ImageImage

Playoff Game #3: Heat @ Bobcats Sat April 26th 7:00PM EST

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

expo
Junior
And1: 32

Re: Playoff Game #3: Heat @ Bobcats Sat April 26th 7:00PM ES 

Post#941 » by expo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm

I think their plan was to trap Kemba and play Al 1 on 1, Al got hot and they doubled Al but still trapped Kemba...i really don't think that should work against an NBA team, but whatever.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#942 » by Snidely FC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:BTW one thing no one else has mentioned. To me at the game the real turning point felt like in the 2nd quarter when Norris Cole came in and had a purple patch against Kemba. It's like Kemba couldn't find him on the court or kept losing him or couldn't or didn't want to keep up with him. Cole made a couple baskets, including a 3, and had a wide open 3 in the second half, also. Felt like Norris Cole (!) badly outplayed Kemba.

That purple patch actually was during a stint when the Heat played both Mario Chalmers & Norris Cole in the backcourt together. Henderson was defending Cole while Kemba continued to guard Chalmers. Cole only made 3 shots for the game for 8 points (one 2-pointer and two 3-pointers). Cole's first shot was when he took Henderson to the basket in isolation, second shot was a transition 3-pointer where Henderson loss track of the fact that Cole was his defensive responsibility, and his third shot was another 3-pointer where Kemba was left to defend two Heat players when Neal didn't rotate

Follow the link for video: http://on.nba.com/1k9yYyf

Thanks for clarifying. No replays at TWC, so just felt like a Kemba problem, but yet another Hendo issue. He def had a nightmare game, with that idiot foul at the end of half 1 possibly being the final straw that allows MJ to see Hendo is not his protege, not Kobe, and may be expendable?
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#943 » by mrknowitall215 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Thanks for clarifying. No replays at TWC, so just felt like a Kemba problem, but yet another Hendo issue. He def had a nightmare game, with that idiot foul at the end of half 1 possibly being the final straw that allows MJ to see Hendo is not his protege, not Kobe, and may be expendable?

I've always thought the reason why Henderson stuck around was because Jordan seen a resemblance of himself in his style of play, but like you stated, I believe that horrid end to the 1st half by Henderson with Jordan sitting courtside may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, and that stare down dunk by LeBron didn't do him any favors to save Jordan the embarrassment. Hopefully, it's the end of the Henderson chapter in Charlotte because he's been a ill-fitted role for the past few years
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,561

Post#944 » by fatlever » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 pm

anyone want to get game 4 thread started?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#945 » by fatlever » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Coach Steve Clifford spent much of Sunday’s practice reminding the other players they have to help Jefferson and Walker overcome the Heat’s strategy.

“There are opportunities for other guys. We’ve got to take advantage of that,” Clifford said. “After the first quarter they sent a second defender to Al, and they were much more aggressive with Kemba.

“Everybody has to look (for scoring opportunities). If you see a gap, drive it.”

Clifford said instead the ball has been “sticking” – not moving from player-to-player quickly enough. Jefferson said some of that is good intent gone bad.

“My teammates try so hard to get me the ball, and I love that,” Jefferson said. “But maybe sometimes we’re trying that too much.”

Then Jefferson added, “They took away Kemba, they took away me. We still had a lot of shots we couldn’t make. We need to run on them the way they’re running on us.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/0 ... rylink=cpy
bobcatdynasty
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#946 » by bobcatdynasty » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:43 pm

heat forum is so disgusting that i had to poast something there, if u guys guesses i was attacked with things such as 7-59 then u are right
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#947 » by catch20two » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:50 pm

fatlever wrote:
Coach Steve Clifford spent much of Sunday’s practice reminding the other players they have to help Jefferson and Walker overcome the Heat’s strategy.

“There are opportunities for other guys. We’ve got to take advantage of that,” Clifford said. “After the first quarter they sent a second defender to Al, and they were much more aggressive with Kemba.

“Everybody has to look (for scoring opportunities). If you see a gap, drive it.”

Clifford said instead the ball has been “sticking” – not moving from player-to-player quickly enough. Jefferson said some of that is good intent gone bad.

“My teammates try so hard to get me the ball, and I love that,” Jefferson said. “But maybe sometimes we’re trying that too much.”

Then Jefferson added, “They took away Kemba, they took away me. We still had a lot of shots we couldn’t make. We need to run on them the way they’re running on us.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/0 ... rylink=cpy

Even Jefferson is admittting that we need to run more. It's a little to late now but hopefully that mean we can avoid a sweep.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
bobcatdynasty
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#948 » by bobcatdynasty » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:58 pm

we win 4 in a row and i will go streaking in downtown charlotte with a bobcats tattoo on my asscheek
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#949 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:48 am

still no takers for the game 4 thread? anyone?
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#950 » by catch20two » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 am

fatlever wrote:still no takers for the game 4 thread? anyone?

I'll do it. I haven't loss all of my optimism just yet
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)

Return to Charlotte Hornets