Post#41 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:16 am

And I still hate Oubre.
It has been written...
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,351

Re: GT: Hornets @ Sixers Wed Oct 12 7PM 

Post#42 » by amcoolio » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:17 am

Yeah, thanks for your optimism MI, I want it to work, but... 0-5 in preseason, non-competitive in most of it, terrible shooting percentages in every game, opponents blasting from 3 like its nothing, severe lack of assists and ball movement compared to last season....no LaMelo to start.....this has the makings of a team that will be around 5-15 in its first 20 games
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,285

Post#43 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:28 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Or should I say, Kupcake?

Yes please. Wake me up when he trades a 2023 first for a 2025 protected second rounder.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#44 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:32 am

amcoolio wrote:Yeah, thanks for your optimism MI, I want it to work, but... 0-5 in preseason, non-competitive in most of it, terrible shooting percentages in every game, opponents blasting from 3 like its nothing, severe lack of assists and ball movement compared to last season....no LaMelo to start.....this has the makings of a team that will be around 5-15 in its first 20 games

Injuries and court battles are no reason to trash a body of work.

Honestly, the fact Richards looks comparable to Plumlee right now is more than I could've asked for. Mark Williams improved significantly. The goal of preseason is improvement.

I will try to forgive Kupchak for trotting back Plumlee. But who's Plumlee facing in practice? Is he teaching Nick and Mark? Is Clifford? Nick looks like a completely different player in a short span of time. Are teams going to bulldoze Mark and Nick moving forward? They look tougher to me right now.

LaMelo - Bouknight - Miles - PJ - Mark looks like a solid blueprint to me. It may still remain the actual blueprint despite the Miles thing. Bouknight is the tipping point. I believe in him. Not ashamed.

Martin and Thor off the bench for some clamp down defense. Nice part of the blueprint.

At some point maybe we cash in Rozier and Hayward. Gordon looked fantastic tonight. These guys are going to get touches and boost their value on the trade market. The cupboard looks fairly stocked to me.

Rozier and Hayward can really help a playoff team. We're positioned to pivot and liquidate assets.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,996

Post#45 » by Diop » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:34 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
Diop wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:So are we done trashing Nick Richards and Clifford's vote of confidence? Or do we still think the whole org is dumb and we are smart?

Et tu, Brute?

MasterIchiro wrote:Kuphak is going to postpone our center dilemma until the trade deadline, isn't he?

This market was packed with upgrades. The man has a serious problem.

MasterIchiro wrote:So last offseason Kupchak brought in Mason Plumlee and Kelly Oubre. This offseason, Kupchak brought in...Mason Plumlee and Kelly Oubre.

And the guy had the gall to say he expects more than 1-2 on top of 43 wins. He set the over/under for the Hornets at 45 wins.

Based on WHAT YOU **** FACE!

All you've done here is proven I hate Mason Plumlee with every fiber of my being. It's not a big feat.

And it's not like I spend every post trashing the organization then disappear at the first positive sign. It's draining. So expect more pushback despite this nugget you unearthed. I'm going to sink my teeth into some asses here.

that was after a brief look, you had a meltdown earlier over Kupchak, now you're on your high horse talking down on everyone else being down on Kupchak.

I'm glad you are back to having a positive outlook for the team, but there is no need to be condescending to others who don't share your view with posts like these:

MasterIchiro wrote:BTW, Nick Richards worked Daniel Gafford, and Kupchak took Martin over Gafford and plucked Nick in the second round. Gafford makes 13 million per. Nick is on 1.8 nonguaranteed. Kupchak is a chump though, right? Or should I say, Kupcake?

MasterIchiro wrote:Wait, Hornets have 8 blocks? I thought Kupchak did nothing about rim protection and Clifford was going senile?

These posts are draining and end in petty arguments. You yourself were criticising Kupchak for doing nothing about the "center dilemma".

I've been following this team for a fair while, I will criticise when I'm pissed off, I will cheer when they win. That's generally the point, somewhere to vent and discuss.

I don't normally call people out like this, but if we keep getting posts mocking/baiting/pointing the finger at other posters, we will have to be stricter moderators. We've seen different versions of it over the years and it always just ends up in crappy side tracked threads. We don't want to go through that crap again.

Cheer for your players, feel good in yourself when you guess right, argue when you disagree with a point. leave it at that.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#46 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:41 am

Diop wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
Diop wrote:Et tu, Brute?

All you've done here is proven I hate Mason Plumlee with every fiber of my being. It's not a big feat.

And it's not like I spend every post trashing the organization then disappear at the first positive sign. It's draining. So expect more pushback despite this nugget you unearthed. I'm going to sink my teeth into some asses here.

that was after a brief look, you had a meltdown earlier over Kupchak, now you're on your high horse talking down on everyone else being down on Kupchak.

I'm glad you are back to having a positive outlook for the team, but there is no need to be condescending to others who don't share your view with posts like these:

MasterIchiro wrote:BTW, Nick Richards worked Daniel Gafford, and Kupchak took Martin over Gafford and plucked Nick in the second round. Gafford makes 13 million per. Nick is on 1.8 nonguaranteed. Kupchak is a chump though, right? Or should I say, Kupcake?

MasterIchiro wrote:Wait, Hornets have 8 blocks? I thought Kupchak did nothing about rim protection and Clifford was going senile?

These posts are draining and end in petty arguments. You yourself were criticising Kupchak for doing nothing about the "center dilemma".

I've been following this team for a fair while, I will criticise when I'm pissed off, I will cheer when they win. That's generally the point, somewhere to vent and discuss.

I don't normally call people out like this, but if we keep getting posts mocking/baiting/pointing the finger at other posters, we will have to be stricter moderators. We've seen different versions of it over the years and it always just ends up in crappy side tracked threads. We don't want to go through that crap again.

Cheer for your players, feel good in yourself when you guess right, argue when you disagree with a point. leave it at that.

Don't conflate my momentary smackdown of Mitch with constant bashing of the whole organization and lumping in Kupchak with Cho. It's an insult to my memory. IDGAF if you call me and only me out.

You've bashed the crap out of this org and that sets the tone, feeds the fire. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with the majority of the board doing that, then disappearing when observations contradict narratives. I'm not setting any narratives with Kupchak. I'm specifically pissed about him trotting back Plumlee and Oubre.

That's the context.

Most here want to burn down the whole thing. 20-2 in favor of a tank. Then trashing key prospects that need time, like Bouknight and Kai.

**** bull. I will die on the Bouknight hill if I have to. So if any of you want to know my trigger. Fire away compadres.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#47 » by Diop » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:08 am

MasterIchiro wrote:[

You've bashed the crap out of this org and that sets the tone, feeds the fire. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with the majority of the board doing that,

Like we listened to you harp on about Cho, but I guess that's different as you know you're right??

You missed the point anyhow, attacking/condescending posts about other posters will just end up getting posts deleted and posters suspended.
BurrellFor3
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#48 » by BurrellFor3 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:19 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
Diop wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Don't conflate my momentary smackdown of Mitch with constant bashing of the whole organization and lumping in Kupchak with Cho. It's an insult to my memory. IDGAF if you call me and only me out.

You've bashed the crap out of this org and that sets the tone, feeds the fire. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with the majority of the board doing that, then disappearing when observations contradict narratives. I'm not setting any narratives with Kupchak. I'm specifically pissed about him trotting back Plumlee and Oubre.

That's the context.

Most here want to burn down the whole thing. 20-2 in favor of a tank. Then trashing key prospects that need time, like Bouknight and Kai.

**** bull. I will die on the Bouknight hill if I have to. So if any of you want to know my trigger. Fire away compadres.

The Bouknight hill! I’m with you on that hill, might just be me you and maybe 2 others on this board. Everyone else here hates the guy and is writing him off already.
Also agree we have some nice young blueprint pieces now. I didn’t think I’d be saying this but so far I like what I’m seeing with Cliff. Players are responding. I like his demeanor when he speaks to the media also, I feel like the guys definitely respond to that too.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,576

Post#49 » by Bassman » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:22 am

Well, I’m glad to see some good production, for sure. Agree that Hayward and Martin make this team much better. Glad Bouk had a good showing, along with Williams, Nick and others. Still a loss, so lots more work to do.

Just wish Clifford would look at this and say…”the best guys and combination will start and have the most minutes”. Until LaMelo returns, why not the following: Rozier, Martin, Hayward, PJ and Richards. Reserves: Smith, Bouknight, Oubre, Thor, Williams. Plumlee sprinkled in until he can be traded. When Melo is back, deal Terry for a young player (or good vet expiring) and a pick.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#50 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:30 am

Bassman wrote:Well, I’m glad to see some good production, for sure. Agree that Hayward and Martin make this team much better. Glad Bouk had a good showing, along with Williams, Nick and others. Still a loss, so lots more work to do.

Just wish Clifford would look at this and say…”the best guys and combination will start and have the most minutes”. Until LaMelo returns, why not the following: Rozier, Martin, Hayward, PJ and Richards. Reserves: Smith, Bouknight, Oubre, Thor, Williams. Plumlee sprinkled in until he can be traded. When Melo is back, deal Terry for a young player (or good vet expiring) and a pick.

I'd welcome all of this. He won't stomp on egos though. Start Nick and Martin. Trade Rozier for one prospect plus draft capital. Test the Bouknight-is-a-bust theory.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#51 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:37 am

Diop wrote:

You've bashed the crap out of this org and that sets the tone, feeds the fire. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with the majority of the board doing that,

Like we listened to you harp on about Cho, but I guess that's different as you know you're right??

You missed the point anyhow, attacking/condescending posts about other posters will just end up getting posts deleted and posters suspended.

Point blank man, I'm not going to spend a second here if all the majority does is take cheap shots at the team when we're down. I'm not saying posters shouldn't vent but I've reached a breaking point. They've offered few alternatives. It's doom doom doom 24-7. It's overdone. There's no reason on God's green Earth to torch the place and burn it to the ground. The media takes enough cheap shots at our owner. They're borderline abusive and we have mods blaming the victim here. Yeah, MJ is dumb, dumb dumb dumb. It's **** toxic dude.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#52 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:38 am

BurrellFor3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
Diop wrote:that was after a brief look, you had a meltdown earlier over Kupchak, now you're on your high horse talking down on everyone else being down on Kupchak.

That's the context.

The Bouknight hill! I’m with you on that hill, might just be me you and maybe 2 others on this board. Everyone else here hates the guy and is writing him off already.
Also agree we have some nice young blueprint pieces now. I didn’t think I’d be saying this but so far I like what I’m seeing with Cliff. Players are responding. I like his demeanor when he speaks to the media also, I feel like the guys definitely respond to that too.

For those who want to shut their eyes.

Read on Twitter
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#53 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:40 am

I've never seen so much venom thrown so early at a Hornets prospect as I've seen spewed on Bouknight. The bust label in year two. Where do people get off on this ****?
It has been written...
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#54 » by Braggins » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:01 am

Its wild seeing the guy who once went on a rant accusing people on this forum who werent critical enough of the previous GM of being brain damaged from fracking fluid contamination in the Carolinas, now acting like anyone who doesnt like the current GM or any of his draft picks is being personally mean to them if they post about it.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,746

Post#55 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:04 am

sometimes easy to forget how good gh can be when not injured. sigh. if he's healthy... at best, he carries the miles burden and leads by example. at worst he keeps his trade value moving up leading up to deadline or next summer.

how patient will cliff be with mason and kelly just because they are vets? we've seen that from him before. i guess as long as point mason is dropping dimes, he'll get to start.

bouks hits a few more 3s like tonight, that will finally get defenders to stop going under screens. he needs that to unlock that driving threat.
Read on Twitter

defender just dying to go under those screens. make em pay.

nick biggest pleasant surprise of the preseason?

i think cliff has posted up mason more in these 5 games than the entirety of last year. not really the best use of him.

cody a big reason for uptick in effort? probably. if only we could clone him.

i really dont know what to make of thor.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#56 » by Diop » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:07 am

fatlever wrote:
cody a big reason for uptick in effort? probably. if only we could clone him.

Love the irony since we let his identical twin walk :lol:
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#57 » by Braggins » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:11 am

fatlever wrote:cody a big reason for uptick in effort? probably. if only we could clone him.

I didn't think either Martin twin would get a second contract because i didn't think theyd be able to shoot 3s at a reasonable level and they don't have any other real standout skills. With a reasonable 3pt shot them being pretty good defenders with good intelligence and versatility is pretty valuable, especially on a team starved for point of attack defenders.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#58 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:29 am

Braggins wrote:Its wild seeing the guy who once went on a rant accusing people on this forum who werent critical enough of the previous GM of being brain damaged from fracking fluid contamination in the Carolinas, now acting like anyone who doesnt like the current GM or any of his draft picks is being personally mean to them if they post about it.

It's wild the new incessant basher crowd who for YEARS failed to wage a single criticism that stuck to a proven crappy GM who failed this fanbase through and through, go out of their **** way to constantly criticize a proven successful one.

IDGAF how you choose to explain away his MULTIPLE championships, but he's a championship GM and his picks categorically destroy Cho's.

I liked Clifford. I liked Kemba. I desperately wanted him to have help. No, Gerald Henderson was not help. MKG was not help. I've always adored MJ, the NC fracked water drinking native son and Tarheel. I would hope his allies here would be able to muster more than the content produced here since winning 43 games with a very young group and a practice dummy center.

But instead of rallying behind the one black owner amd defending their turf, they're running re-runs of carcinogenic Morton Downey Jr. episodes with calls to torch it all. Scorched Earth.

I just wanted one flame extinguished. Cho.
It has been written...
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,351

Post#59 » by amcoolio » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:30 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
Diop wrote:

Point blank man, I'm not going to spend a second here if all the majority does is take cheap shots at the team when we're down. I'm not saying posters shouldn't vent but I've reached a breaking point. They've offered few alternatives. It's doom doom doom 24-7. It's overdone. There's no reason on God's green Earth to torch the place and burn it to the ground. The media takes enough cheap shots at our owner. They're borderline abusive and we have mods blaming the victim here. Yeah, MJ is dumb, dumb dumb dumb. It's **** toxic dude.

Don’t leave, we need posters here.

You can’t be mad at posters for taking shots at the team, it’s more than deserved. It’s a miracle I’m even actively posting. I’ve gone from age 16 to age 34 with the worst franchise in the NBA (yes, and it’s not close. The original franchise moves when I’m 14 years old and die hard fan. Talk about crushing. Then since then, 0 playoff series wins, 3 playoff appearances, 0 division titles… only the Kings are in the convo, yet they had really good teams in the early 2000s). And just when they are on the upswing, finally, it all comes crashing down again and Vegas sharps have been murdering the under on this team and it’s likely we will finish under 30 wins, yet again, but the front office thinks we are a contender.

It’s pathetic. I’ve reached my breaking point. They trade the 13th pick for nothing, when a player I know we need is on the board and now looks like one of the best rookies in the NBA. I feel like Mark Ruffalo in Spotlight. They can’t keep getting away with this! You can’t fool me anymore with this fake optimism, I know how this season is going to go. We are going to finish with the 8th-12th pick again. We are going to be leapfrogged by teams worse than us because they got luckier in the draft and they hire actual good coaches. It’s the same cycle over and over.

I’m not **** on Bouknight, but we are celebrating that he hit a few threes in a row. Why? How many end of bench guys in the NBA CANT do that? The Celtics white guy that I never heard of hit 5 threes in a quarter against us the other day. It’s just super disappointing that he looks so far behind other NBA players and we were counting on him this year. I hope he gets better quickly for all of our sakes.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,746

Post#60 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:36 am

next 9 days are gonna feel like 2 months. i want the season to start tomorrow.
but, i'll be patient because i know melo needs the extra time.

Return to Charlotte Hornets