ImageImage

Off Topic VIII

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1501 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Feb 5, 2020 8:37 pm

Anyone use the Robinhood app for stocks? Put in 550$ last week on Penn Gaming. Made bout 80 bucks. Kinda addicting monitoring it
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
predators
Senior
Posts: 640
And1: 249
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1502 » by predators » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:01 pm

316Hornets wrote:I'm not sure what the Panthers are going to do with Cam. I just don't trust him to be healthy and think they are risking doing a rebuild during CMC's prime years if they don't do it now. My gut says trade him and tank for 1 year and hope to be at the top of the draft board in 2021 to take a shot at Lawrence or Fields. However, if the medicals clear him and there is a strong chance of him lasting another 5 years, then you just build up that line and work with what you got.


Prior to Luke Retiring, I thought they should go all in for Cam's last season on the current deal or maybe take Tua if he falls to 7 since we could let him have a year off. Now I'm not so sure.

Judging by the bags Hurney paid J.Stew and DeAngelo Williams, He's going to pay McCaffrey QB money.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1503 » by yosemiteben » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:08 am

yosemiteben wrote:I'm actively monitoring Hornets trade deadline stuff along with my Phish ticket lottery results.

Unfortunately I'm expecting nothing from both.
Double strike out on the day. Oh well.
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,444
And1: 2,551
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1504 » by BlackOutBuzz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Cody being the last Horncat to have been here continuously got me thinking about all the players still active in the NBA that have worn that glorious orange and navy.

Marvin and Vonleh just missed the cut, having joined the team in the transition offseason (in a way, as does Dwight Powell, whom we drafted and immediately traded). We also just lost Shaun Livingston to retirement. Looks like there are I 8(ish) names:

Cody
Biz
MKG
Kemba
Anthony Tolliver (Kings)
DJ Augustin (Magic)
Garrett Temple (Nets)*
Jared Dudley (Lakers)*

HM: Tobias Harris (76ers), technically drafted by Charlotte then traded for Biz.

*Added by Fats

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2020: CHA 1, CLE 2 (SGA), BOS 2 (top 53 protected, Kemba :cry: )
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (SGA)
2022: CHA 1; CHA 2
2023: CHA 1
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 51,284
And1: 8,176
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1505 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:Cody being the last Horncat to have been here continuously got me thinking about all the players still active in the NBA that have worn that glorious orange and navy.

Marvin and Vonleh just missed the cut, having joined the team in the transition offseason (in a way, as does Dwight Powell, whom we drafted and immediately traded). We also just lost Shaun Livingston to retirement. Unless I'm missing something, I came up with 6(ish) names:

Cody
Biz
MKG
Kemba
Anthony Tolliver (Kings)
DJ Augustin (Magic

HM: Tobias Harris (76ers), technically drafted by Charlotte then traded for Biz.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Dudley
Temple
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,999
And1: 6,730
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1506 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Tyson Chandler makes 9, and I'm pretty sure that's it.

Ajinca, Felton, Livingston played last season but aren't on teams this year.
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 51,284
And1: 8,176
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1507 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:30 pm

pussyfoot, of course
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1508 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Just got this email from YouTube TV:

Hi there,
Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.
To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.
Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.
Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team


Ummmmm....so no more Hornets games on YTTV? That's not ideal.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,866
And1: 2,616
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1509 » by BigSlam » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Just got this email from YouTube TV:

Hi there,
Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.
To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.
Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.
Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team


Ummmmm....so no more Hornets games on YTTV? That's not ideal.

A little more than 2 days notice might have been nice as well!!

They’ve given you very little time to react and to try and put something else in place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1510 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:24 pm

BigSlam wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Just got this email from YouTube TV:

Hi there,
Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.
To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.
Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.
Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team


Ummmmm....so no more Hornets games on YTTV? That's not ideal.

A little more than 2 days notice might have been nice as well!!

They’ve given you very little time to react and to try and put something else in place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thats ****. Literally the only reason I got youtubetv
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
SWedd523
General Manager
Posts: 8,792
And1: 1,129
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1511 » by SWedd523 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:52 pm

I feel like networks being unable to make deals with fox sports is a reoccurring thing over the past 5-10 years.

Leadership over there either plays hardball like a **** or is allergic to making their customers happy
Image
predators
Senior
Posts: 640
And1: 249
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1512 » by predators » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 pm

SWedd523 wrote:I feel like networks being unable to make deals with fox sports is a reoccurring thing over the past 5-10 years.

Leadership over there either plays hardball like a **** or is allergic to making their customers happy


The regional sports networks make a much higher % of revenue from cable fees and they know the people that want those channels will be vocal about losing them.

I would honestly pay a sports only subscription because I literally never watch anything else on Cable. YouTubeTV was super close to being that before they added a bunch of channels and it ballooned to $50. I might cancel until football season or whenever they are able to renegotiate the deal whichever comes first.
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,444
And1: 2,551
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1513 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:01 am

When the FS regional networks left Sling, I followed not long thereafter. But I couldn't bring myself to pay double what I was used to for YouTube, Hulu, or Fubo. So I'll get pie now and then, but for the most part I've checked out this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2020: CHA 1, CLE 2 (SGA), BOS 2 (top 53 protected, Kemba :cry: )
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (SGA)
2022: CHA 1; CHA 2
2023: CHA 1
Robot Rock
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,368
And1: 554
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: The 704
       

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1514 » by Robot Rock » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Trivia project for someone: what players spent their entire NBA careers in Charlotte? I'm not including guys who played for a couple minutes in 2-3 games, so no 10-day contracts.The only ones I know of who played multiple seasons and never played for other teams are Tony Bennett and Jeff Taylor.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1515 » by yosemiteben » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Kemba and Cam can start a Charlotte FO disrespect support group. I guess Bridgewater is the Panther's Rozier.
User avatar
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 33,296
And1: 26,702
Joined: Jul 09, 2013
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1516 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:09 pm

No Cam, no Luke, no Greg.

Panthers gonna suck butt next season.

I expected Cam to leave soon, but I figured he'd retire because of injuries not being traded.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,999
And1: 6,730
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1517 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:34 pm

why do we do this to ourselves
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1518 » by yosemiteben » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:58 pm

It is kind of crazy how much the Panthers and Hornets track each other. If only one hot run in the NBA meant a realistic shot at a championship like it does in the NFL.
User avatar
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 33,296
And1: 26,702
Joined: Jul 09, 2013
     

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1519 » by JDR720 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:24 am

and of course Tom Brady goes to Tampa Bay.
User avatar
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
Posts: 9,754
And1: 2,292
Joined: Jan 02, 2011
Location: Latvia
Contact:
   

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1520 » by LamarMatic7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:20 am

Robot Rock wrote:Trivia project for someone: what players spent their entire NBA careers in Charlotte? I'm not including guys who played for a couple minutes in 2-3 games, so no 10-day contracts.The only ones I know of who played multiple seasons and never played for other teams are Tony Bennett and Jeff Taylor.

I'm stumped. Turns out the Darrin Hancock's of the world all have played for other teams.

Hope everyone on the borad is safe and doing okay!
Image

Return to Charlotte Hornets