People don't talk enough about how awful the Hornets are

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,552

Re: People don't talk enough about how awful the Hornets are 

Post#41 » by LofJ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 am

KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:I'm not upset about losing Kemba, I'm upset that the team lost him for nothing. Why did MJ think that was better than trading him at any point in the last two years?

I'd rather have Terry Rozier than Collin Sexton

For 3 years at $18 million annually versus potentially 7 years for less than that with Sexton?
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#42 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:08 am

LofJ wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:I'm not upset about losing Kemba, I'm upset that the team lost him for nothing. Why did MJ think that was better than trading him at any point in the last two years?

For 3 years at $18 million annually versus potentially 7 years for less than that with Sexton?

Sure, why would I want to watch 7 years of Collin Sexton. Sounds like a nightmare

edit: I should also clarify that Sexton was like, the best case scenario return that wasn't even on the table once LeBron decided Kemba wasn't enticing enough to stay in Cleveland. No other team was going to offer anything notable for a Kemba rental. Rozier is about as decent a return as I would expect tbh
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,119

Post#43 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 am

I think Sexton will end up a very good player.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#44 » by LofJ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 am

KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

Sure, why would I want to watch 7 years of Collin Sexton. Sounds like a nightmare

He's a much, much better shooter than Kemba and Terry were at their respective ages. So this comment might not age well.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#45 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 am

see my edit
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#46 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 am

LofJ wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:

He's a much, much better shooter than Kemba and Terry were at their respective ages. So this comment might not age well.

lol, Collin Sexton literally ranked LAST in the league of all point guards in RAPM. He is a god awful player. But it shows how box score numbers on a terrible team can skew the way people think guys are talent wise. We'll probably have some players like that this year

see link
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/position/1

Theres a lot more to being a good basketball player than 3pt%
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#47 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 am

I don't even know what the RPM win stat means but man it really backs up the Cavs veterans who said he didn't know how to play
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#48 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am

KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:Kemba was interviewed by ESPN and he said that he was "heartbroken" that the Hornets didn't make him a better offer.

The city of Charlotte and the Hornets fanbase deserve an explanation from Michael Jordan himself if he expects people to continue to support him financially.

Cause Kemba Walker isn't a max level player? What other explanation is needed...

I don't know if we're at the part where people can be objective about Kemba yet or everyone is still super emotional but am I the only one that was getting tired of Kemba being an awful closer? I got pretty tired this season of Kemba throwing away games at the end, failing to even get shots off and crying to the ref. All the close games we lost? The montages of chokes that people were posting all seaso. That was Kemba's job...more than the point scoring. I think MJ understands that more than anyone.

Is this how a 38 million a year player executes when the game is on the line? Eh..
https://streamable.com/p0acm

Again I am not saying Kemba was anything but an amazing player for us and that I appreciate everything he did and his improvements over the years but I don't necessarily disagree with the front office or Kemba that both sides need a new direction.

I've always had mixed feeling about Kemba's ability to close out games. On the one hand he had no help. On the other it was obvious that he was going to force a shot in many of those games. He was too predictable. I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out for him in Boston. I'll be interested to see if it's different for him there or not. Wish him well either way though. He did a lot for this team.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#49 » by Joest2003 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Ya they do. Especially since they let Kemba walk for nothing on top of countless other moves. How do you let Biyombo go then trade back for him years later when hes making 17M a year? Let Lamb go and sign with the Pacers for 10m then sign Rozier for 20+? Other than drafting Kemba and trading for Lamb I cant think of 1 single good move this franchise has made in the 8 years I have watched. This franchise is a joke the mods on this page are even worse and I'm glad I wont ever have to be put through the torture of watching Biyombo and Batum ever again.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#50 » by BigSlam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Joest2003 wrote:Ya they do. Especially since they let Kemba walk for nothing on top of countless other moves. How do you let Biyombo go then trade back for him years later when hes making 17M a year? Let Lamb go and sign with the Pacers for 10m then sign Rozier for 20+? Other than drafting Kemba and trading for Lamb I cant think of 1 single good move this franchise has made in the 8 years I have watched. This franchise is a joke the mods on this page are even worse and I'm glad I wont ever have to be put through the torture of watching Biyombo and Batum ever again.

We can help you be even more glad by not having to be put through the torture of having to post on this site ever again as well if you like?
B B M F 'ers
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#51 » by UNCNYC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm

I think I could be a good GM if they gave me a chance. But then again I could suck. But then again I could be ok.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#52 » by UNCNYC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Overall I think we are horrible but I would rather Jordan as an owner than %75 of other owners. One thing about Jordan is he TRIES to make our team better. He doesn't "tank" which is HORRIBLE to go through as a fan and he does attempt to get better by hiring new coaches and GM's. Many franchises make zero moves at all. I would much rather Jordan here than Dolan.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#53 » by Joest2003 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:20 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Ya they do. Especially since they let Kemba walk for nothing on top of countless other moves. How do you let Biyombo go then trade back for him years later when hes making 17M a year? Let Lamb go and sign with the Pacers for 10m then sign Rozier for 20+? Other than drafting Kemba and trading for Lamb I cant think of 1 single good move this franchise has made in the 8 years I have watched. This franchise is a joke the mods on this page are even worse and I'm glad I wont ever have to be put through the torture of watching Biyombo and Batum ever again.

We can help you be even more glad by not having to be put through the torture of having to post on this site ever again as well if you like?

Considering you guys hand out bans for disagreeing with you I'm sure you or any other Mod I'm sure your already working on it
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#54 » by fatlever » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

Considering you guys hand out bans for disagreeing with you I'm sure you or any other Mod I'm sure your already working on it
Contrary to what you might think, We have been incredibly lenient with you over the years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#55 » by BigSlam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

Interestingly enough, the times you have been warned/banned from RGM are:

Dec 28, 2014: OKC board
Feb 19, 2015: OKC board
Feb 20, 2015: OKC board
Feb 21, 2015: OKC board
Oct 4, 2015: CHA board
Jul 1, 2016: CHA board
Dec 12, 2017: OKC board
Apr 16, 2018: CHA board
Apr 18, 2018 : CHA board
May 11, 2018: General Board
Nov 12, 2018: General Board
May 13, 2019 General Board
July 19, 2019: CHA board

That's a LOT of warnings/bans from 10 different mods from 3 different boards over 5 years.

So all those different boards and all those different mods over all those different years and just 1 common denominator....

But like I said, if you are looking for help to put you out of your misery and you are looking to be less tortured by not being able to post on RGM ever again we can help you with that.

We hate to see you suffering.
B B M F 'ers
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#56 » by Joest2003 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 pm

fatlever wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:We can help you be even more glad by not having to be put through the torture of having to post on this site ever again as well if you like?

Contrary to what you might think, We have been incredibly lenient with you over the years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

I haven't posted here in years I know other that dont anymore either because of the mods. Like I said idc what you do I dont post on here anymore. This is my farewell
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#57 » by Joest2003 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:59 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:We can help you be even more glad by not having to be put through the torture of having to post on this site ever again as well if you like?

Interestingly enough, the times you have been warned/banned from RGM are:

Dec 28, 2014: OKC board
Feb 19, 2015: OKC board
Feb 21, 2015: OKC board
Oct 4, 2015: CHA board
Jul 1, 2016: CHA board
Apr 16, 2018: CHA board
Apr 18, 2018 : CHA board
May 11, 2018: General Board
Nov 12, 2018: General Board
May 13, 2019 General Board
July 19, 2019: CHA board

That's a LOT of warnings/bans from 10 different mods from 3 different boards over 5 years.

So all those different boards and all those different mods over all those different years and just 1 common denominator....

But like I said, if you are looking for help to put you out of your misery and you are looking to be less tortured by not being able to post on RGM ever again we can help you with that.

We hate to see you suffering.

Like I said banned for disagreeing. Since you guys make hot takes like trading Kemba for Taj Gibson and a Knicks first round pick (that was a real trade suggested by a Hornet mod) we tend to disagree a lot. Hence the bans..
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#58 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:20 pm

I've honestly never had 1 issue with the mods in my 10 years here and I say this as someone who is still perma banned from the general board for going on like 5 years now thanks to tsherkin baiting
LofJ
RealGM

Post#59 » by LofJ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Mitch needs to make a trade so we can have something to talk about other than how awful things are.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,215

Post#60 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:46 pm

I’ve never had any issues with the mods either since Knight vs Felton :lol:

Return to Charlotte Hornets