Post#1 » by joew8302 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:41 pm

I am a Pacer fan, and wondered what you would think about this deal:

Ind gets

Matt Carroll
Earl Boykins (or other filler)

Char Gets

Jamal Tinsley
Stephen Graham (or other filler)

What do you guys think? I like the trade for both teams. Tinsley would push Felton for you guys and make the PG position more competitive. Carroll hasn't played much lately and it seems as if he is in Vincent's doghouse, which means you wouldn't loose a whole lot. Plus he has 5 years left on his deal. Indiana gets a 3 point marksman they have coveted for awhile. Everyone wins.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Bowens » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Nooooooooo way. Tinsley is always gimpy and always in your doghouse. We do need an upgrade at the PG spot but, if we're going to replace Raymond, we need to do it with someone who doesn't have issues and makes our team seriously better. Also there is a chance we draft a PG in this upcoming draft. So taking on Tinsley and his long term deal with 3 remaining years, is not smart.
joew8302
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by joew8302 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 pm

I hear ya. I am not even saying Tinsley would be an upgrade at all to Felton, but he would give you some insurance if Felton leaves. I believe Tinsley is making around 6 million this year and not a whole lot more with his upcoming years, so you wouldn't exactly have to break the bank. You could have him for giving up a guy that is rarely used too, just a thought. The character issues are valid though. To be honest I am sick of Jamal, but like Stephen Jackson I really think he could thrive with a fresh start, so who knows.

I always have been a big Matt Carroll fan though. How did he find his way into Vincents doghouse?
SteveMorrison15
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#4 » by SteveMorrison15 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Boooooo!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#5 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:07 am

I don't think we can trade Boykins, but realistic logistics aside, I probably WOULD accept this trade.

Carroll will be redundant this year and when he's in a shooting slump, he's pretty hard to give minutes to. Tinsley is a risky acquisition, as his teams normally go as he goes, but if we could get him into a positive situation I think it would really improve the team.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#6 » by chrbal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 am

For Tinsley, the player...sure. For Tinsley, completely...no.

If I had some sort of confidence that Tinsley could change in the way that Rasheed Wallace did from Portland to Detroit...i would do this without hesisation, even though I think Felton will eventually work out (next year with the new head coach).
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,264

Post#7 » by Rich4114 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 am

No deal.

Return to Charlotte Hornets