ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte v. Denver 1-14-08

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Did Shaq make more money in LA or Orlando?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:41 am

Yes
83%
No
17%
No, he made his money in College. Everyone knows that.
No votes
No, he made his money in College. Everyone knows that.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#101 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:37 am

Amazing how SV finally goes to the big lineup and we hold them to only 17 in the 4th. Probably tell the media we won because of his "great" in game adjustment. Idiot.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#102 » by spectre_ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:37 am

I'm ecstatic we pulled this one off, esp. for Crash! He worked his butt off this game and deserves the win!!!!!

Finally, one goes our way!!!
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
gswwhoops!
Senior
And1: 0

Post#103 » by gswwhoops! » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 am

Nice win Cats. This is the scrappy team I've been waiting to see. :clap:
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#104 » by spectre_ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 am

Bowens wrote:Amazing how SV finally goes to the big lineup and we hold them to only 17 in the 4th. Probably tell the media we won because of his "great" in game adjustment. Idiot.

No doubt...makes you wonder how this game would have looked if we'd went with a sensible lineup for most of the game.

But we won anyway!!!

We've really been playing great offensively during the last 5 games. Tonight we shot 48%.

Awesome!!! We're standing up to these playoff teams nicely!
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
TheBobcatDan
Junior

Post#105 » by TheBobcatDan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:41 am

WE ROCK!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#106 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:51 am

Ballings7 wrote:Interesting game and match-ups... I picked us to win so will stay with that.

edit: mainly because I think we'll play more defense than Denver will

And so it went - great win! Fun game, too. Got a little worried there with the JR Smith three, and Melo offensive rebound, but things played out just right.

Good defense on the last possession, too. Didn't let them get a decent look.

Gerald was just tremendous tonight, really doing it all. Obviously one of his top career games. I still don't get how G-Wall is not a more skilled player than Shawn Marion :). Phoenix fans obviously don't pay attention enough to Gerald, or remember what he's done in the last couple years, and is able to do as a basketball player.

Emeka, Nazr, Carroll, and J-Rich (getting going in the 2nd half, rather than not much at all) supported really well. Especially nice to see Emeka have another strong game, and in that, being against another above-average team with a solid big men group. He had a pretty strong two-way game.

And, like was wanted and expected after this group of games of late, this team didn't let down after two tough losses to Cleveland and Detroit. That just caps off this victory for me, and shows progress. Got to keep it going enough, though.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#107 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:16 am

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And so it went - great win! Fun game, too. Got a little worried there with the JR Smith three, and Melo offensive rebound, but things played out just right.

Good defense on the last possession, too. Didn't let them get a decent look.

Gerald was just tremendous tonight, really doing it all. Obviously one of his top career games. I still don't get how G-Wall is not a more skilled player than Shawn Marion :). Phoenix fans obviously don't pay attention enough to Gerald, or remember what he's done in the last couple years, and is able to do as a basketball player.

Emeka, Nazr, Carroll, and J-Rich (getting going in the 2nd half, rather than not much at all) supported really well. Especially nice to see Emeka have another strong game, and in that, being against another above-average team with a solid big men group. He had a pretty strong two-way game.

And, like was wanted and expected after this group of games of late, this team didn't let down after two tough losses to Cleveland and Detroit. That just caps off this victory for me, and shows progress. Got to keep it going enough, though.

:-?
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect

Post#108 » by DaBassSource » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:58 am

What a game....seems like you all have said everything.....except that this has to be the most dunks I have seen in a Bobcat game....we should get plenty of run on Sportscenter......

It got really loud in there during the 4th quarter.....
"Maybe I destroyed the game. But maybe, you're just making excuses.'' MJ
GoBobcats
Veteran

Post#109 » by GoBobcats » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:55 am

Congrats!
I am so proud.
I am going to Order the Denver and the Celtic Game on DVD.
It looks like we finally come around!

Return to Charlotte Hornets