ImageImage

Off Topic VIII

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,202

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1921 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jun 1, 2022 2:06 am

amcoolio wrote:The tourism industry has gotten off to a slow start up here in the mountains, wondering if its the gas prices/economy...you guys felt anything? Any changed vacation plans?

It's not just you guys. I live down in Destin, FL and the tourism is markedly slower than in years past. Perhaps it'll pickup some when schools let out but I doubt it. The economy has gone to **** in the past couple of years and it's not looking like it'll rebound any time soon.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1922 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:53 pm

amcoolio wrote:The tourism industry has gotten off to a slow start up here in the mountains, wondering if its the gas prices/economy...you guys felt anything? Any changed vacation plans?

I was thinking about taking a two week trip out to the Rockies and ended up deciding against. It wasn't just prices, though airfare was one of the reasons I ultimately decided against this year. I'll be visiting the NC mountains a few times. In fact, I'll be in Boone this weekend.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,364

Post#1923 » by JDR720 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:47 am

Read on Twitter
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,944

Post#1924 » by Diop » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:24 am

JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

was there are partner swapping incident??
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,699

Post#1925 » by yosemiteben » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#1926 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:45 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol I'm all about insane atmospheres, but I highly doubt I'd bring my kids to something like that.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1927 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:38 pm

Taking this to OT.

BigSlam wrote:

From your linked article:
Written Vs. Oral Contracts
While oral contracts can be legally binding depending on the subject matter and type of agreement, it’s better business practice to put you agreements in writing. A contract that’s been signed by both parties provides documentation of the terms and gives you a significant advantage should a dispute arise. In some cases, agreements must be put in writing before they can be legally enforced under what is known as the statute of frauds. These rules are usually found in state laws. They describe the types of contracts that must be written to be deemed enforceable, including contracts for the sale of real estate and contracts with terms that exceed one year in length

I agree that having a signed contract gives you an advantage. That doesn't mean that in all instances an unsigned written contact is unenforceable. Like I said, it depends on the facts and circumstances.

For example, assume I send you a service contact to mow your lawn for $30, and you call me and say you are good with the terms and that I should mow it the next day. If I actually do mow the lawn the next day, your agreement to compensate me on the terms we agreed to is legally enforceable notwithstanding the fact that you failed to sign the contract.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1928 » by BigSlam » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:28 am

yosemiteben wrote:Taking this to OT.

BigSlam wrote:

From your linked article:
Written Vs. Oral Contracts
While oral contracts can be legally binding depending on the subject matter and type of agreement, it’s better business practice to put you agreements in writing. A contract that’s been signed by both parties provides documentation of the terms and gives you a significant advantage should a dispute arise. In some cases, agreements must be put in writing before they can be legally enforced under what is known as the statute of frauds. These rules are usually found in state laws. They describe the types of contracts that must be written to be deemed enforceable, including contracts for the sale of real estate and contracts with terms that exceed one year in length

I agree that having a signed contract gives you an advantage. That doesn't mean that in all instances an unsigned written contact is unenforceable. Like I said, it depends on the facts and circumstances.

For example, assume I send you a service contact to mow your lawn for $30, and you call me and say you are good with the terms and that I should mow it the next day. If I actually do mow the lawn the next day, your agreement to compensate me on the terms we agreed to is legally enforceable notwithstanding the fact that you failed to sign the contract.

Prove I said "I am good with the terms". Then get a court to agree with you that I said that.

I get what you are saying, but that is like saying I COULD survive jumping out of a plane without a parachute, but really I need that parachute.

Plus - the service agreement you sent represents the contract, and any adjustment has to be made to that contract. A verbal agreement doesn't surpass the written contract if the written contract is in place and is finalized.

Don't forget - you owe me $100,000.00 :wink:
B B M F 'ers
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1929 » by yosemiteben » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:49 am

BigSlam wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Taking this to OT.

BigSlam wrote:From your linked article:

Prove I said "I am good with the terms". Then get a court to agree with you that I said that.

Yes, that's an evidentiary challenge, but your point was that it's not enforceable unless in writing AND signed, which is categorically untrue.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#1930 » by fatlever » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Coolio... I sent you a pm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1931 » by JDR720 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:27 pm

I just had a thought of what it'd be like if the Panthers traded for Mayfield and the Hornets traded for Westbrook.

It'll be interesting to see if the media circus follows them here or they fall off the face of the planet.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,303

Post#1932 » by amcoolio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm

My avatar here has been viewed 511,209 times since I switched to it March 2021. That's insane.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1933 » by BigSlam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 pm

511,210 now.
B B M F 'ers
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,261

Post#1934 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:56 pm

amcoolio wrote:My avatar here has been viewed 511,209 times since I switched to it March 2021. That's insane.

Who doesn't love Super Mario Kart? Childhood memories!
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1935 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am

Fat - you checked out Goose yet? I'm hard into them (couch tour with them), and they just played two nights at Radio City Music Hall this weekend. Trey sat in second night.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1936 » by fatlever » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:37 am

yosemiteben wrote:Fat - you checked out Goose yet? I'm hard into them (couch tour with them), and they just played two nights at Radio City Music Hall this weekend. Trey sat in second night.

dude, thats so weird. i saw that on twitter today, so i listened to a few more of their songs on spotify (i had prev watched some clips while back). i was going to ask you to post your fave version of a live song, something that rips.

i havent been listening to as much jam band stuff lately. been on a mellow modern funk/rb bands kick for a while. this is my playlist ive been building for months
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5yKGe2Jx4xRv3Rxbpsadue?si=b64c030b34554a9e
actually has 2 goose studio tunes on it
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1937 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:45 am

fatlever wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Fat - you checked out Goose yet? I'm hard into them (couch tour with them), and they just played two nights at Radio City Music Hall this weekend. Trey sat in second night.

dude, thats so weird. i saw that on twitter today, so i listened to a few more of their songs on spotify (i had prev watched some clips while back). i was going to ask you to post your fave version of a live song, something that rips.

i havent been listening to as much jam band stuff lately. been on a mellow modern funk/rb bands kick for a while. this is my playlist ive been building for months
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5yKGe2Jx4xRv3Rxbpsadue?si=b64c030b34554a9e
actually has 2 goose studio tunes on it

Find a night when you've got some time, then watch this -

GOAT Goose show IMO. If you don't like that, you don't like Goose.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1938 » by fatlever » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:48 am

i'm adding to my watch later list.

edit... 3 hours lol. if i had to start w/ one tune from this show? whats their cornell 77 scarlet/fire moment from this show? or venetta 72 playin in the band? or winston 97 bathtub gin?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,303

Post#1939 » by amcoolio » Wed Jul 6, 2022 2:05 am

Now that Demaryius Thomas, a recent all-star player, has confirmed stage 2 CTE, the NFL is in serious trouble.

I can see the NBA overtaking the NFL in 10 years in popularity with all the problems NFL has and not many solutions to fix it.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1940 » by JDR720 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 2:26 am

I'd bet that the majority, if not almost all, NFL players past the age of 30 have CTE.

Pretty much the only ones that don't are the punters, kickers and the longsnapper.

Return to Charlotte Hornets