ImageImage

2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,296
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#1 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Just a thread for random stuff going on with the rest of the NBA

I'll start with this ... Denver goes Tall Ball.

Read on Twitter
Hope is free.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,301
And1: 12,239
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#2 » by Diop » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:26 am

2 x Bol could end up a complete bust and I will still be annoyed we didn’t try to buy a 2nd round pick to get him.

Low risk and biz would’ve been a good mentor
Image
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 10,121
And1: 4,506
Joined: Jan 05, 2014

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#3 » by Braggins » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:06 am

Nikola Jokic - Guard

lol love it
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,297
And1: 371
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#4 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 pm

I did not want Bol Bol at all because I thought he would be a bust. But I think I could be wrong about my prediction. The reason why I thought he would be a bust is not because of lack of talent, but because of his size and injury and not being able to play 82 games a season. The reason why I think I could be wrong is due to the current NBA (which has been trimmed down game wise significantly) I think he might be able to play since he might only be called to do so for maybe 20 games or so instead of a full season. Lowers his chances of injury.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,297
And1: 371
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#5 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:42 pm

By us not getting an invite to the bubble I am beginning to question even more as to what many already have for so many years in, is the NBA rigged when they do their draft lottery selections which are of course "UNSEEN". We should be there playing...
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,301
And1: 12,239
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#6 » by Diop » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:53 am

UNCNYC wrote:I did not want Bol Bol at all because I thought he would be a bust. But I think I could be wrong about my prediction. The reason why I thought he would be a bust is not because of lack of talent, but because of his size and injury and not being able to play 82 games a season. The reason why I think I could be wrong is due to the current NBA (which has been trimmed down game wise significantly) I think he might be able to play since he might only be called to do so for maybe 20 games or so instead of a full season. Lowers his chances of injury.

You probably will be right, but the cost would be minimal, what’s the risk?
Image
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,297
And1: 371
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#7 » by UNCNYC » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 am

Diop wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:I did not want Bol Bol at all because I thought he would be a bust. But I think I could be wrong about my prediction. The reason why I thought he would be a bust is not because of lack of talent, but because of his size and injury and not being able to play 82 games a season. The reason why I think I could be wrong is due to the current NBA (which has been trimmed down game wise significantly) I think he might be able to play since he might only be called to do so for maybe 20 games or so instead of a full season. Lowers his chances of injury.

You probably will be right, but the cost would be minimal, what’s the risk?


I agree if he would have been there for our 2nd pick. For our 1st I would not have taken the chance... I think for a team like Denver it's all reward given he can spend his career backing up Jokic.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,297
And1: 371
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#8 » by UNCNYC » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 pm

It really sucks not having our HORNETS play in the bubble. It would be super fun to watch them play at like 5 pm. I wish we were watching all our young kats right now
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,296
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#9 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Yeah, I would be 1000% more invested if the Hornets were there ... or even a mixed squad of non-playoff team guys that included some young prospects.
Hope is free.
User avatar
316Hornets
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,477
And1: 2,308
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#10 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:27 am

Chances are the 8 games before the playoffs are going to be pretty ugly scrimmage type games. I don't think it's a big deal we are missing out on those. Hopefully our guys are using this time to work on their games, they could even watch the NBA games as a way to study for next season.

I still have my doubts that the coronavirus won't spread like wildfire at some point. Lou Williams has already been pictured at a strip club after getting out for of the bubble for personal reasons.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,301
And1: 12,239
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#11 » by Diop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 am

I wish we could scrimmage, I want to throw out monk with the twins to see if they could carry the backup crew
Image
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,667
And1: 7,385
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#12 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 pm

Honestly COVID has seriously zapped my sports interest because I don't believe it'll seriously come back anytime soon. I still don't believe the Panthers are going to happen.
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,139
And1: 10,016
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#13 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:36 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Honestly COVID has seriously zapped my sports interest because I don't believe it'll seriously come back anytime soon. I still don't believe the Panthers are going to happen.


Agreed. Ill still watch, but there is no way the MLB will finish their season. The NBA has a chance.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,301
And1: 12,239
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#14 » by Diop » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:17 am

i forgot about MKG, so has Dallas
Image
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,101
And1: 6,797
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#15 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:53 pm

Diop wrote:i forgot about MKG, so has Dallas

he apparently had a personal matter and came to the bubble late.

Also he is not in game shape: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/mavericks-michael-kidd-gilchrist-not-available-for-opener/
formerly BizGilwalker
Hornet Mania
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,502
And1: 3,764
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
Location: Dornbirn, Austria
     

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#16 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:17 pm

MKG's heart just isn't in it anymore, unfortunately. I'm not sure what happened, but he decisively shifted from a guy who gives a ton of effort in games and in practice to a guy whose mind is just elsewhere. I hope he finds peace eventually, he should be set for life whether he keeps playing or not.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,296
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#17 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:24 pm

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-restart-in-season-relegation-post-all-star-playoff-teams/

Not technically bubble news, but an idea for future seeding based on it. I like this and would be all for this kind of change. The biggest issue I suspect would be television related.
Hope is free.
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,139
And1: 10,016
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#18 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:29 am

Were getting screwed on this entire ordeal. We should be able to at the bare minimum conduct team practices. Its ****
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,301
And1: 12,239
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#19 » by Diop » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:09 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,139
And1: 10,016
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 2020 Orlando Basketball Stuff 

Post#20 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:18 am

Diop wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Why cant the nba get a bubble together for these teams and let them scrimmage and practice for 3 weeks or so? This is a travesty for developing teams.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets