:12 pm

talkbasket wrote:There is no question that the best Euroleague clubs will beat most NBA lotto clubs. PERIOD.

Hey guys, he said period. Thats it, discussion is over everyone. Close the thread down, we have a winner.

:rofl:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#67 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 1, 2009 11:14 pm

talkbasket wrote:There is no question that the best Euroleague clubs will beat most NBA lotto clubs. PERIOD. Winning a playoff in NBA against playoff teams no. But beating crap NBA teams is something the best Euro clubs would do with no problem.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm a bigot and a racist because I think the NBA race is far superior to the Euroleague race.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#68 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:16 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
talkbasket wrote:There is no question that the best Euroleague clubs will beat most NBA lotto clubs. PERIOD. Winning a playoff in NBA against playoff teams no. But beating crap NBA teams is something the best Euro clubs would do with no problem.

Yeah, I'm a bigot and a racist because I think the NBA race is far superior to the Euroleague race.

Kindly point out where I called you a racist or a bigot. Mods do not have to bide by the same rules on this forum as everyone else or what?

BTW, this is an NBA discussion, not an international one. It's about Childress and Pargo and the issue of how they were supposed to "dominate" the Euroleague according to NBA fans. Anyway, I am done with this. There is extreme immaturity and lack of manners in this thread.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#69 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 1, 2009 11:19 pm

talkbasket wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Kindly point out where I called you a racist or a bigot. Mods do not have to bide by the same rules on this forum as everyone else or what?

BTW, this is an NBA discussion, not an international one. It's about Childress and Pargo and the issue of how they were supposed to "dominate" the Euroleague according to NBA fans.

Why are you guys picking on NO-KG-AI? He is a mod, that doesn't make him infallible. It sounds a lot more likely you're just angry he doesn't share your biased international views.

As to your second point, exactly. My input on that development: Who cares. Childress and Pargo were marginal NBA players, Josh slightly more talented. I thought the real story there was that Childress leaving meant a migration of NBA players. So what happened to that?
gloriousthree
Junior
And1: 0

Post#70 » by gloriousthree » Fri May 1, 2009 11:21 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
gloriousthree wrote:
SunTzuMachiavelli wrote:This is stupid.

NBA represents the whole world. Don't act as if only Americans are in the league or something. They can say world champs because they pull talent from all over the globe. Europe does the same thing, but to such a smaller extent that it's not worth mentioning. The NBA has talent from every continent besides Antarctica, so how can calling it a world wide competition be viewed as racist?

This was a personal comment on NO-KG-AI. Pay close attention to his words in every thread about something european and you will agree. The racism is overstated, its more like bigotry.

There is one thing I think is clearly worse than racism. Its people who look to throw the race card as soon as possible. Get over yourself. Do you even know the definition of racism?

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

So tell me, what race is the NBA? Because I'm pretty sure a large amount of the league is made up of players from Europe, Russia, South America, even China.

Stop playing the race card because you're out of options, just give it a rest.

Ok. Lets start slowly by reading my previous posts.

Got it? Now slowly read this one.

Now Imagine: I will from now on attack every and I mean every, american guy in comparison threads with european guys. I mean I will hammer them and ridicule them and choose the the europeans side even when the comparison is stupid.

What am I? I am the opposite of NO-KG-AI who does this to almost everything european. And that is what I am talking about.
Greasenani FTW!!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 1, 2009 11:22 pm

No, I was laughing at your comment, then I was responding to the guy that called me a bigot. Sorry for the confusion.

You can go on and on about what "NBA fans" said, but Childress and Pargo showed what type of players they were when they gave up the chance to face the best competition, to go cash a bigger check. The Euroleague will never have NBA star power because any player with big talent and desire is going to want to face the best of the best, not go in to live as a celebrity and cash checks. Childress and Pargo have no desire to be the best.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 1, 2009 11:24 pm

gloriousthree wrote:

Now Imagine: I will from now on attack every and I mean every, american guy in comparison threads with european guys. I mean I will hammer them and ridicule them and choose the the europeans side even when the comparison is stupid.

What am I? I am the opposite of NO-KG-AI who does this to almost everything european. And that is what I am talking about.

Go find a thread where I unfairly hammer European guys, unless you are butthurt about those Bargnani threads where I call him a poor rebounder, and everyone tries to convince me he is a net positive for team rebounding.

I'll be waiting for these quotes of me hammering and ridiculing all of the Europeans even when it's a stupid comparison.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#73 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 1, 2009 11:25 pm

gloriousthree wrote:

Ok. Lets start by insulting my intelligence.

Got it? Now onto the next point.

Now imagine: I am a biased American nut fan that thinks everyone is against me, and exaggerates every slight against my super fandom. I can't handle it when anyone tries to say my players aren't that good or anything and enjoy attacking mods because they are supposed to be super objective just because I say so.

What am I? :rolleyes:

Stop trolling, seriously. You called the guy a racist because you don't even know the definition, now you're crying because you feel he has some super secret agenda to attack all international basketball that only a couple of euro superfans seem capable of noticing. Maybe he just doesn't like international homers? I sure don't.
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#74 » by Mumbles » Fri May 1, 2009 11:26 pm

Man, can you imagine if USA didn't win gold. We would never hear the end of it, yet we still have international posters displaying that familiar little brother complex.

It must really hit a nerve that people will refer the Lakers, Cavs or whoever as world champs if they win it.

OKAY..so they aren't the world champions. How about NBA Champions 'The Worlds best team' ? :)

EuroLeague: Where the JR Holdens and Lynn Greers go to become stars.

Oh yea, that falling alley oop from Wade to Kobe was awesome during that game where the USA smashed Greece.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#75 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:28 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:No, I was laughing at your comment, then I was responding to the guy that called me a bigot. Sorry for the confusion.

You can go on and on about what "NBA fans" said, but Childress and Pargo showed what type of players they were when they gave up the chance to face the best competition, to go cash a bigger check. The Euroleague will never have NBA star power because any player with big talent and desire is going to want to face the best of the best, not go in to live as a celebrity and cash checks. Childress and Pargo have no desire to be the best.

And yet they were 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Yet they were worse in Euroleague than they were in the NBA. You seem to have selective logic.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#76 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:29 pm

Mumbles wrote:Man, can you imagine if USA didn't win gold. We would never hear the end of it, yet we still have international posters displaying that familiar little brother complex.

It must really hit a nerve that people will refer the Lakers, Cavs or whoever as world champs if they win it.

OKAY..so they aren't the world champions. How about NBA Champions 'The Worlds best team' ? :)

Oh yea, that falling alley oop from Wade to Kobe was awesome during that game where the USA smashed Greece.

The Olympics, Team USA, Team Greece has nothing to do with the failures of Childress and Pargo in the Euroleague.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 1, 2009 11:30 pm

They did what they had to do, they cashed in with some hot streaks.

Selective logic is a good term, they were both 6th men on terrible benches, Pargo especially. Pargo got paid because he ran around shooting every chance he got, and Josh Childress got paid because he was a hustle player that no longer cares enough to bust his ass on every possession.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#78 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 1, 2009 11:31 pm

talkbasket wrote:
And yet they were 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Yet they were worse in Euroleague than they were in the NBA. You seem to have selective logic.

They'd be 6th men on all but the worst of NBA teams (the playoff teams they were on weren't even that great, and Pargo was only a 6th man because New Orleans had zero depth at shooting guard). And on the worst, they'd be 4th or 5th men, if lucky. I honestly don't think Janero Pargo could start on a single NBA team... if he did, they'd probably have to be bottom 3. Childress is the bust, but Atlanta is a better team now than they were with him, so what does that tell you about Josh, really?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#79 » by KWSN-Men » Fri May 1, 2009 11:34 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:They did what they had to do, they cashed in with some hot streaks.

Selective logic is a good term, they were both 6th men on terrible benches, Pargo especially. Pargo got paid because he ran around shooting every chance he got, and Josh Childress got paid because he was a hustle player that no longer cares enough to bust his ass on every possession.

I saw them play and they are not very good players. Olympiacos is mainly to blame for bad signings. However, it still does not change the fact that NBA fans by large percentage insist that even the worst NBA players can dominate the Euroleague and if you argue that point you are labeled a "Euro homer".

I seriously have to ask, why is it so perfectly OK for NBA fans to endlessly bash and ridicule a Euro player that fails in the NBA to meet expectations, BUT if a Euro fan points out that an American NBA player failed to meet expectations....then that poster is ridiculed, mocked, patronized and "must be a homer"?

Why exactly does this double standard exist?
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#80 » by Mumbles » Fri May 1, 2009 11:35 pm

talkbasket wrote:
Mumbles wrote:Man, can you imagine if USA didn't win gold. We would never hear the end of it, yet we still have international posters displaying that familiar little brother complex.

The Olympics, Team USA, Team Greece has nothing to do with the failures of Childress and Pargo in the Euroleague.

Understood, I was just pointing out the great display of basketball Team USA exhibited during that beating. Anyways it's not like you would care about deviating from the topic. After all you gladly participated in the 'debate' about the real 'world champion' (NBA Champ) Sorry though, this thread reminded me of some of the conversations last year before the olympics, so that naturally gave me a couple flashbacks of how Team USA ran through the competition.

Return to International Basketball