No
11%

Total votes: 111

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Humble Yourself - The Ben Gordon Thread 

Post#541 » by HornetJail » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 am

catch20two wrote:Gordon isn't that terrible I doubt. We never really gave him enough minutes to get a rhythm after DNP-CDing him because he wasn't a part of our future plans. It also didn't help his case that he refused to shoot 3s by instead opting to pump fake and drive into traffic a lot. But I think if Gordon get bought out and sign on with the Bulls or something he'll look like a player again just like Diaw did after we bought him out and he went to the Spurs. The same could be said about Augustin. I remember Gordon at the Bulls and I'm sure he still has that in him.

I have to disagree. He's simply a horrendous basketball player. I too remember watching him light it up with the Bulls, but he's been hot garbage for years now. He has given Steve Clifford exactly zero reasons to play him this season because he has been crap any time he's played. A 100% liability on both ends of the floor.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#542 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
I'm obviously well-aware of how far he's fallen, but it doesn't really make any sense. He's not old and hasn't had any major injuries. In Chicago he was always known as a hard worker. It's too bad he didn't work out for the Bobcats, because this is a solid team. Detroit was a horrible situation for him. I really don't think he's done, but let's see if he gets a chance to prove me right.

Gordon did work out simply because of the fact that Dumars(e) traded us a current top ten pick just to take him.

He's not only fallen off but he plays like he doesn't give a rats, just another guy who got paid and mailed it in since.

He can't even dribble the ball more than half a dozen times without it coming off his foot and defensively he makes J.R Smith look like Scottie Pippen.

The guy is cooked imo though I hope he can prove me wrong with his next team.

I know Clifford initially spoke about wanting him to return to the old BG before the season started, but that he was basically never in the rotation. I know you mentioned that it looks like he no longer cares, but have there been any whispers behind the scene about what's going on? Is it more then BG just not being part of the long-term plan and wanting to give other players a chance? I know he had the dribbling incident with Dunlap.

Aside from the Dunlap 'humble yourself' incident, BG has been a complete professional which is why my criticism is leveled at his game (and effort)

The reason he is never in the rotation is that when he's given the chance, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, doesn't pass and doesn't play defense.

Every player who has been given PT this season has earnt it on merit, BG hasn't earnt any for a reason.

Our team holds no bias towards vets and most of our (healthy) vets have played a significant role in our relative success this season.

We signed CDR from the D-League and he's ahead of BG on the depth chart, which is telling.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#543 » by JDR720 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/436678995883479040[/tweet]
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#544 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

Sik Infant wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
Gordon did work out simply because of the fact that Dumars(e) traded us a current top ten pick just to take him.

He's not only fallen off but he plays like he doesn't give a rats, just another guy who got paid and mailed it in since.

He can't even dribble the ball more than half a dozen times without it coming off his foot and defensively he makes J.R Smith look like Scottie Pippen.

The guy is cooked imo though I hope he can prove me wrong with his next team.

I know Clifford initially spoke about wanting him to return to the old BG before the season started, but that he was basically never in the rotation. I know you mentioned that it looks like he no longer cares, but have there been any whispers behind the scene about what's going on? Is it more then BG just not being part of the long-term plan and wanting to give other players a chance? I know he had the dribbling incident with Dunlap.

Aside from the Dunlap 'humble yourself' incident, BG has been a complete professional which is why my criticism is leveled at his game (and effort)

The reason he is never in the rotation is that when he's given the chance, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, doesn't pass and doesn't play defense.

Every player who has been given PT this season has earnt it on merit, BG hasn't earnt any for a reason.

Our team holds no bias towards vets and most of our (healthy) vets have played a significant role in our relative success this season.

We signed CDR from the D-League and he's ahead of BG on the depth chart, which is telling.

Thanks for the feedback. Just in case anyone is interested, I had emailed a few the Bulls beat reporters a few days ago asking if the Bulls would have interest in Gordon if he were waived and they both felt that the Bulls likely would.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#545 » by catch20two » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 am

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
catch20two wrote:Gordon isn't that terrible I doubt. We never really gave him enough minutes to get a rhythm after DNP-CDing him because he wasn't a part of our future plans. It also didn't help his case that he refused to shoot 3s by instead opting to pump fake and drive into traffic a lot. But I think if Gordon get bought out and sign on with the Bulls or something he'll look like a player again just like Diaw did after we bought him out and he went to the Spurs. The same could be said about Augustin. I remember Gordon at the Bulls and I'm sure he still has that in him.

I have to disagree. He's simply a horrendous basketball player. I too remember watching him light it up with the Bulls, but he's been hot garbage for years now. He has given Steve Clifford exactly zero reasons to play him this season because he has been crap any time he's played. A 100% liability on both ends of the floor.

I respect your opinion while humbly disagreeing too. Gordon still has something left in him. He's still a good basketball player as long as he can still shoot but it's up to him to get motivated again.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#546 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Just in case anyone is interested, I had emailed a few the Bulls beat reporters a few days ago asking if the Bulls would have interest in Gordon if he were waived and they both felt that the Bulls likely would.

Not a problem Homosapien.

Best of luck to you guys and if Gordon signs with you in the offseason it would be just our luck if he turned into old BG again.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#547 » by HornetJail » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 am

JDR720 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/436678995883479040[/tweet]

It's never too soon. His days as a Bobcat are over. I think he's already played his last game here. I give it a week before they finally waive him.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#548 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 am

catch20two wrote:I respect your opinion while humbly disagreeing too.

BG approves this post.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#549 » by catch20two » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 am

Sik Infant wrote:
catch20two wrote:I respect your opinion while humbly disagreeing too.

BG approves this post.

:lol:
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#550 » by Diop » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:07 am

Gordon making a good first impression in Orlando:

shadrock wrote:Observations so far:

- Ridnour and Ben Gordon are horrible.

Nemesis21 wrote:B Gordon airball 3 :nonono:

MrOrlando wrote:BG looking flaaaaat. Trying too hard?

majortom71 wrote:Ben Gordon is aweful, and that was not a goaltend!

thelead wrote:
JF5 wrote:Payton needs to start...

and Gordon needs to go to the bench

OrlDave wrote:Here's my issue with BG. The rest of the team is passing tryign to get the best shot and he just shoots every time he gets the ball. Sometimes he makes it, but overall he kills offensive momentum.

Neon1 wrote:I litterally LOL'D on that Ben Jordan chuck off the offendive board and pivot
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#551 » by thesneakysneak » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Gordon gonna Gord.
I like fish
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#552 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Magic fans just want to see the young guys play like tanking fans become accustomed to. They also used to bicker about Afflalo & Jameer getting playing time & taking shots all last season too
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#553 » by fatlever » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:54 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:Magic fans just want to see the young guys play like tanking fans become accustomed to. They also used to bicker about Afflalo & Jameer getting playing time & taking shots all last season too

are you trying to defend ben gordon again?
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#554 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:59 pm

fatlever wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:Magic fans just want to see the young guys play like tanking fans become accustomed to. They also used to bicker about Afflalo & Jameer getting playing time & taking shots all last season too

Of course. I'm a UConn fan and he's one of the greatest in Huskies galore to do it. I'm sure it's a bias, and I have no problem admitting it, but I'm speaking some truth in the midst of it when I state that Magic fans currently only care about seeing what the young players have and they could care less about seeing Ben Gordon jack up shot after shot whether he make them or not, and it's understandable
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#555 » by HornetJail » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:10 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:
fatlever wrote:

Of course. I'm a UConn fan and he's one of the greatest in Huskies galore to do it. I'm sure it's a bias, and I have no problem admitting it, but I'm speaking some truth in the midst of it when I state that Magic fans currently only care about seeing what the young players have and they could care less about seeing Ben Gordon jack up shot after shot whether he make them or not, and it's understandable

There's also the unwatchable nature of every game that includes Ben Gordon in uniform. In the 7 of every 8 games that Ben Gordon plays, there is nothing that he isn't absolutely horrific at. In that 1 decent game every few weeks, he's still among the worst in the league at literally everything else but shooting.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#556 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:59 am

Gordon works hard and I hate to see him struggling. I don't know what happened to him.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#557 » by LamarMatic7 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Humble yourself

Read on Twitter
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#558 » by amcoolio » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Apparently Ben Gordon just got admitted into a psych ward. Been off the rails the past few days.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/25/ben-gordon-threatening-video-hospitalized/
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#559 » by thesneakysneak » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Poor guy looks like he needs a lot of help. Hope he cleans himself up.
I like fish
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#560 » by countryboi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 pm

where did you get this old thread from? this is straight out the trash. that said I hope Ben Gorden gets himself together
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast

Return to Charlotte Hornets