ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte @ Cleveland 1-11-08

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Does anyone feel bad for New Jersey? seeing how they have to face Boston next?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:00 am

Yes
8%
No
46%
I don't care!
23%
I don't care!
23%

Total votes: 13

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#261 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:23 am

We could have really used DA out there in these OT's
B B M F 'ers
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#262 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:Because the golden rule in the NBA is to trade a big for a small...

Really? What big are we trading?
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#263 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am

We just ran outta gas. We drove 'em to 2 OTs, they deserve some credit for that.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#264 » by DaBassSource » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 am

Rich4114 wrote:We should've won this game, because we couldn't close it out we lose our PG to what looks like a pretty nasty ankle injury. If this is like Okafor's we'll see Felton again in the 08-09 season.
sad part is that he just seemed to be getting it together...now he will be set back again....
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#265 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 am

fluffernutter wrote:All the replays don't look TOO horrible. Cross our fingers. What a time to go down - right before a bunch of games, god.

We are dead in the water without Felton. I guess we will see what happens.

But he sure didn't put ANY weight on it.

*sigh*

On the Cavs feed they showed him not putting any weight on his leg. It looks bad
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#266 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 am

you know, the only guy on our team that didn't have a negative +/-, what's his name again?
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#267 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:26 am

spectre_ wrote:We just ran outta gas. We drove 'em to 2 OTs, they deserve some credit for that.

Definitely. "Good" game and it's a damn shame it had to end like that, especially with Ray going down. Just horrible as we can never catch a break
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#268 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:you know, the only guy on our team that didn't have a negative +/-, what's his name again?

You're right...he should get the 3 Hammer award!!!

Seriously, that right there shows +/- doesn't show much of anything. The loss obviously isn't his "fault", but he did play a pretty nasty game.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#269 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:35 am

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Definitely. "Good" game and it's a damn shame it had to end like that, especially with Ray going down. Just horrible as we can never catch a break

BaAd choice of words!! Lets wait for Felts x-rays to come back before we start taking about catching a break!!
B B M F 'ers
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 am

He didn't play much at all against Cleveland's most effective big on the night, Varejao. He had 9 points on 4 shots with 9 boards, 4 steals and 3 blocks. He lost a low pass in OT that he should've dunked instead, one of his 3 Tos.

NASTY GAME!
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#271 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 am

Right...everything is in the statline.

Did you notice the two times he got the ball in the paint in OT directly under the rim and instead of going straight up he did this step out spin move? Another time I think he faked and then passed it out.

He's playing tentative as hell, and that just doesn't work against bigs like Cleveland has.

Irony
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#272 » by Rich4114 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:44 am

All I know is we dodged one nightmare Felton injury earlier in the year... it's gonna be tough to dodge two. At least Vincent can play Mcinnis at the point the entire game now. We are so screwed.

As for Okafor, he's looked annoyed/pissed for weeks now. The offense we run is horrible and the rotations Vincent uses are even worse. Plus he's probably sick of losing after we expected this would be the year we start making strides towards being a winning team.... but we're still bottom 5 in the NBA.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#273 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 am

When ray got injured? You mean when he went straight up and got to the line (Where he took 8 shots, team high)

Yea, getting to the line more than anyone else, doesn't that mean he's drawing contact, or is this another stupid statline assumption??
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#274 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 am

Ok Walt...he's playing stellar ball. Obviously it's Felton's fault.

Irony
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:50 am

Uhhh... grasping for straws a little? What did I say about Felton in this entire thread besides when everyone flipped when he hit that shot?
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#276 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 am

spectre_ wrote:Ok Walt...he's playing stellar ball. Obviously it's Felton's fault.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love you spectre :love:

EDIT: you forgot the eye roll at the end of that post
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 am

"Obviously it's Felton's fault". I haven't singled out anyone, except for maybe McInnis, as the most probably reason for why we're so bad.

I think we're bad for a lot of reasons. I'm one of the two guys that created the conspiracy theory that we're tanking because we're doing so many inexplicable things, remember?
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,993

Post#278 » by W_HAMILTON » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 pm

spectre_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
You're right...he should get the 3 Hammer award!!!

Seriously, that right there shows +/- doesn't show much of anything. The loss obviously isn't his "fault", but he did play a pretty nasty game.

Ahh, I leave for a two-game hiatus ... my schedule got changed around, and they won, so me being superstitious, I said I'd stay away till they lost, and they beat Boston...and I began to think maybe the charlotte.com idiots WERE right, my criticism WAS destroying the team! But then they lost last night, so I get to come back! ... but back to the point, I leave for my two-game hiatus with people pointing out that Okafor's +/- was one of the worst in one of our previous games, and using that as an excuse for why he sucks...

...and I return to see Okafor having the only non-negative +/-, and people saying that +/- doesn't matter.

Nice to see things haven't changed! Here's some insider information, Walt: people will pick and choose what they want to use, to defend them believing what they want to believe. +/- only matters if it supports their point. It goes against their point? Who the hell cares about +/- anymore?! Granted, I don't think spectre_ was the one that brought up the +/- of the game I was talking about, but the point still remains.

Okafor's not playing well, but if you're (obviously not speaking to you Walt, but "you" in the universal sense) one of the people that think we should get rid of him, you're a dumbass, and anyone jumping to criticize him the same way they probably have jumped to criticized other players that have played well in the past but went through a slump will probably come back to bite them in the ass the same way it has with a few players already this season.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#279 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Nice to see things haven't changed! Here's some insider information, Walt: people will pick and choose what they want to use, to defend them believing what they want to believe. +/- only matters if it supports their point. It goes against their point? Who the hell cares about +/- anymore?! Granted, I don't think spectre_ was the one that brought up the +/- of the game I was talking about, but the point still remains.

Heh, people use things when it refinorces their position and disregard them when it doesn't. I didn't do that...but the point remains? Maybe, but it wasn't confirmed here.

Walt can tell you I've NEVER been one to make stats the "be all", and I doubt he was surprised with my position about +/-. No doubt I should have kept my mouth shut here as I knew his posts were in reaction to Bowens, but my position about stats AND the disappointing results from last night drew me out...unfortunately.

Mek had the best +/- of the team...does that mean he had the best game? Anyone who watched last night would know that obviously it doesn't.

Draw your claws back dude...I'm one of the guys who supports your boy. Regardless of my position on any player, that's not going to change my perceptions of a game. Besides, players always go into slumps and don't always play their best...least nobody's started calling him "big bastard" yet.

Irony
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,993

Post#280 » by W_HAMILTON » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:34 pm

If he was this bad his entire career, and not just a month, you'd have my blessing to call him "big bastard." :)
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.

Return to Charlotte Hornets