Olympiacos and Panathinaikos Want Ron Artest

Moderator: THE J0KER

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Olympiacos and Panathinaikos Want Ron Artest 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Jun 8, 2009 2:48 pm

-Ron Artest as a willing and interested free agent target for both Greek powerhouses this summer, Olympiacos and Panathinaikos, granted he does not find a superior NBA offer on the free agent market.
Link
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Re: Olympiacos and Panathinaikos Want Ron Artest 

Post#2 » by brassviews » Mon Jun 8, 2009 5:40 pm

PAO or Oly offered Artest 20 million a year (something close to that) which Artest will never see in the NBA. It's very doubtful Houston offers that same amount with T-Mac and 2010 right around the corner.

Should be interesting
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Mon Jun 8, 2009 6:55 pm

For how many years?
brassviews
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by brassviews » Mon Jun 8, 2009 8:50 pm

3 years I believe.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#5 » by KWSN-Men » Mon Jun 8, 2009 9:11 pm

I posted this earlier on the board and no one believed me. But Panathinaikos offered Artest $60 million for 3 years and they even offered him a big yacht. Artest confirmed it on his twitter.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#6 » by Toxicity » Mon Jun 8, 2009 9:27 pm

Panathinaikos is the defending Euroleague Champion with a strong team so i don't see the need of signing Artest at 20ml for next year... :o

Moreover he may be almost useless in FIBA basketball (compared to his salary)... see Childress this year. I'm skeptical about this move... :roll:
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#7 » by KWSN-Men » Mon Jun 8, 2009 9:39 pm

Toxicity wrote:Panathinaikos is the defending Euroleague Champion with a strong team so i don't see the need of signing Artest at 20ml for next year... :o

Moreover he may be almost useless in FIBA basketball (compared to his salary)... see Childress this year. I'm skeptical about this move... :roll:

I can say with 100% confidence that they would offer it because of Olympiacos trying to get him and Gordon. If Olympiacos gets Gordon and/or Artest then the Panathinaikos fans would be extremely upset with the club.

Panathinaikos is officially the dynasty of European basketball right now but that is secondary in importance to the Olympiacos rivalry. I think PAO has won like 12 out of the last 13 championships but still that rivalry is everything. And remember that in soccer Olympiacos is winning big time in the rivalry. Just like PAO is doing better in Europe in soccer than Olympiacos is, it's like it does not even matter.

The thing is though that even if Olympiacos got Gordon and Artest they could not beat Panathinaikos IMO. Panathinaikos is just too damn good, so yeah basically it means that the offer would just be more to keep fans happy. Right now they have more than enough to repeat a Triple Crown next year.
brassviews
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by brassviews » Tue Jun 9, 2009 12:19 am

Olympiacos supposedly targeting Posey

Another candidate can be added to the already very long list of players that have been implicated, one way or the other with Olympiakos. This time it is NBA veteran James Posey(2.03-SF) of New Orleans, that won 2 NBA rings with Miami and Boston in the 2 previous seasons. Obviously this move would overshadow that of Josh Childress but then again it is too early to say anything as it is only a rumor. Posey averaged 11.4 points and 6.2 rebounds in 75 games with New Orleans in the regular season.

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/06/oly ... posey.html
wushui
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by wushui » Tue Jun 9, 2009 12:34 am

well, that's bullocks.
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#10 » by Apollo64 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:57 am

Posey is not a FA, he has a good contract that he'll ride to the end of his career. Honestly, summer has only started and there are already a billion bull rumours about NBA players going to Olympiacos.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Joana » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:33 pm

KWSN-Men wrote:I posted this earlier on the board and no one believed me. But Panathinaikos offered Artest $60 million for 3 years and they even offered him a big yacht. Artest confirmed it on his twitter.

No he didn't. That's not actually Artest, just some guy pretending to be him. :roll:

There's nothing to this rumour. I wouldn't give it much thought.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#12 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:17 pm

Joana wrote:
KWSN-Men wrote:I posted this earlier on the board and no one believed me. But Panathinaikos offered Artest $60 million for 3 years and they even offered him a big yacht. Artest confirmed it on his twitter.

No he didn't. That's not actually Artest, just some guy pretending to be him. :roll:

According to the Rockets twitter they said that twitter is in fact Artest's.
Joana
Banned User

Post#13 » by Joana » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:07 pm

KWSN-Men wrote:
Joana wrote:

According to the Rockets twitter they said that twitter is in fact Artest's.

Where? This is Artest's twitter: http://twitter.com/96TruwarierQB
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#14 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:10 pm

Look all I know is the Rockets twitter said that other one also belonged to Artest. Perhaps he has more than one.
Joana
Banned User

Post#15 » by Joana » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:29 pm

Here's the Rockets twitter welcoming Ron Artest's twitter:
http://twitter.com/OfficialRockets/status/1947453424

The other one doesn't belong to Artest. It's painfully obvious it's fake.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#16 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:47 pm

Joana wrote:Here's the Rockets twitter welcoming Ron Artest's twitter:
http://twitter.com/OfficialRockets/status/1947453424

The other one doesn't belong to Artest. It's painfully obvious it's fake.

That's funny because the writer of the Rockets twitter said the other one also belongs to Artest.
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#17 » by gofret » Tue Jun 9, 2009 11:58 pm

Dont Olympiacos lose all the time to the other team panthinakos? Why do they still spend that much money for 1 dude? try to get a whole team :lol:
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#18 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 am

gofret wrote:Dont Olympiacos lose all the time to the other team panthinakos? Why do they still spend that much money for 1 dude? try to get a whole team :lol:

They do. But Panathinaikos is probably the best team ever in Europe and I think they could certainly beat some NBA teams for sure. If Olympiacos was in the Spanish League for example they would probably be the favorites.
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#19 » by gofret » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:10 am

I see. I mean I dont know much about Euro ball but with 20 mil or that kinda money. They can easily get dominant big/mobile 4 from europe. I dont know Olmypiacos seem to have too much money.

Return to International Basketball