ImageImage

120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,535
And1: 1,293
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1321 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Mar 7, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm not unhappy with Nic's current role on the team. I like that he's not being an ass about not playing. I would rather have him be a cheerleader than playing significant MPG.
Hope is free.
Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 7,038
And1: 880
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1322 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:24 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
tondi123 wrote:When will we ever learn not to give guys monster contracts based on what we hope they may be instead of what they clearly are. Has that ever worked out for us? Having said that, if Batum had managed to stay at the same level he was at when we paid him we could have probably moved him. Instead, he's decided to passively aggressively pout while on the floor and pat himself on the back for not cussing out the coaches while sitting on the bench. What a great guy.

if batum had stayed at the level he was when he got the money i wouldn't even trip tbh. i doubt anyone would've

he's turned into one of the worst players in the league - that's the problem lol


Exactly. We knew at the time of signing that we were probably over paying for that production but it was important towards keeping us at or above the level we ended 2016 on. We were all mostly fine paying him a ton if it meant it helped keep us in the middle of the playoff race where momentum at the right time and Lebron leaving the EC could mean a decent run. But then he responded to that contract by morphing into a useless slug of a player.
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1323 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Just one more season.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,943
And1: 6,695
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1324 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Just one more season.

I doubt he plays for us next season. if the status quo holds and Mitch inexplicably refuses to make any trades, I think Batum takes a ~4-5M buyout and goes ring chasing.
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1325 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:36 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Just one more season.

I doubt he plays for us next season. if the status quo holds and Mitch inexplicably refuses to make any trades, I think Batum takes a ~4-5M buyout and goes ring chasing.


There is absolutely no way in my opinion that Batum gives up 21 million plus or whatever it might be next year. He can do his ring chasing the year after and sign with whomever he wants.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,943
And1: 6,695
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1326 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Just one more season.

I doubt he plays for us next season. if the status quo holds and Mitch inexplicably refuses to make any trades, I think Batum takes a ~4-5M buyout and goes ring chasing.


There is absolutely no way in my opinion that Batum gives up 21 million plus or whatever it might be next year. He can do his ring chasing the year after and sign with whomever he wants.

No I meant he leaves 4-5 mil on the table, and pockets $22M+ from us
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1327 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:48 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:I doubt he plays for us next season. if the status quo holds and Mitch inexplicably refuses to make any trades, I think Batum takes a ~4-5M buyout and goes ring chasing.


There is absolutely no way in my opinion that Batum gives up 21 million plus or whatever it might be next year. He can do his ring chasing the year after and sign with whomever he wants.

No I meant he leaves 4-5 mil on the table, and pockets $22M+ from us


Lol oh. Sorry.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Kerisun
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 17, 2019

Re: 120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread 

Post#1328 » by Kerisun » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:04 am

I've been twice and I still think they talk like that cartoon skunk.

Return to Charlotte Hornets