Something big in the works?

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Re: Something big in the works? 

Post#41 » by BigSlam » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm

countryboi wrote:this dude james said this trade is going to happen today....I’m hearing Ajinca, Beaubois and a future 1st rounder for Ramon Sessions and the rights to Rubio....lets see how fulla BS he is

I can already tell you he is full of crap then.

Lexy can not be combined with any other players in a trade going out of Dallas for two months.
B B M F 'ers
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#42 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm

countryboi wrote:this dude james said this trade is going to happen today....I’m hearing Ajinca, Beaubois and a future 1st rounder for Ramon Sessions and the rights to Rubio....lets see how fulla BS he is

Pardon me, who is trading with the Wolves in this one and how it has impact on Bobcats? Just curious.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#43 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Doublepost, sorry.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#44 » by countryboi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:39 pm

4WhomRajaTolls wrote:

It's not even possible. Ajinca can't be trade with other players right now, right?

See thats what i am talking about shoot that BS down early...ha
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#45 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 pm

4WhomRajaTolls wrote:

It's not even possible. Ajinca can't be trade with other players right now, right?

Technically. But it still happens where the trade would be Sessions for Ajinça and a second trade of Rubio for Beaubois + 1st. So, we'll see.

Seems to be awful poor value for Rubio considering the hype.
Thaliontil
Junior
And1: 77

Post#46 » by Thaliontil » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Jaruff wrote:
doc.end wrote:I don't think it could be CP3 nor Melo they seem to want to join each other in NYK.

Join NYK in a few years or join Charlotte this year? Yes, it's crazy, but the idea of waiting a few years to play together is New York in crazy too.

If Denver fears losing Melo for nothing, I think they would bite on Wallace + Nazr + 2 first round picks for 'Melo. Hendo and/or Brown could be thrown in if necessary.

Trade Dampier to New Orleans for Paul outright. To convince NO to do this, we do a second trade with NO: Diop + Diaw for Okafor and Posey.

Forget big, that would be epic. And, it's surprisingly possible if Melo tells Denver that he doesn't plan to resign. Who thought that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh would join Miami? Exactly.

Paul / Jackson / Anthony / Thomas / Okafor

I´ve just bought a Wallace jersey but that would be amazing. :)
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#47 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

even if we somehow magically traded for paul, which i think has a 1% chance of working, i still think he is 100% committed to playing in NYC in two years.

would he hold a "decision" special to turn his back on his homestate and take his talents to the big apple?
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#48 » by Battery » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 pm

fatlever wrote:even if we somehow magically traded for paul, which i think has a 1% chance of working, i still think he is 100% committed to playing in NYC in two years.

would he hold a "decision" special to turn his back on his homestate and take his talents to the big apple?

I'd still be happy with Paul. Then in 2 years we can blow this team up.
Air-Canada
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#49 » by Air-Canada » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

don't believe this..
( in need of a V. Carter sig :( )
All-Time Greatest Raptor: Vince Carter in his PRIME
doc.end
General Manager

Post#50 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

fatlever wrote:even if we somehow magically traded for paul, which i think has a 1% chance of working, i still think he is 100% committed to playing in NYC in two years.

LeBron West is his buddy... At least heading north doesn't so cool, so there would be a hope, lol.
countryboi
Head Coach

Post#51 » by countryboi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Air-Canada wrote:don't believe this..

there is nothing to believe.....its just talk right now
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
631_Heat
Freshman

Post#52 » by 631_Heat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:06 pm

it is big!
doc.end
General Manager

Post#53 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

countryboi wrote:
Air-Canada wrote:don't believe this..

there is nothing to believe.....its just talk right now

He is from Canada, there everything is official :D
Frank Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 37

Post#54 » by Frank Lucas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

the only way I see Chris Paul being traded is if the owner sales the team and the new owner trades him. From what I've read and heard is that N.O. owner is a big time Chris Paul fan and doesn't want to trade him. Also Monty Williams wants Chris Paul on the team...So I don't see Chris Paul making a return back to his home state.......So there has to be another deal out that for a player who is now the trading block but it hasn't gotten out yet? I'm going to say Billups and Melo....
99problems
Junior

Post#55 » by 99problems » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 pm

I love Chris Paul but what good is he if he doesn't have any scorers around him? If we gave up Wallace to get him...his go to guy is Stephen Jackson? Say hello to the 7-9 spot in the East again. At the very least he needs shooters like Peja, Posey, etc. No, Carroll doesn't count. Paul is coming off injury as well.

Thats why I like Arenas...you don't give up anything to get him, he fills the PG spot (whether you think he's a PG or not), he becomes our best shooter, our best playmaker, and can matchup with guys like John Wall and Derrick Rose. I'm not too interested in a 38 win season watching SJax throw up bricks and Wallace taking a beating because he has to take things into his own hands (the scenario if we don't add a good PG or scorer in some fashion). I would be happy with him, I don't care what you guys think, LOL.

If there are other options, fine. But Damp for Arenas makes this the best Bobcat team ever
doc.end
General Manager

Post#56 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Althoug hwe don't have Cahndler anymore CP3 could throw lobs for alleyoops to pretty much everyone all court. And as for alleyooping center maybe we could get Hollins in Sessions trade with Wolves?

It is all moot of course.
countryboi
Head Coach

Post#57 » by countryboi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm

i see this has its own thread on the raptors board and it has more pages....what a crazy universe realgm is in

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1035957
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#58 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

"Chris Paul was traded today for DJ Augustin, Eric Dampier's non guaranteed contract, and Gerald Wallace. Emeka Okafor will also be returning to Charlotte along with James Posey, the New Orleans Times Picayune reports."
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#59 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm seriously thinking about pretending we got Paul for now. This is my version of SLAM's man-crush on JJ pre-ridiculous contract
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#60 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 pm

99problems wrote:Tim Duncan and Tony Parker

This was my first thought too.

I don't think that Chris Paul is realistic. Would be shocked if Melo was traded. Gil is damaged goods now & any trade for him shouldn't need Wallace.

Rubio ... IDK. Seems like a poor fit for a "win now" team.

Return to Charlotte Hornets