Post#82 » by -Ian- » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:02 am

Can we fire BOTH Cho and Higgins?
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 18,237

Re: Fire Rod Higgins!!! 

Post#83 » by Diop » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:09 am

fatlever wrote:lets review the 1st round picks that have been made by teams employing rod higgins as a general manager or prez of bball ops

here are his first round draft picks again + monta ellis
- kwame brown (1st)
- jared jefferies (11th)
- juan dixon (17th)
- jarvis hayes (10th)
- andres biedrins (11th)
- ike diogu (9th)
- monta ellis (40th)
- patrick obryant (9th)
- jared dudley (17th)
- dj augustin (9th)
- alexis ajinca (20th)
- gerald henderson (14th)
- bismack biyombo (7th)
- kemba walker (9th)
- michael kidd-gilchrist (2nd)
- cody zeller (4th)

15 first round picks, 12 lottery pick, 0 all-stars, 1 average to above average starter (kemba - two of you count ellis who was 2nd round)

that is an UGLY list
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#84 » by thruthefire » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 am

When he signed Al, I was like "Did this dude just did this?" (in my John Starks voice)

Shame that it'll be stuck on Cho's record.
Humble yourself.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#85 » by Eoghan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 am

You guys scoffed when I voiced displeasure of Cho and had "Fire Cho" as my sig. A mild apology wouldn't hurt. :wink:
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 721

Post#86 » by vorbis » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:51 am

BrotherDave wrote:You guys scoffed when I voiced displeasure of Cho and had "Fire Cho" as my sig. I mild apology wouldn't hurt. :wink:

I would trade all but....3 Bobcats for my grandfather's dead dog, who was named Schlitz.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,708

Post#87 » by Bassman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:45 am

BrotherDave wrote:You guys scoffed when I voiced displeasure of Cho and had "Fire Cho" as my sig. A mild apology wouldn't hurt. :wink:

Dave, I was always hopeful that Cho would be the antidote to our pathetic drafting record. Unfortunately he has exhibited all the qualities of an "informed amateur". He reportedly developed some master computer program that creates magic metrics about all prospects. Unfortunately his analysis falls in love with itself, as the values are revered above more traditional evaluation methods. This process led to overvaluing Biz, thereby drafting him far too high. Despite the general analysis by some that had MKG as high as #2, everyone knew he had a broken shot. Trading down and securing a different player would have been a better option. I liked the Zeller pick (given the players to pick from) and still think he will eventually be more productive. Still, he represents another project that may never develop into a quality starter (which is what you need to get out of most high lottery picks).

Cho falls in love with players, and isn't willing to make deals for fear of "losing" his guy. His record is turning putrid.

Also, I will now acknowledge that the signing of Jefferson was a bad one. I wanted a true post player so badly I ignored his bad reputation for ole' defense. Paired with McBob, we have no hope. I also want to see Al paired with Biz, to see what that might return.

Back to Cho; MJ would do well to start searching for his replacement. I have FOREVER asked that Higgins be fired, but he;s in for life unless MJ sells or dies young.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,447

Post#88 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 am

I despised the Biyombo pick, and he hasn't justified it at all. Walker was great at 9, MKG is solid, not great at 2 and Zeller blows right now.

They are all four still very young so the jury is still out, but daaaaamn.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#89 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:04 am

Why are we talking about Cho in Higgins thread?

As much as I'm starting to dislike Jefferson I'm not mad at the signing. I'm more so mad at Clifford for not covering up Jefferson's deficiencies with Biz, Adrien, or Zeller.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,826

Post#90 » by JDR720 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,096

Post#91 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 pm

i watched these earlier and i was going to post them, but they were so vanilla and uninformative. every time i hear rod talk about hoops i get nervous about our future.

for example - he made a comment about how they were looking at stats earlier in the day and noticed mcroberts averages a lot of touches per game. i just got this image of some intern showing rod the stats.nba page for the 1st time and rod viewing the sportvu camera stats for the 1st time.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,352

Post#92 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 pm

fatlever wrote:for example - he made a comment about how they were looking at stats earlier in the day and noticed mcroberts averages a lot of touches per game. i just got this image of some intern showing rod the stats.nba page for the 1st time and rod viewing the sportvu camera stats for the 1st time.

haha, exactly.

higgins to intern - do you mean to tell me that we have these SportVU cameras installed in our arena?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#93 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:00 am

[rod gets on his phone]
rod: hey rich, get in here. fast.
[rich runs in the office with a ping pong paddle in his hand]
rich: what is it rod? did michael fire me?
rod: no, dummy, look at these stats
[rod points at a laptop being held by a college intern]
rod: they have these fancy cameras that track all kinds of stuff, for example, did you know that gerald henderson leads the league in shots from 15-18 feet? this is amazing. how do they know? did you know that kemba walker leads the league in passes? with this technology at our fingertips we will rule the league. we need to keep this information a secret and use it to our advantage. we can even look up how fast a player runs during a game.
[rich looks at the intern]
rich to intern: is he serious?
intern: i am afraid so.
[rich turns around and walks out of the office with his hands over his face]
rod to rich: wait! do you know what P E R stands for?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,826

Post#94 » by JDR720 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 am

fatlever wrote:[rod gets on his phone]
rod: hey rich, get in here. fast.
[rich runs in the office with a ping pong paddle in his hand]
rich: what is it rod? did michael fire me?
rod: no, dummy, look at these stats
[rod points at a laptop being held by a college intern]
rod: they have these fancy cameras that track all kinds of stuff, for example, did you know that gerald henderson leads the league in shots from 15-18 feet? this is amazing. how do they know? did you know that kemba walker leads the league in passes? with this technology at our fingertips we will rule the league. we need to keep this information a secret and use it to our advantage. we can even look up how fast a player runs during a game.
[rich looks at the intern]
rich to intern: is he serious?
intern: i am afraid so.
[rich turns around and walks out of the office with his hands over his face]
rod to rich: wait! do you know what P E R stands for?

BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,977

Post#95 » by BlackOutBuzz » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:51 pm

Adam Silver suggestion box: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1942 ... dam-silver

"An issue we face this season, and it seems to come up every year, is the number of back-to-back games our team plays. This year, we lead the NBA with 22 back-to-back games. I would like to see a system adopted where the number of back-to-back games is more evenly spread out amongst all the teams." —Rod Higgins, Charlotte Bobcats President of Basketball Operations

"One of David Stern's tremendous successes—and I'm sure that Adam will continue it—has been the expansion of the NBA game around the globe. It truly is an international game. The growth that the league has enjoyed overseas—whether it be TV viewers, merchandise sales, website hits—has been incredible. The number of international players in the NBA increases each year, demonstrating the league's global reach. It would be great to see the continued growth of our game and our business internationally." —Higgins

"If there were offseason minicamps, it would allow coaches to implement their game plans earlier, lessening the learning curve during training camp. ... Right now, we leave it completely on the players' shoulders, when it would be more beneficial to everyone to share in the responsibility." —Higgins

Other player/official/media comments at the link.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#96 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:11 pm

odd that higgins brings up back to backs. bonnell has been reporting all year that he bobcats lead the league in back to backs at the request of the bobcats. bonnell reported that the bobcats asked the league to give them as many friday and saturday home games as possible due to the lackluster attendance mon-thur.

perhaps it is true we asked to have as many friday and saturday home games as possible, however, that doesnt mean the league always has to give us a back to back on those days to make it happen.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 18,237

Post#97 » by Diop » Mon Feb 3, 2014 11:04 pm

fatlever wrote:odd that higgins brings up back to backs. bonnell has been reporting all year that he bobcats lead the league in back to backs at the request of the bobcats. bonnell reported that the bobcats asked the league to give them as many friday and saturday home games as possible due to the lackluster attendance mon-thur.

perhaps it is true we asked to have as many friday and saturday home games as possible, however, that doesnt mean the league always has to give us a back to back on those days to make it happen.

it would make it difficult for the scheduling though, as they have to consider all teams over 82 games.
Its bound to cause more back to backs.

the only way really ensure less back to backs is to play less games in a season.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#98 » by mrknowitall215 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 11:10 pm

Sachmo wrote:
fatlever wrote:odd that higgins brings up back to backs. bonnell has been reporting all year that he bobcats lead the league in back to backs at the request of the bobcats. bonnell reported that the bobcats asked the league to give them as many friday and saturday home games as possible due to the lackluster attendance mon-thur.

it would make it difficult for the scheduling though, as they have to consider all teams over 82 games.

the only way really ensure less back to backs is to play less games in a season.

They could ensure less back-to-backs by allowing more than 4-6 teams to play on TNT Thursdays
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#99 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 3, 2014 11:14 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:
Sachmo wrote:

They could ensure less back-to-backs by allowing more than 4-6 teams to play on TNT Thursdays

aint that the truth.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#100 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Jun 3, 2014 7:16 pm

Rod Higgins mentions in this interview that the priorities this offseason are:

* Perimeter shooting around Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker to benefit them
* Quality big to help in frontcourt
* Quality depth at backup PG with Luke Ridnour & Jannero Pargo both becoming free-agents

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/2014/0 ... v-3289967/

Return to Charlotte Hornets