ImageImage

GT: Charlotte vs Bulls 1/8 7PM ET

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,446

Re: GT: Charlotte vs Bulls 1/8 7PM ET 

Post#41 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:49 am

If anyone continues to **** on rozier you need to just go **** yourself. He played his guts out. At the end of OT he was huffing like he was going to die. It's ridiculous
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 14,143

Post#42 » by yosemiteben » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
JustBuzzin
RealGM
And1: 8,986

Post#43 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:08 am

Yeah Miller is definitely not well lately.

He's had his worst stretch of games since he came back from the ankle injury.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,096

Post#44 » by fatlever » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:25 pm

At least Thor wasn't awful for once
Nsj still looks solid
Terry keeping that trade value sky high

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,343

Post#45 » by Rich4114 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:35 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:If anyone continues to **** on rozier you need to just go **** yourself. He played his guts out. At the end of OT he was huffing like he was going to die. It's ridiculous

Right, the problem is that is simply not a sustainable winning brand of basketball. Run Terry into the ground and depend on him to just keep hitting fading to the left circus threes? He is putting up stats, putting in work, doing it all. But our offense is complete trash, unless he hits a circus shot. The ball stops and the 4 other players just watch Terry dribble and shoot. Defense swarms him, no ball movement. It's just not the best way to use a player like him. I'd rather he score 20 points efficiently and we win than watch him score 40 and we get close to winning but don't.

To be clear, this is not me blaming Terry for losing. This is me blaming Clifford and how he's using this roster on offense. I know everyone is injured, but they're making it easy on the defense to guard and the only way we win a game is if Terry defies the odds and scores 40 while having 3 guys draped all over him all game. Good luck with that, it's not team / winning basketball but it does create great individual player stats.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,708

Post#46 » by Bassman » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:43 pm

Good points Rich. Part of the issue also is the players currently around Terry and their abilities to be a go-to option. Miles is certainly contributing, but lately Brandon is looking off (confirmed sick) and few others can come through in must-score situations.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#47 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:37 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:If anyone continues to **** on rozier you need to just go **** yourself. He played his guts out. At the end of OT he was huffing like he was going to die. It's ridiculous

Right, the problem is that is simply not a sustainable winning brand of basketball. Run Terry into the ground and depend on him to just keep hitting fading to the left circus threes? He is putting up stats, putting in work, doing it all. But our offense is complete trash, unless he hits a circus shot. The ball stops and the 4 other players just watch Terry dribble and shoot. Defense swarms him, no ball movement. It's just not the best way to use a player like him. I'd rather he score 20 points efficiently and we win than watch him score 40 and we get close to winning but don't.

To be clear, this is not me blaming Terry for losing. This is me blaming Clifford and how he's using this roster on offense. I know everyone is injured, but they're making it easy on the defense to guard and the only way we win a game is if Terry defies the odds and scores 40 while having 3 guys draped all over him all game. Good luck with that, it's not team / winning basketball but it does create great individual player stats.

Imagine thinking Clifford is at fault for slamming Terry into the ground as if he should be able to construct an NBA level offense with McGowens, Richards, Mensah, JT Thor and Ish Smith all playing real NBA minutes. LOL.

Jeez Terry just pass the ball to Mensah and McGowens and let them carry us duhhhh

Return to Charlotte Hornets