ImageImage

The Bismack Biyombo Thread II

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

SpearNMgicHelmt
Senior
And1: 160

Re: Woj - CLT finalizing Biz trade 

Post#761 » by SpearNMgicHelmt » Sun Jul 8, 2018 9:52 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I honestly don't remember if we let Biz go before we brought in Batum. I thought they played together a season?

Seems like it was Lance Stephenson that occasionally had some good chemistry with Biz.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: The Bismack Biyombo Thread II 

Post#762 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Jul 8, 2018 10:14 pm

Best thread necromancy I've seen in ages!
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#763 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:05 pm

Bizzzzzzzzmack!!!
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#764 » by Braggins » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:09 pm

Biz shouldn't be in the every day rotation, but there will be games where he gets one or two 5-8 minute runs due to matchups.

My theory is that Biz bulked up too much. Hes always had awkward and uncoordinated feet, but he was pretty lean when he played for us and still had just enough recovery and closeout speed/quickness that he sometimes wasn't completely useless on the perimeter and he could rotate very quickly. Now when I watch him play he seems too top heavy and sluggish compared to his Charlotte days. He doesn't move his feet against the PnR as well as he used to and he is complete garbage when he has to step out beyond like 8 feet.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#765 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:11 pm

Well he is 45 years old
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Post#766 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:23 pm

We weren't ever gonna use Mozgov in a non-emergency situation. Biz can play uptempo while providing elite defense. Mitch turned a useless player into a useful one plus two picks. Mitch has now acquired 6 picks. He's positioned to deal unwanted contracts whenever the optimal situation presents itself. I think once Kawhi is moved, the cap teams will relent and take on salary in exchange for assets. Getting Biz and shifting Kaminsky to backup center frees up Hernangomez. He cost two picks so he might be someone Mitch can attach to one of the bad contracts. It's nice to have depth because it provides flexibility so when Mitch frees cap needed for Kemba, it won't require desperation.
It has been written...
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,115

Post#767 » by KembaWalker » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:26 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Biz can play uptempo while providing elite defense.

oh no...
Braggins
RealGM

Post#768 » by Braggins » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:31 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:We weren't ever gonna use Mozgov in a non-emergency situation. Biz can play uptempo while providing elite defense. Mitch turned a useless player into a useful one plus two picks. Mitch has now acquired 6 picks. He's positioned to deal unwanted contracts whenever the optimal situation presents itself. I think once Kawhi is moved, the cap teams will relent and take on salary in exchange for assets. Getting Biz and shifting Kaminsky to backup center frees up Hernangomez. He cost two picks so he might be someone Mitch can attach to one of the bad contracts. It's nice to have depth because it provides flexibility so when Mitch frees cap needed for Kemba, it won't require desperation.

I think all of Mitch's moves have been decent to good except the Tony Parker signing. I'm still a bit worried about Miles Bridges, but I still think it was a solid pick, especially after factoring in we got two 2nds out of it.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,542

Post#769 » by yosemiteben » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:39 pm

Braggins wrote:We might have missed on Kevin Knox, though.

He went before our pick though.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#770 » by Braggins » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:40 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Braggins wrote:We might have missed on Kevin Knox, though.

He went before our pick though.

I'm dumb and also didn't actually watch the draft lol.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#771 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:40 pm

Braggins wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:We weren't ever gonna use Mozgov in a non-emergency situation. Biz can play uptempo while providing elite defense. Mitch turned a useless player into a useful one plus two picks. Mitch has now acquired 6 picks. He's positioned to deal unwanted contracts whenever the optimal situation presents itself. I think once Kawhi is moved, the cap teams will relent and take on salary in exchange for assets. Getting Biz and shifting Kaminsky to backup center frees up Hernangomez. He cost two picks so he might be someone Mitch can attach to one of the bad contracts. It's nice to have depth because it provides flexibility so when Mitch frees cap needed for Kemba, it won't require desperation.

I think all of Mitch's moves have been decent to good except the Tony Parker signing. I'm still a bit worried about Miles Bridges, but I still think it was a solid pick, especially after factoring in we got two 2nds out of it. We might have missed on Kevin Knox, though.

I love Parker because he's a pure point. His signing proves they're committed to developing Monk off ball. I think that's key to him realizing his upside and considering our rebuild needs, he's my top priority and hopefully the orgs. He's not going to become a #1 scorer without being surrounded by good passers and team ball.

I noticed Miles had a moment where he finished a layup and was fouled. He slammed the pad beneath the basket, clearly venting his impatience with himself as if to say, "Finally, where the hell have I been?". From that point he played with composure. Shortly thereafter he took a deep breath to collect himself a few trips later down the court. Then he showcased his inside outside game. He has a very smooth shooting stroke. He has the rebounding and transition potential of MKG but the shooting is there right now. He'll have to stretch it out eventually but the foundation is there. We shall see if he carries confidence from this game to the next.
It has been written...
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#772 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:42 pm

A pure point that can't shoot 3s? That's a recipe for disaster.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#773 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:44 pm

316Hornets wrote:A pure point that can't shoot 3s? That's a recipe for disaster.

Like Rondo and Ball, guys you heart.
It has been written...
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#774 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 9, 2018 12:15 am

Biz thread.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
B B M F 'ers
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#775 » by thesneakysneak » Mon Jul 9, 2018 12:42 am

Biz is like the polar opposite of Big Willy. Helps us match up with what the other team's second unit has. Plus Biz is a dude and he and willy will be fan favorites. So stoked he is back!
I like fish
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#776 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:36 am

Merging the two Biz threads.

B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#777 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:42 am

I feel like some posters are romanticizing Biz’s time here - and his time after here.

My recollection is his basketball skills were pretty ordinary, as were his hands (especially his hands) and his touch, and nothing about his game ever really developed.

He wasn’t quick footed enough to keep up with mobile PF’s and was too small to defend big bulky C’s.

He played with great effort and enthusiasm and was super easy to root for, but his actual impact on the game was more negatively than positive.

It’ll be nice to have him in town again I guess, but I think I’d rather 1 more season of Howard (or us buying Howard out) than 2 more season of Biz and a couple of 2nds.

B B M F 'ers
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#778 » by 316Hornets » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:19 am

BigSlam wrote:I feel like some posters are romanticizing Biz’s time here - and his time after here.

My recollection is his basketball skills were pretty ordinary, as were his hands (especially his hands) and his touch, and nothing about his game ever really developed.

He wasn’t quick footed enough to keep up with mobile PF’s and was too small to defend big bulky C’s.

He played with great effort and enthusiasm and was super easy to root for, but his actual impact on the game was more negatively than positive.

It’ll be nice to have him in town again I guess, but I think I’d rather 1 more season of Howard (or us buying Howard out) than 2 more season of Biz and a couple of 2nds.

Willy has looked good so far in SL, so Biz might not play much at all. The thing is, I don't think he minds which is good that he doesn't have a big head after getting paid.

Biz is strongest when he isn't asked to do any scoring. I also think you are underrating his defensive impact. He's gotten bulky and doesn't move as well anymore, but he is in good health and still makes a difference.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#779 » by GoBobs » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:22 am

Happy to have Biz back. His time with the Raptors showed he can be an impact player in the right situation.

There is a good chance our team needs shot blocking and rebounding after the loss of Howard.

I don't trust Cody to stay healthy. I don't trust Willy to be a rotation player. That leaves Marv, Frank and Biz at center. I like that a lot better then Marv, Frank and Mozgov.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#780 » by Diop » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:37 am

BigSlam wrote:

biggest difference to me is that Biz will happily set a good screen and not demand the ball. He will run the play to the best of his ability and would be happy just going for offensive rebounds. (remember he used to always get fouled fighting for boards?)
He will happily come off the bench and he definitely has some great defensive purple patches.
individually, especially stats wise, he won't be as good as Dwight. But team wise its questionable.
so overall I'm happy with the swap

Return to Charlotte Hornets