ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: fatlever, JDR720, BigSlam, yosemiteben, Diop

Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 6,905
And1: 730
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1361 » by Rich4114 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 2:51 pm

It’s always seemed like MKG is a good fit in Sacramento. They need a wing whose primary focus is defending and rebounding.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 3,056
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1362 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:57 am

Bacon for something. I'd take a heart attack at this point. Seriously, any takers? Does the coach watch the game?
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
Posts: 1,133
And1: 272
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Location: Belgium (Europe - Earth - Milky Way Galaxy)
Contact:
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1363 » by Radu_Hornets » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:53 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Bacon for something. I'd take a heart attack at this point. Seriously, any takers? Does the coach watch the game?


i think he was inserted in the Starting Line up a bit too early ... He's not ready. I was ready to post something like "yeah we should trade him".

But I got this vision, just before posting, that he'll figure it out.

Bacon will explode some day.

Spoiler:
Might not be with us).
Image
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 3,056
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1364 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:43 pm

Radu_Hornets wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Bacon for something. I'd take a heart attack at this point. Seriously, any takers? Does the coach watch the game?


i think he was inserted in the Starting Line up a bit too early ... He's not ready. I was ready to post something like "yeah we should trade him".

But I got this vision, just before posting, that he'll figure it out.

Bacon will explode some day.

Spoiler:
Might not be with us).


He will explode like diarrhea. It's not what you want.
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 3,056
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1365 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:13 pm

Hornets

Bobby Portis
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks

Terry Rozier

New lineup

Graham
Monk
Miles
PJ
Portis
It has been written...

Image
LurkCobain
Ballboy
Posts: 43
And1: 30
Joined: Mar 06, 2015
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1366 » by LurkCobain » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:06 am

Monk to OKC for Nerlens Noel. If Borrego can make Biz look serviceable, he may be able to make Noel a serviceable starter. We need rim protection. Cody isn't the answer anymore.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1367 » by LofJ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:49 pm

Zeller for Kanter, Theis, and Milwaukee's 2020 1st.

We cut Theis and tell defense to go to hell by starting Kanter :evil:
Image
Foice
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 16, 2015
Location: Curitiba/Brasil
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1368 » by Foice » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:31 pm

Sorry, i don't know much about NBA rules, i just like the game. So, somebody could explain to me if there is any rule prohibiting a franchise to hire a international player without a draft pass
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,389
And1: 2,501
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1369 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 am

Foice wrote:Sorry, i don't know much about NBA rules, i just like the game. So, somebody could explain to me if there is any rule prohibiting a franchise to hire a international player without a draft pass
Really depends on the player. There are exceptions, but generally if the player is at least 22 and his rights aren't already held by an NBA team than he is effectively a free agent in the NBA. Younger players still have to go through the draft (they'll automatically be entered their age 22 season) unless they declared early.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2020: CHA 1, CLE 2 (SGA), BOS 2 (top 53 protected, Kemba :cry: )
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (SGA)
2022: CHA 1; CHA 2
2023: CHA 1
Foice
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 16, 2015
Location: Curitiba/Brasil
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1370 » by Foice » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:
Foice wrote:Sorry, i don't know much about NBA rules, i just like the game. So, somebody could explain to me if there is any rule prohibiting a franchise to hire a international player without a draft pass
Really depends on the player. There are exceptions, but generally if the player is at least 22 and his rights aren't already held by an NBA team than he is effectively a free agent in the NBA. Younger players still have to go through the draft (they'll automatically be entered their age 22 season) unless they declared early.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Thanks! NBA rules is VERY confusing to me. Soccer (here in Brasil, sports is pretty much just soccer) is SO much simple!
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 3,056
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1371 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Hernangomez + Cavs pick for WCS

Graham
Monk
Miles
PJ
WCS

Rozier
Bacon
Martin
Marvin
Zeller
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,597
And1: 1,500
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1372 » by Snidely FC » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Bacon to BKN for Rodions Kurucs

with offseason roster additions Kurucs seems to have fallen out of the rotation in BKN

would be an exchange of guys picked #40
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,389
And1: 2,501
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1373 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:16 am

Apparently on his podcast, Zach Lowe floated the idea of a Wiggins trade for PJ/2 1sts/matching salary. Why

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2020: CHA 1, CLE 2 (SGA), BOS 2 (top 53 protected, Kemba :cry: )
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (SGA)
2022: CHA 1; CHA 2
2023: CHA 1
User avatar
316Hornets
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,178
And1: 2,132
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1374 » by 316Hornets » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:Apparently on his podcast, Zach Lowe floated the idea of a Wiggins trade for PJ/2 1sts/matching salary. Why

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Wiggins has had a great start to the year. I'd consider the trade if we had more 3 point shooters, but don't like the idea of Bacon, Rozier, and Wiggins all clogging the middle of the lane.
User avatar
-Ian-
Veteran
Posts: 2,784
And1: 577
Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Philippines
Contact:
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1375 » by -Ian- » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:38 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:Apparently on his podcast, Zach Lowe floated the idea of a Wiggins trade for PJ/2 1sts/matching salary. Why

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We know Zach Lowe is the only member of mainstream media who consistently pay attention to this franchise, but after this BS trade iea, I now believe that he's hate-watching us. We know that he doesn't like MJ because he keeps harping on MJ turning down multiple draft picks for #9 in 2015 draft, and now he's spouting this bull. It's like he doesn't want the Hornets to actually improve and get out of mediocrity. **** that guy.
User avatar
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
Posts: 1,133
And1: 272
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Location: Belgium (Europe - Earth - Milky Way Galaxy)
Contact:
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1376 » by Radu_Hornets » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:20 am

I’d be sooooo pissed if we trade pj. I like him, I like his confidence. You don’t find this very often in the nba. Confidence but not stupid confidence.

You know, like there is Kawhi confidence and Lance Stephenson confidence.

Pj is on the Kawhi side of confidence.

If you FO is reading this thread, don’t trade pj.
Image
User avatar
vexco
Senior
Posts: 643
And1: 47
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: south...hell...
Contact:

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1377 » by vexco » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 pm

If Wiggins continues playing like he is, I'd love to have him.
mapquest me
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 33,854
And1: 9,646
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1378 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Trading wiggins for pj straight up makes me laugh. Adding 2 first just makes me think Lowe is a **** idiot.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1379 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:19 pm

I've seen people call 3J Washington baby Horford because of how smart he is. I would be pissed if he's traded, you don't trade guys like him.
Image
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 3,056
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1380 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Devonté + Wiggins is a strong backcourt. But Monk is starter material and Wiggins would be blocking him or Miles. I wouldn't dream of trading PJ for Wiggins but I could live with Rozier + a first rounder + filler.
It has been written...

Image

Return to Charlotte Hornets