ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte @ Golden State 2-1-08 10:30pm

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Would you play NBA Jam with Current Rosters?

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Steve, go home!!!
33%

Total votes: 9

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,853

Post#141 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:51 am

Twiggy getting a bit out of hand.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#142 » by BigSlam » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:53 am

floppymoose wrote:Twiggy getting a bit out of hand.
He's very excitable.
B B M F 'ers
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#143 » by zero » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:54 am

Paydro70 wrote:...why is there anger about thinking we could win? Does it really matter? We suck, I wish we didn't, and the Warriors are better. Yay.

you all have some good pieces. there will be better days.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#144 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:55 am

Ok, so I can't say good game without getting laughed out of the thread... but at least both teams got to play the young kids some. Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way. Please kill on the rest of your road trip!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#145 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:58 am

I'm upset because I never expected to win, so I don't understand the sentiment that is in every losing game thread of "OMG WE LOOK HORRIBLE TONIGHT"

I hardly EVER expect us to win. I made that mistake for the 2nd time this year against Philly on Saturday and it humbled me.

Therefore, I think it's a total buzzkill to post on a message fanboard "WE LOOK SO BAD TONIGHT!" Of course we do, the Warriors are a good team in the West and we're a bad team in the NBA. We're a young team, but 2 of our last 3 lottery picks have been injured for the entire year and we FINALLY used our 15th roster spot.

We started poorly during the easiest part of the schedule and we're terrible on the road... and that's against mostly East coast teams.

We lost to the Warriors 131-105 last year in Oakland but expected something drastically different tonight and I'm just curious as to why this is at all logical and then why it's helpful at all to post "OMG WE'RE TERRIBLE". What's the point of being a fan then? Just stop watching and do something fun, that's what I do most games but it's becoming really predictable. When things go well and we SQUEAK out a win we're a playoff team but when we lose we call our players Estinka and JBrick and McMinus and now we have Boykins who is unquestionably better than roster spot #15, but it's all negativity.

Have we not seen darker days as Bobcat fans?
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#146 » by spectre_ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:59 am

floppymoose wrote:Ok, so I can't say good game without getting laughed out of the thread... but at least both teams got to play the young kids some. Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way. Please kill on the rest of your road trip!

Well that would depend on who Vincent throws under the bus after the loss and how said player takes it. 8)

You guys are a good group Floppy...hope you kick some butt in the playoffs.

Mainly I'd like to know the particulars on Felton & Crash. I saw Felton aggravate the ankle again but I didn't catch the other.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#147 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:03 am

Knicks ahead of Portland with a minute to go!!!

edit: oops, sorry, wrong thread. :oops:
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:05 am

Throwing players under the bus can't help with all of the injuries...
ranlamjon
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#149 » by ranlamjon » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:12 am

hmmmmm

it was nice to see jRich but not the "W's Jrich" gg though....

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:13 am

I guess he did make all of his free throws, now that you mention it.
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#151 » by DaBassSource » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:27 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:I'm upset because I never expected to win, so I don't understand the sentiment that is in every losing game thread of "OMG WE LOOK HORRIBLE TONIGHT"

I hardly EVER expect us to win. I made that mistake for the 2nd time this year against Philly on Saturday and it humbled me.

Therefore, I think it's a total buzzkill to post on a message fanboard "WE LOOK SO BAD TONIGHT!" Of course we do, the Warriors are a good team in the West and we're a bad team in the NBA. We're a young team, but 2 of our last 3 lottery picks have been injured for the entire year and we FINALLY used our 15th roster spot.

We started poorly during the easiest part of the schedule and we're terrible on the road... and that's against mostly East coast teams.

We lost to the Warriors 131-105 last year in Oakland but expected something drastically different tonight and I'm just curious as to why this is at all logical and then why it's helpful at all to post "OMG WE'RE TERRIBLE". What's the point of being a fan then? Just stop watching and do something fun, that's what I do most games but it's becoming really predictable. When things go well and we SQUEAK out a win we're a playoff team but when we lose we call our players Estinka and JBrick and McMinus and now we have Boykins who is unquestionably better than roster spot #15, but it's all negativity.

Have we not seen darker days as Bobcat fans?
Sorry Walt ... Until Jeff goes to the bench for more mins / Not starting.... He will be McBlackHole to me... And I'm not sure I can get over the shock of seeing us getting blown out by the 2nd Quarter...not sure I should expect to...
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#152 » by sanddude909 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:07 pm

NOTE: gentle ribbing to follow.....

I wonder how long it will take Bowens to blame this loss on Richardson, who admittedly had a terrible game (10 points, 2 of 9 shooting) and continue his demand for him to be run out of town on a rail :)
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:32 pm

Bowens has been great about Jrich, it's pretty obvious unless your eyes are clouded with beautiful California salt and sand.

I need to visit again, it's almost been a year. :(

Bass, I understand the McBlackHole hate.

Guess I respect GSW a lot more than most? I certainly thought we were a poor matchup based on how we did last year and how well GSW has been lately (Beat NO to end their 9 game win streak, you know...the NO Hornets that absolutely destroyed our cats).

We are not deep at all by NBA standards and have some glaring holes, namely that great PGs give our perimeter "defense" fits and an inability to guard athletic/rangy 4s. This is the GSW style of play to a "t", thus... one of the worst matchups possible for us.

edited to kill a double post
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#154 » by sanddude909 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:05 am

Bowens has been great about Jrich, it's pretty obvious unless your eyes are clouded with beautiful California salt and sand.

Good for him. I don't come to this board daily, and my last recollection of Bowens was him accusing me of having a hard-on for Richardson because he was the best available offensive off-guard last off-season but 'quote unquote' was a terrible defender. When I asked why he wasn't as vocal about your point guard play (Felton and McInnis), he said that Felton was a native North Carolinian, so he automatically got some extra slack. That seemed odd to me.

Plus, early in the year he hadn't found his stroke and was shooting about 4-5% below his career averages for field goals made, and 3-pointers made.

Plus, early in the year, he was shooting less than 60% from the FT line.

But if he's come around, then I'm happy. One only wonders who his current "trade his arse out of NC": candidate is, rofl.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by Walt Cronkite » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:18 am

Yea, he's come around. Not sure who's currently in his doghouse, but the players always catch wind of it and go nuts, so I hope it's Felton

Return to Charlotte Hornets