Leap Year - The Kemba Walker Thread III

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Re: Leap Year - The Kemba Walker Thread III 

Post#1821 » by Benjamin Linus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:28 pm

catch20two wrote:
Benjamin Linus wrote:You guys are higher on Ntilikina than I am. I need to see more from him offensively. I mean, Rubio is a great defender, but no good team would want him as their starter.

I’m not high on Ntilikina at all but I think he’ll be as good if not better than Elfrid Payton and it’s a starter kit towards life without Kemba. Ntilikina also has enough size to allow Monk to start alongside him.

NYK would have to add a lot more. Kemba's trade value should be really high considering he's locked into one of the league's best contracts for the next 1.5 years, is in the prime of his career and has no injury concerns. I'd want a lot more than an Elfrid Payton type and a mid-first rounder.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#1822 » by Diop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 am

Benjamin Linus wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Benjamin Linus wrote:You guys are higher on Ntilikina than I am. I need to see more from him offensively. I mean, Rubio is a great defender, but no good team would want him as their starter.

I’m not high on Ntilikina at all but I think he’ll be as good if not better than Elfrid Payton and it’s a starter kit towards life without Kemba. Ntilikina also has enough size to allow Monk to start alongside him.

NYK would have to add a lot more. Kemba's trade value should be really high considering he's locked into one of the league's best contracts for the next 1.5 years, is in the prime of his career and has no injury concerns. I'd want a lot more than an Elfrid Payton type and a mid-first rounder.

so would we all, its finding teams willing to give up a lot of value for Kemba is the issue. it's not a knock on Kemba, teams are always careful of overpaying. New York have that expectation of always needing to compete (even though they've done terribly), would probably be a good place for MJ

I personally think Frank will be a fair bit better than Payton, he's constantly improving and has already started punishing teams for sagging off him.

RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,808

Post#1823 » by RedIndian » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:30 am

Suns fan here, I come in peace.

Would you accept a return of Phoenix 2018 pick (top 3 protected), Miami 2018 pick (top 7 protected) and one of Chriss/Bender plus salary filler for Kemba?
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1824 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 am

RedIndian wrote:Suns fan here, I come in peace.

Would you accept a return of Phoenix 2018 pick (top 3 protected), Miami 2018 pick (top 7 protected) and one of Chriss/Bender plus salary filler for Kemba?

I've seen worse offers. Two picks isn't crazytown, especially if Knight is included for salary. I can't say that I would jump at that trade, but doesn't really feel like a lowball either.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,539

Post#1825 » by HornetJail » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:08 am

RedIndian wrote:Suns fan here, I come in peace.

I'd really have to make sure we're in deep **** at the deadline, but that's a substantial offer that is worth thinking about. I'd rather have someone else than Chriss or Bender though. Maybe Warren+Daniels?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#1826 » by mrknowitall215 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 am

Read on Twitter
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#1827 » by mrknowitall215 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 am

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1828 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 pm

We've talked about this before, Kemba is amazing. Some of the other guys on the roster are good ... but none of them are great. Overall this team just seems to not fit together very well. Those net rtg differences don't surprise me at all.

This team needs change in the worst way.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#1829 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Would be really interesting to see those numbers over our last four seasons. Have we trended to be more dependent on him because he's become so much more efficient?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1830 » by yosemiteben » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:20 am

I was pretty neutral on Kemba when we drafted him. Was worried about his size and lack of elite vision for a PG, but I'm pretty into intangibles and Kemba has heart. His performance in the Big East tourney really left an impression on me.

I was pretty worried when he posted a 38.5% FG and 30.4% 3PT in 2014-15. Prior to that point I was ok being patient, but that was a tough season. Incredible how he's grown since then.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#1831 » by fatlever » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:29 pm

For the record I was never anti kemba like some would suggest. There's a big difference between believing that kemba would rapidly improve his game like he has done and thinking that his ceiling might be better served as a six-man or the third best player on a playoff team. Hats off to him for improving his game to the level he has done to this point. He had a lot of rough patches those first couple of years especially with his shooting in efficiency so let's not try to rewrite history on this board and pretend that everyone here hated him and wanted him out the door it was just a matter of some of his questioning his Peak level of talent

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#1832 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:51 pm

He’s still better served as the third best player on a playoff team. Cho just never brought in enough talent in 7 years. We got half a season of Big Al and that was about it.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#1833 » by DY_nasty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 pm

hol up

sup and glad you guys still remember me. as for the revisionist history

I stopped posting because as a lot of you guys know I'm military and I got caught up with work. Since then in my free time getting back and settled I started a separate board because I got tired of Catch20two's posts, and the mods here were awful lol - I remember specifically messaging several about the atmosphere of the board at the time and since then nothing has changed. If anything, more people have left and its more of a chore to read than ever (for example, yosemite ben's butthurt over MCW being the worst player in the league not to have a chinese passport already. Its okay. We're all wrong sometimes. I remember believing in Gerald Henderson doing more than taking fadeaway jumpers for a living. It happens bro.). Lets not act like I had some bias towards anyone on the team. Kemba's improvement was out of nowhere and I couldn't be happier for him. At the same time, that contract he got before that improvement occurred was straight up questionable to anyone who wasn't a hardcore fan of his. This team loves handing out undeserved money and even though it didn't happen with Kemba, it definitely came back to bite us still.

Hope you guys had a good holiday. Even if our team sucks, we still got the best cheerleaders. 8-)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1834 » by yosemiteben » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Best of luck with that board bro.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#1835 » by DY_nasty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Best of luck with that board bro.

geez homie i can feel the hurt from here :lol: condescending as all hell :lol:

best of luck with that job
best of luck with that backup pg
best of luck with that marriage

what a welcome and genuine greeting Image i didn't know it was like that

check it out if you want, slaent.com. i never even made a big dramatic post or anything saying I quit and that everyone should come with me :roll: the site itself is a passion project among friends but the actual design and framework is something that keeps me from missing layouts from the late 90s. i'm not even mad at you guys or anything.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1836 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:36 pm

DY_nasty wrote:I started a separate board because I got tired of Catch20two's posts

8-)

They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1837 » by yosemiteben » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 pm

I mean when you do a drive by criticism of the mods and the board, wasn't really a sign to me that you were looking for some life encouragement or good wishes.

Post here or don't. Glad you have somewhere else to go that you enjoy.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1838 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 pm

2018 I’ll be taking my talents to slaent.com
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#1839 » by DY_nasty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:51 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I mean when you do a drive by criticism of the mods and the board, wasn't really a sign to me that you were looking for some life encouragement or good wishes.

Post here or don't. Glad you have somewhere else to go that you enjoy.

aint no driveby man i lost my password geez dude. there's no life encouragement or good wishes necessary laugh and be merry or don't lol even catch is on the wavelength

or just ban me straight up since you're mad that i clarified my absence in regards to someone mentioning me directly - here on a board that i joined 7 years ago and have over 4k posts on. if that's not an excuse to log back in and throw a few a darts then what is?

relax :lol: even catch can laugh

"post here or don't"

jesus :lol:
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1840 » by 316Hornets » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 am

Genuine greeting or just an excuse to plug your website? Seems like the latter to me.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs

Return to Charlotte Hornets