Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1821 » by Rays Pompadour » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:04 pm

JDR720 wrote:We cut Cam
We traded for Teddy and gave him a contract
We cut Teddy
We traded for Darnold and exercised his option
He sucks terribly
We sign Cam out of desperation

Incompetence doesn't begin to describe this mess. We've spent millions and traded several draft picks for literally nothing.

Both Teddy and Sam were reclamation projects that could have paid off well. When you're dealing with Quarterbacks, there's a sunk cost. If either would have blow up the Panthers would have been seen as wise to lock them up for the additional year. It just didn't work out.

I'm still not giving up on Darnold. Most folks have, but I think his issues are mainly between the ears. A good shrink might be the ticket...or a full season behind a true vet leading to a reasonable third contract as a backup.

As for the Cam signing, I guess he'll sell some tickets. And the Panthers should be desperate.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,096

Post#1822 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Teddy is playing solidly this season. 2100 yards, 14 TD to only 5 INT's. Completing 70% of his passes. He is a solid QB who we gave up on too soon. He was a good player for the Vikings too, before his injury.

Darnold was terrible in NY and terrible for us. He has a fractured shoulder, he is done.

We could've drafted a QB in the draft. Instead we picked a CB, who is also injured.

We're going into next season with either no QB, or an old Cam being the starter. This isn't a great QB draft class either. We're at least 2-3 years away from being a good team.
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#1823 » by CuseMayne » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:28 am

I'm not sure how much you guys want to hear about sports betting, and please let me know if you guys mind me mentioning it here and there and I'll stop bringing it up (I have a few times in the GTs). However, I've gotta share this literal miracle from tonight:

So I bet 140 to profit 595 on:
Tyler Herro scoring 22+ points
Reggie Jackson scoring 22+ points

Both have to be completed to win the bet.

-In the first half, Herro had 14 points and Jackson had a grand total of 0 points.
-In the 3rd Q, Herro got his requirement by getting his total to 23 points. Jackson, playing the entire quarter, scored 15 points.
-In the 4th Q, Herro didn't score any more points. Jackson was subbed in with 7 minutes left in the game (pretty short rest considering he played 12 straight minutes).
-He had one field goal attempt (a missed 3 with around 4 minutes left), before making a 3 with 1:45 left. PG13 was taking bad shots.
-With around 1 minute left, he missed a wide open layup.
-With 11 seconds left and the Clippers up 1, he gets fouled and makes both FTs.
-With 4 seconds left and the Clippers up 1, he gets fouled. First FT rattles out and in. Second FT pure.

I'll never get that lucky again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#1824 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:18 pm

CuseMayne wrote:I'm not sure how much you guys want to hear about sports betting, and please let me know if you guys mind me mentioning it here and there and I'll stop bringing it up (I have a few times in the GTs). However, I've gotta share this literal miracle from tonight:

-In the first half, Herro had 14 points and Jackson had a grand total of 0 points.
-In the 3rd Q, Herro got his requirement by getting his total to 23 points. Jackson, playing the entire quarter, scored 15 points.
-In the 4th Q, Herro didn't score any more points. Jackson was subbed in with 7 minutes left in the game (pretty short rest considering he played 12 straight minutes).
-He had one field goal attempt (a missed 3 with around 4 minutes left), before making a 3 with 1:45 left. PG13 was taking bad shots.
-With 4 seconds left and the Clippers up 1, he gets fouled. First FT rattles out and in. Second FT pure.

I gamble quite a bit. I also dabble in stocks (not for investment, but mainly pump and dumps) and try to make some quick money. 3 or 4 weeks ago I put 2k in a stock called PHUN. I believe it's the software company that's doing a lot of stuff for Trumps new social media ordeal. It pumped to 24 bucks a share and I was up 12k, halted (they halt stocks when they rise or fall too quickly) and when it unhalted immediately skipped my stop loss and went down to 8. I lost 5 figures in a slan of 35 seconds. I nearly vomited.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#1825 » by CuseMayne » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
CuseMayne wrote:I'm not sure how much you guys want to hear about sports betting, and please let me know if you guys mind me mentioning it here and there and I'll stop bringing it up (I have a few times in the GTs). However, I've gotta share this literal miracle from tonight:

I gamble quite a bit. I also dabble in stocks (not for investment, but mainly pump and dumps) and try to make some quick money. 3 or 4 weeks ago I put 2k in a stock called PHUN. I believe it's the software company that's doing a lot of stuff for Trumps new social media ordeal. It pumped to 24 bucks a share and I was up 12k, halted (they halt stocks when they rise or fall too quickly) and when it unhalted immediately skipped my stop loss and went down to 8. I lost 5 figures in a slan of 35 seconds. I nearly vomited.

Good. Lord. That's tragic man. Yeah the last few years I haven't been using my SU degree and have mainly been playing poker professionally...so I'm pretty well conditioned to money swings...but that one's just painful.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1826 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:18 pm

CuseMayne wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Good. Lord. That's tragic man. Yeah the last few years I haven't been using my SU degree and have mainly been playing poker professionally...so I'm pretty well conditioned to money swings...but that one's just painful.

Yeah I pulled what was left out and just put it into Shib. Hoping it hits a couple cents in the next few years.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#1827 » by euphorbus » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Anybody see the NBA-TV special on Muggsy Bogues last night? It was interesting and very moving. I did not realize that Dell Curry and Muggsy were such fast friends and longtime teammates.

They only hinted at how management ruined the franchise by trading Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, and Muggsy Bogues. But I remember distinctly that fans abandoned the team after that, which led to its relocation to New Orleans.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1828 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:05 pm

nbatv is replaying a random cavs hornets gane from 2017... the dwight year. its kemba, lamb, mkg, marvin, dwight
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#1829 » by bravor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm

itw from Dan Mashir, coach of the nz breakers (with couple prospects including "our" Ousmane Dieng). I guess the league season begins very soon (i will be harassing Diop regulary so that he gives some feedback from our frenchies - we also have a scoring shooting guard named Hugo Besson in this team).

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Few highlights from a preseason game (apparently he's played at the wing - he was developed as a pg when "younger" if i can say for a 18 yo dude - and many drives but he was good in catch & shoot situation, esp. from the 3 line).

ps : of, take what the coach says with a grain of salt as nbl is gambling a lot on overseas prospects to grant them buy out (shared between all teams). But they did not make wrong choices for our prospects obviously(the talent/skillset is there).
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1830 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:23 pm

fatlever wrote:nbatv is replaying a random cavs hornets gane from 2017... the dwight year. its kemba, lamb, mkg, marvin, dwight

lost by 1. we choked hard, plus some shady calls. mkg's career is a travesty. breaks my heart that he never figured out how to shoot or use left hand.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1831 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:49 pm

MKG was never the same after Ian Mahinmi fell on his shoulder. It was all downhill after that. Injuries derailed his career hard.
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#1832 » by bravor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:11 pm

Things were also different (like a ghost on the court when he came back) when he lost his grandma.

But yes for the injury with Mahinmi, as usual diving for a lose ball he should not have tried to grab.

Hard not to have regrets because despite the bball flaws, he is still a pretty nice dude and warrior
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1833 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 pm

fatlever wrote:
fatlever wrote:nbatv is replaying a random cavs hornets gane from 2017... the dwight year. its kemba, lamb, mkg, marvin, dwight

lost by 1. we choked hard, plus some shady calls. mkg's career is a travesty. breaks my heart that he never figured out how to shoot or use left hand.

guarantee our current coaching staff would've done a better job with him. our really any other coaching staff in the league aside from Clifford's.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1834 » by fatlever » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:29 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
fatlever wrote:

guarantee our current coaching staff would've done a better job with him. our really any other coaching staff in the league aside from Clifford's.
Yeah. It would be interesting to be able to simulate his career with a real development coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1835 » by JDR720 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Holy cow the Panthers suck.

It's a miracle this team has managed 5 wins so far.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1836 » by yosemiteben » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:43 pm

JDR720 wrote:Holy cow the Panthers suck.

It's a miracle this team has managed 5 wins so far.

And that they dismantled the Cardinals on the road two weeks ago. Just a weird team.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1837 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 am

Duke fired David Cutliffe. Hopefully Matt Rhule goes there. Most penalized team in the league and that my friends is coaching
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#1838 » by penquin11 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 2:05 am

So apparently Deion Sanders invited Brittany Renner to Jackson State to talk to his players about the dangers of gold diggers... The irony is **** palpable.
https://www.complex.com/sports/brittany-renner-jackson-state-deion-sanders
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1839 » by JDR720 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 3:11 am

penquin11 wrote:So apparently Deion Sanders invited Brittany Renner to Jackson State to talk to his players about the dangers of gold diggers... The irony is **** palpable.
https://www.complex.com/sports/brittany-renner-jackson-state-deion-sanders

He should've got PJ to go talk to them when he was out with a sprained elbow.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1840 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:31 am

Return to Charlotte Hornets