ImageImage

Lakers interested in Terry

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Re: Lakers interested in Terry 

Post#61 » by Braggins » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:44 pm

Fyi, the next available pick Miami can trade is 2027 and the next the Lakers can trade is 2029. If you aren't interested in those picks then you aren't really interested in dealing with those teams.

Contenders trying to trade for Rozier are trying to improve their team for a title run. They aren't going to make lateral moves for him and give up players like Herro or Reaves. You are going to get picks, or lesser role players + picks, for him most likely. Its maybe possible to get one of those guys involved if PJ gets added to the mix if one of those teams really likes him (Miami has shown interest before).

Looking at the trade machine, I think my ideal scenario would be to get Hayward involved as well.

Terry Rozier + Gordon Hayward + Ish Smith for Kyle Lowry + Caleb Martin + Duncan Robinson + picks

I'm not sure what the exact picks would be, but I like those players being the deal. I would also try to do a separate trade to get rid of Miles.

Charlotte
starters: LaMelo ~ Caleb ~ Miller ~ Miles ~ Mark
bench5: Lowry ~ Robinson ~ Cody ~ PJ ~ Richardson
warmers: Frank ~ McGowens ~ Thor

Miami
starters: Rozier ~ Herro ~ Butler ~ Hayward ~ Bam
bench5: Ish ~ Richardson ~ Jaquez ~ Love ~ Bryant
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,500

Post#62 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:04 pm

Braggins wrote:Fyi, the next available pick Miami can trade is 2027 and the next the Lakers can trade is 2029. If you aren't interested in those picks then you aren't really interested in dealing with those teams.

Contenders trying to trade for Rozier are trying to improve their team for a title run. They aren't going to make lateral moves for him and give up players like Herro or Reaves. You are going to get picks, or lesser role players + picks, for him most likely. Its maybe possible to get one of those guys involved if PJ gets added to the mix if one of those teams really likes him (Miami has shown interest before).

Looking at the trade machine, I think my ideal scenario would be to get Hayward involved as well.

Terry Rozier + Gordon Hayward + Ish Smith for Kyle Lowry + Caleb Martin + Duncan Robinson + picks

I'm not sure what the exact picks would be, but I like those players being the deal. I would also try to do a separate trade to get rid of Miles.

Charlotte

Miami

Convincing Miami to give up 3 rotation pieces and picks for Hayward and Rozier is probably a hard sell.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Post#63 » by Braggins » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:56 pm

I'm also skeptical Miami would do that. Rozier is the best player in the deal by a decent margin, though, and Martin/Robinson are basically the same age as him. Hayward is the 2nd best player in the deal when healthy.

If they gave up a 1st for the Rozier for Martin/DRob part of the deal and the 2nd they own for the Hayward for Lowry part of the deal, thats not crazy.

There are people on here already scoffing at the idea of trading Rozier for only two 1sts, so I was trying to hedge my bets and keep it vague by just saying "picks".
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 870

Post#64 » by KingCat » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:12 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Braggins wrote:Fyi, the next available pick Miami can trade is 2027 and the next the Lakers can trade is 2029. If you aren't interested in those picks then you aren't really interested in dealing with those teams.

Charlotte

Miami

Convincing Miami to give up 3 rotation pieces and picks for Hayward and Rozier is probably a hard sell.

Think the picks is the deal breaker here. Miami highly values their picks since they know what they're doing with them.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,500

Post#65 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:22 pm

Bkn: Sends Dinwiddie, 1st.
Cha: Rozier

Bkn: Sit in 9th seed, don't own their own pick this year so might as well try to win. Probably aren't signing Dinwiddie as FA. Kick can down the road. Rozier actually a good fit with shooters and defenders surrounding him. Simmons and Rozier are actually decent backcourt pairing in some ways.

Cha: We get a first, likely Suns unprotected in 2025. Dinwiddie gives us 70% of Terry but on an expiring and opens flexibility. Maybe resign Spencer if things go well, who knows.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#66 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:24 pm

I'm just spitballing here, but what about Simmons + Suns pick for Terry? Kills two birds with one stone (gives us a big and a backup PG). Take a huge dip in shooting ability but we improve in every other area. The rub is Simmons health obviously.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,255

Post#67 » by SWedd523 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:00 pm

Rich4114 wrote:I'm just spitballing here, but what about Simmons + Suns pick for Terry? Kills two birds with one stone (gives us a big and a backup PG). Take a huge dip in shooting ability but we improve in every other area. The rub is Simmons health obviously.

What could go wrong with adding an injury prone player to this roster
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 18,037

Post#68 » by Diop » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:23 am

i cant see Simmons back keeping him on the injury list for some time. he cant play with what ever is bothering him

Return to Charlotte Hornets