ImageImage

2015 NBA Mock Drafts

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Re: 2015 NBA Mock Drafts 

Post#61 » by amcoolio » Sun May 24, 2015 8:50 pm

teleblaze wrote:Go for Jerian Grant, trade Walker.

As much as I think we wouldn't miss a beat switching out Walker for Grant or Payne, I know our team would never do that.

If New York wanted to win now and trade their pick for Walker I would drive him to the airport. Same with Sacramento at 6.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#62 » by amcoolio » Sun May 24, 2015 9:52 pm

My Mock Draft
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My Mock Draft

1. Minnesota - Jahlil Okafor
Possibility of trading: 0%
They aren't trading out of this spot and they want the offense that Okafor provides. They'll address center later with a shotblocker (maybe even sign Biz!) or hope Pekovic improves, but Pekovic might be better suited for the 2nd unit

2. LA Lakers - Karl-Anthony Towns
Possibility of trading: 30%
I actually think there's a decent chance the Lakers trade this pick. I could see a team like Denver at 7 packaging the 7 (Lakers take WCS), Lawson, Faried for 2 (Towns), Nick Young, Davis, and Kelly. Then they still have money to make a run at Kevin Love, convince DeMarre Carroll...hope that Kobe stays healthy for his final year and compete for the playoffs with Lawson/Kobe/Carroll/Faried/Love with random vets, Clarkson, Randle and WCS off the bench

3. Philadelphia - D'Angelo Russell
This could change over the next month but Russell is a great fit and they are keeping this pick.

4. New York - Emmanuel Mudiay
Possibility of trading: 75%
I'll be shocked if they keep this pick. If the Lakers keep 2 then New York will definitely accept a Lawson/Faried/Chandler for 4/Calderon trade. New York is atrocious and needs everything and won't get much of anything in FA. If they stand pat and take Mudiay, they'll have the best odds for next year's NBA draft lottery. They could take WCS here, but they need to be taking BPA if they are keeping the pick. They are BAD!

5. Orlando - Mario Hezonja
Possibility of trading: 5%
Heartbreaker for Pistons and Hornets fans as Orlando picks an alphadog offensive wing to go with their long, athletic, defensive oriented players. I don't see how they can pull a Hornets and just keep drafting poor shooting players.

6. Sacramento Kings - Kristaps Porzingis
Possibility of trading: 40%
I think the Kings trade this pick for win now help. This lottery is weird because there are quite a few teams reiterating that they want to be in the playoffs next year. But if they stay Vivek will make the wrong move and pick the international project. I'm not hating on Lamar's cousin but Porzingis' thin frame, weak strength, and tendency to shy away from contact makes him a big risk for an NBA team expecting him to contribute in the next few years. Divac, Vivek, and Sacramento will draft and stash Porzingis on the bench and hope to fix their issues by trades and free agency.

7. Denver Nuggets - Willie Cauley-Stein
Denver will more than likely have to completely start over and RealGM reported they will build around Gallinari and Nurkic. They should take BPA and Winslow could go here, but in the end I just don't know how many teams can pass up WCS's length, defensive ability, and natural feel for the game.

8. Detroit Pistons - Stanley Johnson
Detroit falls in love with Johnson during the entire draft process and takes him anyway even though Winslow is on the board. Detroit needs help defensively and they need a glue guy they can plug in at SF and start immediately.... Johnson is technically sound and will able to be their lock down defender.

9. Charlotte Hornets - Justise Winslow
Possibility of trading: 10%
In a repeat of last year Cho takes the sliding player even though I don't think Winslow is a great fit at SG. While the value is good it doesn't solve our totally broken offensive system and we will need to address this in free agency/trades otherwise we will be in this same spot next NBA draft.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,701

Post#63 » by yosemiteben » Sun May 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Us managing to land Winslow in this draft would be a miracle. That would be a major injection of talent on both ends.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,369

Post#64 » by JDR720 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:08 pm

45 pick guess draft

1-Wolves, Okafor in their mind he is BPA and he fits their defensive core
2-Lakers, Towns they get their rim protecting center to pair with Randle
3-76ers, Russell they get their PG that can shoot
4-Knicks, WCS they get their new Tyson Chandler
5-Magic, Kristaps get a stretch 4 to pair with Vuc that has some defensive potential
6-Kings, Mudiay they finally get their PG of the future
7-Denver, Hezonja gets their SG who is also friends with Nurkic
8-Pistons, Winslow they have a big need at SF
9-Hornets, Johnson get our future SG fits in well with the core with his versatility
10-Heat, Booker gets their SG of the future and he can still help them win now
11-Pacers, Turner they dont want Hibbert he is their young replacement
12-Jazz, Kaminsky they need a 3rd big and he can stretch the floor.
13-Suns, Oubre gets them a long SG?SF and he fits well in an uptempo offense
14-OKC, Dekker win now player with lots of versatility
15-Hawks, Lyles they get a PF incase Milsap leaves
16-Boston, Bobby Portis bolster their frontline with a versatile PF
17-Bucks, Montrezl Harrell the Bucks could use his interior defense
18-Rockets, Cameron Payne a young PG that can add an extra dimension to the bench
19-Wizards, Kevon Looney developmental PF that can learn behind Nene and Gortat
20-Raptors, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, they need a true SF and some defense
21-Mavs, Tyus Jones they get their future PG
22-Bulls, Jerian Grant they get a PG that can either start or play with D-Rose
23- Blazers, Justin Anderson, possible replacement for Wes Matthews on the wing
24- Cavs, RJ Hunter, 3pt shooter for LeBron to pass to
25-Grizzlies, Rashad Vaughn the Grizz get some outside shooting
26-Spurs, Aleksandar Vezenkov they love their international players and 3pt shooting
27-Lakers, Delon Wright big defensive combo guard
28-Boston, Robert Upshaw take a chance on a big shot blocker
29- Nets, Chris McCullough young versatile PF with upside
30- Warriors, Jarell Martin another 6-9 combo forward going to the bay

31-Wolves, Jordan Micky shot blocker beside Okafor
32-Houston, Rakeem Christmas big bruising backup center
33-Boston, Nikola Milutinov, draft and stash bigman
34-Lakers, Mouhammadou Jaiteh draft and stash center
35-76ers,J.P. Tokoto, good defensive SG/SF
36-Wolves, Michael Frazier 3pt ace
37-76ers, Cliff Alexander powerful shot blocking PF
38- Pistons, Richaun Holmes shot blocking PF with some shooting touch
39-Charlotte, Dakari Johnson backup center with a good motor
40-Heat, Jonathan Holmes expierenced combo forward
41- Nets, Terry Rozier athletic scoring PG
42-Jazz. Michael Qualls athletic wing defender
43-Pacers, George De Paula draft and stash PG
44-Suns, Guillermo Hernangomez get some much needed size up front
45-Boston, Timothe Luwawu draft and stash SG with upside
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#65 » by driveandkick » Mon May 25, 2015 1:35 am

BizGilwalker wrote:
driveandkick wrote:1. Minnesota: Karl-Anthony Towns
Highest upside, great fit in Minnesota. The PF position has completely evolved and he has all the tools to the be an ideal PF who can also play C. So much potential as a two-way player.

2. Los Angeles Lakers: Jahlil Okafor
I think they should and I hope they do take Russell, but they ain't passin up on Jah'. Not sure how he fits with Randle, but I doubt they're worried about that right now.

3. Philadelphia 76ers: D'Angelo Russell
BPA for sure and it's time Philly adds a guard to their young stable. Easy pick here.

4. New York Knicks: Frank Kaminsky
This is my complete WTF pick. I'm seeing a lot of you predicting WCS here and that makes sense... I just... I just don't know man. It definitely seems like Phil wants a big man, he won championships with some average-at-best PG's. Frank is the ideal guy to run that triangle offense. Great passer and one of the best shooters in the entire draft, such a smart player. I feel like they'll try to trade down and take him that way.

5. Orlando Magic: Justise Winslow
Such an Orlando pick. They love those athletic, defensive studs (Oladipo, Gordon, Payton). WInslow is exactly that, this team could be scary if they find some offense.

6. Sacramento Kings: Emmanuel Mudiay
Dream-scenario for Sacramento. Mudiay playing the P&R with Boogie is gonna be scary. Such a great fit for both sides.

7. Denver Nuggets: Mario Hezonja
Wanted to be a homer and have him fall to Charlotte but I just can't see it happening. He's too talented and Denver needs help on the wing. Arguably BPA here.

8. Detroit Pistons: Kristaps Porzingis
Dream pick for Detroit, I do believe. They plan to let Greg Monroe walk it seems, so if Porzingis falls to 8 I doubt they'll hesitate to turn that card in. With his shooting ability he'll be a great fit alongside Andre Drummond.

9. Charlotte Hornets: Stanley Johnson
The Hornets have some good options here. I bet WCS would definitely be enticing but they really need help on the wing, I don't know if they can afford to take another play that's so limited on offense. Stanley Johnson is probably BPA and he's shown to be a decent three point shooter. My biggest concern is that his jumper is gonna get blocked a lot, especially when trying to create his own shot. He has some PP in his game though. Gonna be a stud defender regardless. Other options: Devin Booker, R.J. Hunter, Kelly Oubre, WCS, Cam Payne, Sam Dekker, Myles Turner (God, please no).

10. Miami Heat: Kelly Oubre
The Heat had a lot of injuries last year and find themselves in the lottery. Oubre is a complete boom-or-bust pick but with Johnson off the board I'm not sure there's anyone here who can make an immediate impact. So that means they can take a gamble on a guy like this. I definitely feel like he needs to be brought along slowly, but he offers a lot.

11. Indiana Pacers: WCS
Feel like this would be an easy pick for the Pacers to make. They can finally move on from Hibbert with Trill, who could go as high as 4. He's such a wildcard to me right now.

12. Utah Jazz: Kevon Looney
The Jazz really need a floor spacer because both Favors and Gobert are only effective near the rim. Looney may be a bit of a reach here but he probably has more potential as a stretch four here than anyone else. If Kaminsky is available here I feel like he will be the pick.

13. Phoenix Suns: Myles Turner
The Suns, like the Jazz want a big who can space the floor. Turner's shot needs to get A LOT more consistent, but he has a pretty stroke and hit some threes at Texas last year.

14. Oklahoma City Thunder: Devin Booker
Going to OKC is gonna be a good and a bad thing no matter who they take with this pick. It'll be a good thing because you instantly have a good chance to win a ring from your rookie year, and it'll be a bad thing because it's gonna be a fight to get minutes on that stacked roster. Booker is BPA and OKC has no glaring needs. I almost put Cam Payne here.

Lol Kaminsky- that would be so Knicks-like to use their first high pick in like a decade to select some garbage like that. :lol: Pretty good mock otherwise though. If our options are Johnson, Oubre, and Booker, I'm going with Johnson for sure.

Yeah, but also that fourth pick has been the source of some drama as of late. I don't think Phil believes in taking a PG that high. He wants to trade, but if he can't he'll "settle" for Winslow or really reach on WCS or Frank imo.
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#66 » by driveandkick » Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 am

amcoolio wrote:My Mock Draft

My Mock Draft

1. Minnesota - Jahlil Okafor
They aren't trading out of this spot and they want the offense that Okafor provides. They'll address center later with a shotblocker (maybe even sign Biz!) or hope Pekovic improves, but Pekovic might be better suited for the 2nd unit

2. LA Lakers - Karl-Anthony Towns
I actually think there's a decent chance the Lakers trade this pick. I could see a team like Denver at 7 packaging the 7 (Lakers take WCS), Lawson, Faried for 2 (Towns), Nick Young, Davis, and Kelly. Then they still have money to make a run at Kevin Love, convince DeMarre Carroll...hope that Kobe stays healthy for his final year and compete for the playoffs with Lawson/Kobe/Carroll/Faried/Love with random vets, Clarkson, Randle and WCS off the bench

3. Philadelphia - D'Angelo Russell
This could change over the next month but Russell is a great fit and they are keeping this pick.

4. New York - Emmanuel Mudiay
Possibility of trading: 75%
I'll be shocked if they keep this pick. If the Lakers keep 2 then New York will definitely accept a Lawson/Faried/Chandler for 4/Calderon trade. New York is atrocious and needs everything and won't get much of anything in FA. If they stand pat and take Mudiay, they'll have the best odds for next year's NBA draft lottery. They could take WCS here, but they need to be taking BPA if they are keeping the pick. They are BAD!

5. Orlando - Mario Hezonja
Heartbreaker for Pistons and Hornets fans as Orlando picks an alphadog offensive wing to go with their long, athletic, defensive oriented players. I don't see how they can pull a Hornets and just keep drafting poor shooting players.

6. Sacramento Kings - Kristaps Porzingis
Possibility of trading: 40%
I think the Kings trade this pick for win now help. This lottery is weird because there are quite a few teams reiterating that they want to be in the playoffs next year. But if they stay Vivek will make the wrong move and pick the international project. I'm not hating on Lamar's cousin but Porzingis' thin frame, weak strength, and tendency to shy away from contact makes him a big risk for an NBA team expecting him to contribute in the next few years. Divac, Vivek, and Sacramento will draft and stash Porzingis on the bench and hope to fix their issues by trades and free agency.

7. Denver Nuggets - Willie Cauley-Stein
Denver will more than likely have to completely start over and RealGM reported they will build around Gallinari and Nurkic. They should take BPA and Winslow could go here, but in the end I just don't know how many teams can pass up WCS's length, defensive ability, and natural feel for the game.

8. Detroit Pistons - Stanley Johnson
Detroit falls in love with Johnson during the entire draft process and takes him anyway even though Winslow is on the board. Detroit needs help defensively and they need a glue guy they can plug in at SF and start immediately.... Johnson is technically sound and will able to be their lock down defender.

9. Charlotte Hornets - Justise Winslow
Possibility of trading: 10%
In a repeat of last year Cho takes the sliding player even though I don't think Winslow is a great fit at SG. While the value is good it doesn't solve our totally broken offensive system and we will need to address this in free agency/trades otherwise we will be in this same spot next NBA draft.

I would go nuts if we landed Winslow.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#67 » by UNCNYC » Mon May 25, 2015 2:18 am

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/5/22/8642 ... ore-scouts

looks like we got rid of some scouts
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,369

Post#68 » by JDR720 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:55 pm

basketball insiders mock

Kirstaps, Hezonja, WCS and Kaminsky

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2015- ... s-ver-5-0/
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#69 » by BeesWax » Sat May 30, 2015 1:31 am

JDR720 wrote:basketball insiders mock

Kirstaps, Hezonja, WCS and Kaminsky

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2015- ... s-ver-5-0/

Wow those could not be worse.
Spoiler:
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#70 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat May 30, 2015 1:37 am

Devin Booker to the Magic at 5 is really interesting from Kyler. Not just because it's seemingly a reach, but he's a local guy and is typically pretty plugged-in there.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#71 » by catch20two » Sat May 30, 2015 2:22 am

In my head I thought we've been tied to Kaminsky all season but not even I want to believe that we'll draft a PF/C for the 3rd consecutive year and 4th in 5 years if you include Biz.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#72 » by Braggins » Sun May 31, 2015 3:06 am

I'm doing another mock just before the draft. I feel like this draft is going to be really unpredictable compared to most and I could see a lot of trades happening.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#73 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 am

I can just see the look on Jay Bilas' face trying to do draft commentary and the Magic select Devin freaking Booker with the 5th pick with Elfrid and Oladipo already there. It would be such an incredible reach it would make us taking Zeller at 4 sound like a Swedish Massage.

Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#74 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 31, 2015 3:22 am

catch20two wrote:In my head I thought we've been tied to Kaminsky all season but not even I want to believe that we'll draft a PF/C for the 3rd consecutive year and 4th in 5 years if you include Biz.

To be honest I wouldn't like, or hate it if we picked Kaminsky. I wouldn't like it because it damn sure wouldn't feel a need, but hes going to be a solid player in the league so it wouldn't be bad at 9.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#75 » by Braggins » Sun May 31, 2015 3:51 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:I can just see the look on Jay Bilas' face trying to do draft commentary and the Magic select Devin freaking Booker with the 5th pick with Elfrid and Oladipo already there. It would be such an incredible reach it would make us taking Zeller at 4 sound like a Swedish Massage.

If that happened I think there would be a really good chance Hezonja would fall to us. 1. Towns/Okafor, 2. Towns/Okafor, 3. Russel, 4. WCS, 5. Booker, 6. Winslow/Mudiay, 7. Winslow/Mudiay, 8. Porzingis, 9. Hezonja!!!!!!

I'm to the point where I'm not going to be surprised if he falls to us in any circumstance. This draft is going to be a doozy.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#76 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 31, 2015 3:53 am

Braggins wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:I can just see the look on Jay Bilas' face trying to do draft commentary and the Magic select Devin freaking Booker with the 5th pick with Elfrid and Oladipo already there. It would be such an incredible reach it would make us taking Zeller at 4 sound like a Swedish Massage.

If that happened I think there would be a really good chance Hezonja would fall to us. 1. Towns/Okafor, 2. Towns/Okafor, 3. Russel, 4. WCS, 5. Booker, 6. Winslow/Mudiay, 7. Winslow/Mudiay, 8. Porzingis, 9. Hezonja!!!!!!

I'm to the point where I'm not going to be surprised if he falls to us in any circumstance. This draft is going to be a doozy.

There is no chance in hell the Magic pick Booker. I honestly don't think there is a chance in hell that we even pick Booker. We need shooting, but I think he goes in the 12-14 range. I think our pick is either Johnson, WCS, or Oubre.

And I don't like Oubre at all, but I have a feeling that is who we might pick.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#77 » by Braggins » Sun May 31, 2015 3:57 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Braggins wrote:

I think our pick is either Johnson, WCS, or Oubre.

Completely agree. I do think there is a chance of someone else falling to us but if I was betting on it, I would go with Johnson or Oubre. I'm hoping Hezonja being a Euro guard with perceived attitude problems with turn some teams off.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#78 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 31, 2015 4:00 am

Braggins wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
Braggins wrote:If that happened I think there would be a really good chance Hezonja would fall to us. 1. Towns/Okafor, 2. Towns/Okafor, 3. Russel, 4. WCS, 5. Booker, 6. Winslow/Mudiay, 7. Winslow/Mudiay, 8. Porzingis, 9. Hezonja!!!!!!

Completely agree. I do think there is a chance of someone else falling to us but if I was betting on it, I would go with Johnson or Oubre. I'm hoping Hezonja being a Euro guard with perceived attitude problems with turn some teams off.

It would be GREAT if we had some cap room and we could do a "The Charlotte Bobcats trade the 8th pick in the draft to the Golden State Warriors for Jason Richardson"

I think it was the 8th? Might be wrong. But thats where were screwed. No money to spend, unless Henderson opts out, and thats only 6 mill. Still have to sign our picks.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#79 » by Braggins » Sun May 31, 2015 4:16 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Braggins wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

It would be GREAT if we had some cap room and we could do a "The Charlotte Bobcats trade the 8th pick in the draft to the Golden State Warriors for Jason Richardson"

I think it was the 8th? Might be wrong. But thats where were screwed. No money to spend, unless Henderson opts out, and thats only 6 mill. Still have to sign our picks.

Yeah, we are definitely in an awkward spot. We are likely not going to have any way to improve our roster outside of our draft pick and the guys we could draft that seem like they could really help us are just out of our reach.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#80 » by BeesWax » Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree with it being weird for the team but I disagree with it being a big reach. I have a feeling he will crush his workouts. People don't seem to think Hezonja will be a reach and he has all the same flaws plus a few. If I were a GM and two guys are the same except one plays dumb and doesn't get along with teammates I take the other guy.
Spoiler:

Return to Charlotte Hornets