ImageImage

120 Guarantees: the Nic Batum thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: Batum Goes the Dynamite: The Nic Batum Thread 

Post#21 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:27 am

yosemiteben wrote:Is there any distinction between what we hope Batum brings and what we hoped Lance would bring last year?

Batum is actually intelligent. Lance is just an idiot.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:32 am

I feel for you guys. Choe is either a genius I don't get, or I don't get it for a good reason.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MKGsMotor
Senior
And1: 207

Post#23 » by MKGsMotor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:34 am

jbk1234 wrote:I feel for you guys. Choe is either a genius I don't get, or I don't get it for a good reason.

I feel for Cleveland too. mutual feels.
The Lamb flock's vision has come true.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 am

MKGsMotor wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I feel for you guys. Choe is either a genius I don't get, or I don't get it for a good reason.

Our GM still plays though.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MKGsMotor
Senior
And1: 207

Post#25 » by MKGsMotor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:37 am

jbk1234 wrote:
MKGsMotor wrote:

Our GM still plays though.

And coaches. And referees...or tries to
The Lamb flock's vision has come true.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#26 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:37 am

Batum was supertrash last year. Idk about guaranteeing that starting spot so early.

Also I wanna know which years did he play SG for Portland so I can look up the numbers.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#27 » by yosemiteben » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 am

catch20two wrote:Also I wanna know which years did he play SG for Portland so I can look up the numbers.

He's never played anywhere else.

ETA: oh my bad you meant when he played that position, not at POR at all. Don't know that.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#28 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:45 am

Batum has been a SF/PF in my eyes forever. I know he might have played spot minutes at SG in certain lineups and mixups but I wanna know how good or bad he is at it from a statistical standpoint to help me understand why we're guaranteeing him a starting spot there after a bad year.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#29 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:46 am

catch20two wrote:Batum has been a SF/PF in my eyes forever. I know he might have played spot minutes at SG in certain lineups and mixups but I wanna know how good or bad he is at it from a statistical standpoint to help me understand why we're guaranteeing him a starting spot there after a bad year.

Hes played the two guard extensively for a while, according to the Portland board.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#30 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Batum has been a SF/PF in my eyes forever. I know he might have played spot minutes at SG in certain lineups and mixups but I wanna know how good or bad he is at it from a statistical standpoint to help me understand why we're guaranteeing him a starting spot there after a bad year.

Hes played the two guard extensively for a while, according to the Portland board.

I need confirmation on that. I'd like to know when he's played the 2 with Brandon Roy and Wes Matthews around. I know Roy played de facto PG before you remind me.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#31 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:49 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I need confirmation on that. I'd like to know when he's played the 2 with Brandon Roy and Wes Matthews around. I know Roy played de facto PG before you remind me.

Just going by what the forum mod for the Blazers posted on here hours ago.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#32 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:51 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Direct me to this post. Which thread is it in and what page?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#33 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:53 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:I need confirmation on that. I'd like to know when he's played the 2 with Brandon Roy and Wes Matthews around. I know Roy played de facto PG before you remind me.

Direct me to this post. Which thread is it in and what page?

Batum to Charlotte, 5th page, by Sebastian
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#34 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:02 am

Portland fan.

Batum's played SF for Portland, however a few of us feel SG could be his better position, and he'd be a crazy rebounder at the 2 guard. Basically I think he is the perfect 2 guard to allow you to play big wings without exposing yourself to some of the cons of big-ball. Put up some huge 15-20 rebounds when he was filling in at PF for injured LMA as well, could play as a small ball 4 as well.

Last season was one to forget but he had niggling injuries. I'm expecting a big year for Batum. Defensively Charlotte's wings will be insaneeeee. Only downside with Batum is that he loves playing for France in the off-season. Wish he rested a bit more.

I completely agree that he'll be what Lance should have been, Batum is arguably the best playmaking SF not named Lebron.

A very interesting trade for both Portland and Charlotte, for I don't know whether Vonleh was traded in predominantly for his asset value in potential trades or future potential as a Blazer.
USER0023942
Sophomore
And1: 17

Re: 

Post#35 » by USER0023942 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 am

Dame Lizard wrote:Batum is arguably the best playmaking SF not named Lebron.

:rofl2:

There are a lot of things I'd call Nic Batum. "Playmaker" is not one of those things, not by a mile.
catch20two
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#36 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 am

USER0023942 wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:Batum is arguably the best playmaking SF not named Lebron.

:rofl2:

There are a lot of things I'd call Nic Batum. "Playmaker" is not one of those things, not by a mile.

Lol. This is about the same way I see him. I agree with everything you're saying USER0023942.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#37 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 am

He's a SF, not a SG. This is not good for Kemba. We need a legit SG that can shoot and create his own shot. Not another hot potato.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#38 » by yosemiteben » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:51 am

catch20two wrote:He's a SF, not a SG. This is not good for Kemba. We need a legit SG that can shoot and create his own shot. Not another hot potato.

Post-ASB last season Batum shot 42.5% from three on 4.2 attempts per game. The potential is there.

In my mind there is no distinction between SG and SF.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#39 » by catch20two » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:He's a SF, not a SG. This is not good for Kemba. We need a legit SG that can shoot and create his own shot. Not another hot potato.

Post-ASB last season Batum shot 42.5% from three on 4.2 attempts per game. The potential is there.

In my mind there is no distinction between SG and SF.

What he shot, 19% before ASB? Lol
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#40 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 am

Wing positions are interchangeable in todays NBA. There is no designated position. You know this, come on now.

Return to Charlotte Hornets