ImageImage

LaMelephant: The LaMelo Ball Thread (#2)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,508

Re: LaMelephant: The LaMelo Ball Thread (#2) 

Post#561 » by SWedd523 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:19 am

dude gets a full back piece with aliens and **** and the color of the ink is where we draw the maturity line lol

you're too old for social media at this point. hop off the facespace and twit tok
JustBuzzin
RealGM
And1: 8,986

Post#562 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 22, 2024 3:23 am

SWedd523 wrote:dude gets a full back piece with aliens and **** and the color of the ink is where we draw the maturity line lol

you're too old for social media at this point. hop off the facespace and twit tok

I mentioned nothing about tattoos in the past. You just using that as an excuse. If you gonna call me out do it when I actually call him out for legit reasons.

But go ahead class clown make your buddies laugh.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,096

Post#563 » by fatlever » Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 am

my only beef with melo here (aside from his typical reckless driving, which we all knew would bite him the ass at some point) would be - if he did in fact know he ran over the kid's foot (huge maybe) and he drove away, leaving the scene, that's pretty terrible

spectrum/hornets gotta do better about making this exit safer

parents gotta stop letting their kid run into traffic...

in fact, can we just stop freaking the **** out when we see famous people in general? i met fat lever once, sorta, i was in tunnel under arena after hornets nuggets in 1990. (i few times worked for the guy who did vhs tapes for lockerroom). after the game fat is standing in the tunnels under arena talking to a guy. i stood there for like 10 minutes bout 15 feet away because i didn't want to bother him. and i'm cool with it. because if he would have been a dick in that moment, it would have crushed me as a fan. so, how about we just leave famous people the **** alone.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 18,236

Post#564 » by Diop » Wed May 22, 2024 5:08 am

sounds like he drove straight forward, kids feet shouldn't be on the road to go under the wheel.

reasonable of Ball to not expect them to be on the road and assume everyone is keeping their limbs out of harms way
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,708

Post#565 » by Bassman » Wed May 22, 2024 11:33 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Family is suing for 25k. Just pay it take a selfie with the kid and move on.

^^^THIS!^^^

Easy to say he didn’t know it happened cause he probably didn’t. Yes he drives like an imbecile…better stop that and a lot of teenager level crap. But security needs to establish parameters for fans so they can’t crowd players attempts to leave in their own vehicles.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,343

Post#566 » by Rich4114 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:41 pm

The more I find out about this, the more it seems that it was dangerous of the kids parents to let him run into the street on a busy road for an attempt at an autograph. Why would anyone stop in the middle of the road to sign something? Plus, if he was stopped at a light as it sounds and the kids foot got ran over, it means the kid was so close to LaMelo's side window that his foot was underneath the car and definitely not at a safe distance. How could the driver know his foot was there? Unfortunately for LaMelo, he has been seen driving recklessly leaving the arena and whether this is an accident he shouldn't be at fault for or not - the reputation hurts him most here.

Hornets are also at fault for not making it safer for fans and employees to exit. I love how they police the area INSIDE the arena in a busy public area to make sure people don't stand behind the TV booth that about 14 people total are watching but they don't offer any kind of security measures where players are leaving. I don't know of another stadium or arena where you can get that close access to players leaving.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#567 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Hornets need to fire our PR and Marketing team. The only time news gets out about us is if it is negative.

Our twitter reporters are so desperate for fame they would rather have everyone on the fanbase hate our players then actually try to find inventive ways to get press. It is all negative or lusting over other players.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,343

Post#568 » by Rich4114 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:48 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Hornets need to fire our PR and Marketing team. The only time news gets out about us is if it is negative.

Our twitter reporters are so desperate for fame they would rather have everyone on the fanbase hate our players then actually try to find inventive ways to get press. It is all negative or lusting over other players.

I agree, it's bottom of the barrel in the NBA.

Also, you gotta love how the reporters here just post the headline "LaMelo Ball runs over poor 11 year old child's foot and is being sued". Conveniently leaving out all context.

And not to downplay the kid getting hurt and whatever he must be going through. But painting LaMelo as the villain here because it gets attention is lame.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,708

Post#569 » by Bassman » Wed May 22, 2024 4:10 pm

Now making national headlines. Melo needs to squash this pronto. And yes, drive like a grown up.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40193699/mother-suing-lamelo-ball-allegedly-striking-son-car
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
KembaWalker
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#570 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 22, 2024 4:18 pm

An incident report from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department that was obtained by ESPN said Joseph suffered bruises and scratches that were described as minor.

This could not be more blatant of an extortion attempt, the problem is that it’s free ammo for people who already don’t like LaMelo, mostly Warriors fans and boomers. The Hornets have been down so hard it’s easy for people to pile on for social media likes
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#571 » by fatlever » Wed May 22, 2024 7:02 pm

https://youtu.be/ZICm6vK4_Jc?si=XHwpNrxPPdY20n4T

this reaction vid pretty sums up my frustration... basically just exhausting with non-stop negative news about this franchise for several years. lol. its not about blame, just like... are you **** kidding me, can we just have one normal offseason :lol:
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#572 » by cornchip » Thu May 23, 2024 12:07 am

fatlever wrote:https://youtu.be/ZICm6vK4_Jc?si=XHwpNrxPPdY20n4T

this reaction vid pretty sums up my frustration... basically just exhausting with non-stop negative news about this franchise for several years. lol. its not about blame, just like... are you **** kidding me, can we just have one normal offseason :lol:

Kinda reminds me of the 1997-2002 Panthers with Collins, then Fred Lane, then Carruth, then an absolute disaster of a season (and probably more I'm forgetting).
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#573 » by fatlever » Thu May 23, 2024 5:39 am

cornchip wrote:
fatlever wrote:https://youtu.be/ZICm6vK4_Jc?si=XHwpNrxPPdY20n4T

Kinda reminds me of the 1997-2002 Panthers with Collins, then Fred Lane, then Carruth, then an absolute disaster of a season (and probably more I'm forgetting).

at that same time you had hornets
- george shinn rape trial
- derrick coleman peeing in a plant in a restaurant
- bobby phills death after drag racing david wesley on tyvola
- hornets leaving

it was a disaster of a time period for charlotte, basically, like now
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,853

Post#574 » by LofJ » Fri May 31, 2024 10:51 pm

We need these angels to protect his ankles:

Read on Twitter
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,680

Post#575 » by GoBobs » Sat Jun 1, 2024 12:10 am

Hide your feet: The LaMelo Ball Thread
Snidely FC
Head Coach
And1: 3,297

Post#576 » by Snidely FC » Tue Jun 4, 2024 11:50 am

The Hornets‘ new owners aren’t ready to explore trade opportunities involving LaMelo Ball, Boone adds. Injuries have prevented Ball from playing a full NBA season, and the new regime wants to give him a chance to see if he can stay healthy. Boone also points out that Ball’s trade value is low because of his repeated ankle issues, so it’s unlikely that other teams would give up multiple first-rounders in return. Boone doesn’t expect Ball to be traded within the next year.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#577 » by fatlever » Tue Jun 4, 2024 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter

melo now officially a charlotte homeowner
JustBuzzin
RealGM
And1: 8,986

Post#578 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Jun 4, 2024 10:17 pm

Cam Whoaaa Cam!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#579 » by fatlever » Wed Jun 5, 2024 11:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=RDzewNGtxAOq2YAH_WacuA&s=19

Just melo doing melo stuff. It's so fitting he lives in cams old condo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,508

Post#580 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jun 5, 2024 11:37 pm

The last uber star in Charlotte whose career was ruined by injuries officially passed the torch to the next.

Return to Charlotte Hornets