Signed By Indiana - The Jeremy Lamb Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: Rustler - The Jeremy Lamb Thread 

Post#1161 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:53 pm

euphorbus wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:We've seen Lamb as a starter before. It wasn't so great. As a 3rd or 4th option he didn't do nearly as well as he did as a 1st or 2nd option with the reserves.

Look at it this way. Between Jeremy Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, which one would you rather have shooting the ball?

That is exactly the thing. I see Lamb doing better with shot creation than with catch and shoot ... yet the starters role (previously with Batum) demanded that he catch and shoot more. Neither one is really a good fit for that. My hope is that, with Nic out, that Lamb will be able to do his thing a bit more with the starters.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#1162 » by euphorbus » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:01 pm

<the starters role (previously with Batum) demanded that he catch and shoot more.>

That is a good point. It is also something that the coaching staff should be competent to address. If they are totally inflexible, however--as sometimes seems to be the case--then Lamb will be set up to fail. Right now, he is leading the team in pre-season with 55.6% shooting. Dwight Howard is the only other Hornet to shoot at least 50%, right on the money, actually.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#1163 » by catch20two » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:10 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:We've seen Lamb as a starter before. It wasn't so great. As a 3rd or 4th option he didn't do nearly as well as he did as a 1st or 2nd option with the reserves.

I do hope that things go differently this time.

Lamb averaged 15 points on 45% shooting (33% from 3), 8 rebounds, and 3 assist in the 5 games he started last year. That’s not great but it also isn’t bad and definitely doesn’t make him a incapable starter.

More importantly than just starting games though is the fact that Lamb has averaged 21 points on 50% shooting (33% from 3), 8 rebounds, and 2 assist in the 4 games he’s had at least 30 minutes on the floor last year.

My stance on Lamb always has been if he get the minutes he’ll produce numbers. Still hasn’t failed me yet and that’s why I continue to be a advocate for him on the team.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1164 » by yosemiteben » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:30 pm

I really don't understand why we continue to neglect the reality of Nic's impact on Kemba (not to mention our PNR game). I do not feel good about having a backcourt with two ISO heavy guys and MKG. I am much more interested in Lamb bumping MKG than Nic. Guess time will tell though, we'll certainly have a lot of data on Lamb over the next two months.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#1165 » by Bassman » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:48 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I really don't understand why we continue to neglect the reality of Nic's impact on Kemba (not to mention our PNR game). I do not feel good about having a backcourt with two ISO heavy guys and MKG. I am much more interested in Lamb bumping MKG than Nic. Guess time will tell though, we'll certainly have a lot of data on Lamb over the next two months.

I liked the concept of moving MKG to the bench, swing Nic to the 3 and use whomever was best/hot at the 2 between Lamb or Monk. Injury ruined that idea but hope we revisit it when Batum is healthy.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1166 » by catch20two » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:43 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I really don't understand why we continue to neglect the reality of Nic's impact on Kemba (not to mention our PNR game). I do not feel good about having a backcourt with two ISO heavy guys and MKG. I am much more interested in Lamb bumping MKG than Nic. Guess time will tell though, we'll certainly have a lot of data on Lamb over the next two months.

I’m not neglecting Batum’s impact. Batum is proven. I’d be more confident in positive results with Batum being healthy and starting than Lamb getting his chance with Batum down.

I’m just shooting down any notions that Lamb can’t be a productive player. Far too often do I read comments on this thread from people tryna say that Lamb isn’t even worthy of a rotational spot on a roster when he’s been every bit of productive in limited and extended minutes than any other backup wing in the NBA over the past 2 years.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: Rustler - The Jeremy Lamb Thread 

Post#1167 » by yosemiteben » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:53 pm

catch20two wrote:Far too often do I read comments on this thread from people tryna say that Lamb isn’t even worthy of a rotational spot on a roster...

No one has said that on here in the last 18 months.
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#1168 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:59 pm

Disagree on the data. We all know Lamb will be nursing an injury in a week or two. :banghead:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1169 » by yosemiteben » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 am

I actually had the same thought and almost posted for anti-jinx purposes.
catch20two
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Rustler - The Jeremy Lamb Thread 

Post#1170 » by catch20two » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:31 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:Far too often do I read comments on this thread from people tryna say that Lamb isn’t even worthy of a rotational spot on a roster...

Ha. He’s been the primary asset of trade discussions the past two offseasons whenever posters made trade proposals for bench depth. Most people wanted to keep Marco and trade Lamb.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rustler - The Jeremy Lamb Thread 

Post#1171 » by yosemiteben » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 am

catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

Ha. He’s been the primary asset of trade discussions the past two offseasons whenever posters made trade proposals for bench depth. Most people wanted to keep Marco and trade Lamb.
Ok. Where's the part about Lamb not being rotation worthy?
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#1172 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 am

LOL, could I have nailed that ANY harder? I post that and like 30 minutes later he's injured already
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1173 » by catch20two » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:No one has said that on here in the last 18 months.

Convenient amnesia but I might have the time to look for it over the past 18 months. :wink:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1174 » by yosemiteben » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 am

catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:Ha. He’s been the primary asset of trade discussions the past two offseasons whenever posters made trade proposals for bench depth. Most people wanted to keep Marco and trade Lamb.

Convenient amnesia but I might have the time to look for it over the past 18 months. :wink:

Do it. You will not find anyone that said he doesn't deserve a roster spot. Big difference between a trade for fit and cutting him because he's not worth a spot.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1175 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 am

He was included in a million and one trades, not because he was bad, but because he was the best tradeable asset the team had for a while. Young, good, getting better, but backing up two guys who seemed like a lock to start before him for several years.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#1176 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:23 am

what the heck is going on here anyway? Lamb sucks, how many games is gonna take clifford to figure this out? He is literally destroying us offensively... is Cliff just trying to prove a point or something? We have Monk and Graham both of whom fit well on the starting unit... Lamb is an iso bench scorer and NOTHING more
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1177 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:37 am

HoopsMalone wrote:what the heck is going on here anyway? Lamb sucks, how many games is gonna take clifford to figure this out? He is literally destroying us offensively... is Cliff just trying to prove a point or something? We have Monk and Graham both of whom fit well on the starting unit... Lamb is an iso bench scorer and NOTHING more

Are you seriously implying a 19 year old Monk who has been horrific so far is better than Lamb who has been with the Hornets for awhile now? I'll give you Graham but even that is iffy considering there are no ball handlers on the starting unit besides Kemba.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1178 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 am

Not even Fultz is starting and he was drafted #1 overall...
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#1179 » by Joest2003 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:what the heck is going on here anyway? Lamb sucks, how many games is gonna take clifford to figure this out? He is literally destroying us offensively... is Cliff just trying to prove a point or something? We have Monk and Graham both of whom fit well on the starting unit... Lamb is an iso bench scorer and NOTHING more

Monk is shooting 18% and has a -7 PER. Be gone troll.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#1180 » by MPM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Monk doesn't need to be starting, but at least he knows how to move the ball (I also don't think any of us expect that 18% to hold - guy has to break out soon).

However, no reason Graham shouldn't be starting over Lamb at this point. 2nd unit could use Lamb's ball-sticking iso offense and 1st unit could use Graham's smarts, movement, D, and 3.

This isn't an attack on Lamb - I like Lamb (a bit) - just think he's a really poor fit for a 1st unit struggling with ball movement as they adapt to D12.

Return to Charlotte Hornets