ImageImage

College/prospects thread 17-18

Moderators: BigSlam, yosemiteben, fatlever, Diop, JDR720

User avatar
TheKingofSting
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 1,956
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
       

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#621 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Image

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 14,084
And1: 5,629
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#622 » by yosemiteben » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
LofJ
Head Coach
Posts: 6,461
And1: 3,302
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#623 » by LofJ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:Interesting read:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is interesting, Mitch is looking at exactly the right players he should be looking at according to their rankings.

1 - Marvin Bagley
2 - Luka Doncic
3 - Deandre Ayton
4 - Jaren Jackson
5 - Mikal Bridges
6 - Mo Bamba
7 - Wendell Carter
8 - Collin Sexton
9 - Zhaire Smith
10- Trae Young
11- Michael Porter
12- Kevin Knox
13- De'Anthony Melton
14- Troy Brown
15- Keita Bates-Diop
16- Mitchell Robinson
17- Jevon Carter
18- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
19- Miles Bridges
20- Robert Williams

The model they're using is not nearly as high on SGA and Miles as most pundits are.
Image
User avatar
Bassman
Analyst
Posts: 3,421
And1: 428
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Sunny SW Florida; NC born & bred
       

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#624 » by Bassman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:45 am

LofJ wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:Interesting read:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is interesting, Mitch is looking at exactly the right players he should be looking at according to their rankings.

1 - Marvin Bagley
2 - Luka Doncic
3 - Deandre Ayton
4 - Jaren Jackson
5 - Mikal Bridges
6 - Mo Bamba
7 - Wendell Carter
8 - Collin Sexton
9 - Zhaire Smith
10- Trae Young
11- Michael Porter
12- Kevin Knox
13- De'Anthony Melton
14- Troy Brown
15- Keita Bates-Diop
16- Mitchell Robinson
17- Jevon Carter
18- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
19- Miles Bridges
20- Robert Williams

The model they're using is not nearly as high on SGA and Miles as most pundits are.


Love the analytics. Model shows what I’ve said; Bagley is top talent. Mikal also very high. Interesting that Smith is rated so well...need to look hard at him. Much more goes into a selection (interviews, workouts).
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 11,970
And1: 2,086
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#625 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:02 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Sexton as an up tempo backup PG with upside. He's my choice after Miles Bridges.
Image
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 11,970
And1: 2,086
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#626 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 am

Split the first 11 down the middle. Assume none of the first 5 will fall to 11:

Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Bamba
Jackson

Hornets will end up with one of the following 8:

Michael Porter Jr.
Trae Young
Wendell Carter
Mikal Bridges
Collin Sexton
Miles Bridges
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Kevin Knox

Feel free to eliminate your least favorite 2. Here's to hoping the Hornets don't select either of those 2
Image
Bence
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 21, 2011
Location: Budapest
     

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#627 » by Bence » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Split the first 11 down the middle. Assume none of the first 5 will fall to 11:

Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Bamba
Jackson

Hornets will end up with one of the following 8:

Michael Porter Jr.
Trae Young
Wendell Carter
Mikal Bridges
Collin Sexton
Miles Bridges
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Kevin Knox

Feel free to eliminate your least favorite 2. Here's to hoping the Hornets don't select either of those 2


Young, Knox
Bence
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 21, 2011
Location: Budapest
     

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#628 » by Bence » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 am

While the espn analytics put SGA a bit lower, it's interesting that the projection of him getting to be a starter level player is very high. I like that.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 11,970
And1: 2,086
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#629 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

I wish I could subtract 3. We agree Knox is one to subtract. My other is SGA followed by Mikal Bridges. I would walk away unhappy if we draft any of those 3.
Image
MugzZo
Junior
Posts: 440
And1: 168
Joined: Mar 21, 2017

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#630 » by MugzZo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

At this point I just want one of the bridges. Hopefully Miles will settle for Mikal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
JMAC3
Starter
Posts: 2,398
And1: 264
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#631 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Out of these 8.. I would be happy with Porter Jr., Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter. I would be ehh on Sexton, Young, Knox. And disappointed with SGA and Miles.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Image
Braggins
General Manager
Posts: 8,743
And1: 3,152
Joined: Jan 05, 2014
 

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#632 » by Braggins » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:25 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I wish I could subtract 3. We agree Knox is one to subtract. My other is SGA followed by Mikal Bridges. I would walk away unhappy if we draft any of those 3.

I would subtract Knox and Sexton and maybe even Trae Young. I'm also not very enthused about Mikal.
taj2133
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,719
And1: 1,461
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#633 » by taj2133 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Lwcasu
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 109
Joined: Apr 10, 2014
Location: China
         

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#634 » by Lwcasu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 pm

MPJ has a strained hip and cancelled his workout. On the front page of this website. Does he slide to #11?
LofJ
Head Coach
Posts: 6,461
And1: 3,302
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#635 » by LofJ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Lwcasu wrote:MPJ has a strained hip and cancelled his workout. On the front page of this website. Does he slide to #11?


I think the Cavaliers would gamble on him. With Lebron likely leaving they're going to want someone that can generate excitement among their fan-base. The Knicks likely would as well, although I think it would be a mistake considering their current roster construction and the double injury risk of both him and Porzingis.

If he drops all the way to 11 there has to be another major red flag other than his back injury, so I'd be really hesitant to take him.
Image
User avatar
TheKingofSting
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 1,956
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
       

College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#636 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:34 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Out of these 8.. I would be happy with Porter Jr., Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter. I would be ehh on Sexton, Young, Knox. And disappointed with SGA and Miles.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


I still want SGA but my interest is fading over time and that ESPN model. I'm almost ready to say screw it and roll the dice on Zhaire Smith or Troy Brown. Everyone nationally would laugh at Mitch on draft night and whichever one we take will turn into an All-Star.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
User avatar
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 29,662
And1: 20,341
Joined: Jul 09, 2013
     

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#637 » by JDR720 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:58 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250189/Michael-Porter-Jr-Cancels-Workout-Due-To-Strained-Hip

Porter couldn't get out of bed to do a workout due to muscle spasms .
LofJ
Head Coach
Posts: 6,461
And1: 3,302
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#638 » by LofJ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

JDR720 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250189/Michael-Porter-Jr-Cancels-Workout-Due-To-Strained-Hip

Porter couldn't get out of bed to do a workout due to muscle spasms .


Whatever agency represents him is either trying their best to get him to fall to a specific team or they're terrible at their job. It's one thing to cancel a workout because of a muscle injury (it happens every year to tons of players) but quite another to have that injury and then tell the media that you can't even get out of bed. If that truly happened that's something you DO NOT let get out. I'm either doing to feel really bad for MPJ or I'm going to be nodding my head thinking to myself "well done Bulls and team MPJ, you got what you wanted."
Image
Teal25
Sophomore
Posts: 105
And1: 50
Joined: Apr 14, 2018
 

Re: College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#639 » by Teal25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

I would be a little nervous to take MPJ if he falls to 11 but still take him. I really don’t think he gets pass Cleveland or NY. They both will Tank hard next year anyway. Might as well gamble on MPJ.
User avatar
TheKingofSting
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 1,956
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
       

College/prospects thread 17-18 

Post#640 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Teal25 wrote:I would be a little nervous to take MPJ if he falls to 11 but still take him. I really don’t think he gets pass Cleveland or NY. They both will Tank hard next year anyway. Might as well gamble on MPJ.


Yep, Sheridan said LeBron is gone for sure. Cleveland could take MPJ and do anything from periodical DNP-Rest him to "redshirt" him for the whole season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Charlotte Hornets