Miles Bridges Arrested: Felony Domestic Violence, Wife Speaks Pg.85

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,734

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#601 » by Diop » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 am

I just need for miles to show me something more than athleticism. A good outside shot or good handles.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#602 » by BigSlam » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Diop wrote:I just need for miles to show me something more than athleticism. A good outside shot or good handles.

He said his goal is to shoot 38% from three this season.

The way it's looking he'll be lucky to top 28%.
B B M F 'ers
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#603 » by -Ian- » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Speaking of outside shooting, I find it disappointing that JB doesn't seem to have a shooting coach in his staff. All of the young guys can and will benefit from having one. :banghead:
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,612

Post#604 » by fatlever » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:58 pm

should we concerned? he looks pretty bad so far. rust, slump, half-assing preseason, or simply no progress (or regression)?
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#605 » by Hornet Mania » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:15 pm

I'm not too concerned yet, gotta give him time. It would have been nice to get a giant leap that indicates he's a future star, but I think he will improve as the season progresses and he learns how to handle a bigger role. I have noticed he's being asked to do a lot more than last year, especially bringing the ball up the floor occasionally, and he's not disappearing for long stretches like early in his rookie year. It will be an adjustment period but I am not yet discouraged.

His work ethic helps, as Diop said earlier a lot of my faith in Miles comes from the hope he will just "Kemba it" and slowly but surely through repetition and commitment fix his shooting stroke and refine his game.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#606 » by BigSlam » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 pm

fatlever wrote:should we concerned? he looks pretty bad so far. rust, slump, half-assing preseason, or simply no progress (or regression)?

I'm concerned - and I had massive hopes for Bridges when we drafted him.

That said, the make up of the team is drastically different now (no Walker, Lamb or Parker) so it might take a little time for the young guys to find their groove and hit their stride without those 3 on the roster anymore.

That's what I'm hoping at least.
B B M F 'ers
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#607 » by yosemiteben » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:05 pm

I'd say I'm pretty concerned but also do realize that he's relatively young and still has a lot of room to grow.
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#608 » by predators » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Seems like a jack of all trades type guy offensively (skill wise), but doesn't have the length/athleticism/motor to take advantage of match-ups offensively to make that style of play work. Cheering for him though. Even though I've been skeptical, I'd rather him be good then be right.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,459

Post#609 » by KembaWalker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 am

Miles is in his own tier at the very bottom of RPM stats so far this year (ESPN just released)
thoughts?
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#610 » by DY_nasty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:02 am

KembaWalker wrote:Miles is in his own tier at the very bottom of RPM stats so far this year (ESPN just released)
thoughts?

im
not
trippin
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,515

Post#611 » by Bassman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 am

KembaWalker wrote:Miles is in his own tier at the very bottom of RPM stats so far this year (ESPN just released)
thoughts?

Bridges is seriously a guy that we need to consider trading in combo with one of our bad contracts to get a player & pick. Yes he may develop and improve but I don’t see acceleration in his game, BBIQ or form. Combine with Batum in a deal with a team trying to get into the playoffs or just inside them who could use the “creative genius” of Nic, returning an expiring vet of need plus a pick?

Not really giving up on Miles yet but not confident he can turn the corner.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#612 » by Radu_Hornets » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 am

Bassman wrote:
thoughts?

Bridges is seriously a guy that we need to consider trading in combo with one of our bad contracts to get a player & pick. Yes he may develop and improve but I don’t see acceleration in his game, BBIQ or form. Combine with Batum in a deal with a team trying to get into the playoffs or just inside them who could use the “creative genius” of Nic, returning an expiring vet of need plus a pick?

Not really giving up on Miles yet but not confident he can turn the corner.

If he starts hitting threes like he did in the past two games, I'm fine !
I love the great highlights he brings to the team. We didn't have that in a long time
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#613 » by tondi123 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm

He's probably never going to be a star but I've seen enough improvement from him, especially his outside shot, to not want to get rid of him just to dump Biz or whoever. It may not be sustainable, but he's over 39% from 3 this season which is more than respectable. He's also three years younger than Devonte and, after what we've seen from him this season, I cant imagine we would dump a young improving guy who is a good teammate just to get rid of a contract when we aren't going anywhere this season anyway. Seems very short sighted.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#614 » by 316Hornets » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm cool with Miles. Not a star, but I'd roll the dice and resign him on friendly deal.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#615 » by DY_nasty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 pm

You guys keep focusing on the shooting when its everything he's NOT doing that's a bigger issue.

He has no idea what he's doing underneath the 3pt line, and that's where all of his physicality, his tools, *the things that made him an attractive draft pick* exist. He's mainly only on the boards when he's poaching from someone else, he's TERRIBLE passing the ball, he drives in a straight line like he's never even paid attention to any coach talking about driving angles, he doesn't box out... like wtf are you even out there for?

And don't even get started on his defense. He's legit worse than Monk. At least Monk will commit a dumb foul and let you know he's out there and in front of someone...
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#616 » by Braggins » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:24 pm

DY_nasty wrote:You guys keep focusing on the shooting when its everything he's NOT doing that's a bigger issue.

He has no idea what he's doing underneath the 3pt line, and that's where all of his physicality, his tools, *the things that made him an attractive draft pick* exist. He's mainly only on the boards when he's poaching from someone else, he's TERRIBLE passing the ball, he drives in a straight line like he's never even paid attention to any coach talking about driving angles, he doesn't box out... like wtf are you even out there for?

And don't even get started on his defense. He's legit worse than Monk. At least Monk will commit a dumb foul and let you know he's out there and in front of someone...

I think its too early to give up on Miles and I personally think he still has some good potential upside, but its looking more and more like they should have just kept SGA. He appears to be the better player in general and would have been a perfect fit with Kemba and now Graham.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#617 » by DY_nasty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Braggins wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:You guys keep focusing on the shooting when its everything he's NOT doing that's a bigger issue.

I think its too early to give up on Miles and I personally think he still has some good potential upside, but its looking more and more like they should have just kept SGA. He appears to be the better player in general and would have been a perfect fit with Kemba and now Graham.

I think we need to move on him now before the sunk cost fallacy ruins us yet again. We gotta start getting value on these guys before its a certified, accepted fact that they're just bad.

He's not underperforming, he's literally the worst in the league by this metric.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#618 » by Braggins » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
Braggins wrote:

I think we need to move on him now before the sunk cost fallacy ruins us yet again. We gotta start getting value on these guys before its a certified, accepted fact that they're just bad.

He's not underperforming, he's literally the worst in the league by this metric.

I don't know, its really hard to gauge these things. Hes young and still has a lot going for him and progression isn't always linear. I tend to lean towards giving players that come into the league very young plenty of time to develop before giving up on them.

I feel like the value we could get out of trading him now is pretty marginal and the potential upside of keeping him if he figures it out after a few more years is more valuable (assuming we have a good development program under Borrego). I feel similarly about Monk.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,515

Post#619 » by Bassman » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 am

Braggins wrote:

Yes I was thrilled with SGA and pissed when he was immediately dealt. Everything relative to being willing to trade Miles is dependent on the deal offered or negotiated. If not a good option then you keep him and push development, hoping he will improve. But agree, he has a lot of deficiencies that may not be fixable to a starter-level player.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#620 » by yosemiteben » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 am

I'm good with moving on from both Bridges and Monk. By the time they are decent, if ever, they'll be off their rookie contracts.

Return to Charlotte Hornets