Off Topic VIII

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,685

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1841 » by fatlever » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 am

its about time! ive been stalking this site for over a year hoping they would finally make a hornets version. this will be mine very soon. thanks yb. i almost bought the pacers version last month
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,673

Post#1842 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:32 am

fatlever wrote:

its about time! ive been stalking this site for over a year hoping they would finally make a hornets version. this will be mine very soon. thanks yb. i almost bought the pacers version last month

Same, I was close to pulling the trigger on the 76ers, which would have been tough to swallow
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#1843 » by Sothron » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:50 pm

I finally got the City edition Hornets shorts to go with the City edition Lamelo jersey I got earlier. I had to call the actual team store in the arena and plead with someone there to let me buy a pair over the phone. It came in today and it looks amazing coupled with the City jersey. I already went outside with them on my driveway goal and broke them in. They look pretty good with my Grandmama Converse Aero Stars. Early Christmas present to me from my wife. I hope everyone that wants those City edition jerseys/shorts can get them. They look so good.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#1844 » by chabber » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:19 pm

Sothron wrote:I finally got the City edition Hornets shorts to go with the City edition Lamelo jersey I got earlier. I had to call the actual team store in the arena and plead with someone there to let me buy a pair over the phone. It came in today and it looks amazing coupled with the City jersey. I already went outside with them on my driveway goal and broke them in. They look pretty good with my Grandmama Converse Aero Stars. Early Christmas present to me from my wife. I hope everyone that wants those City edition jerseys/shorts can get them. They look so good.

Good pick up! I grabbed a few versions of the LaMelo jersey. I had no idea they had the city edition shorts to match. Don't see them now at the store now. Looks like I might have to stay on the hunt.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#1845 » by Sothron » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:41 am

chabber wrote:
Sothron wrote:I finally got the City edition Hornets shorts to go with the City edition Lamelo jersey I got earlier. I had to call the actual team store in the arena and plead with someone there to let me buy a pair over the phone. It came in today and it looks amazing coupled with the City jersey. I already went outside with them on my driveway goal and broke them in. They look pretty good with my Grandmama Converse Aero Stars. Early Christmas present to me from my wife. I hope everyone that wants those City edition jerseys/shorts can get them. They look so good.

Good pick up! I grabbed a few versions of the LaMelo jersey. I had no idea they had the city edition shorts to match. Don't see them now at the store now. Looks like I might have to stay on the hunt.

They are hard to get. They are going for 150 to 200 USD on ebay. I refused to pay that and got the team store phone number and chatted with a manager. She actually quizzed me to see if I was a real Hornets fan (have been since LJ was drafted a lifetime ago) and after that she agreed to send me one pair since I promised this wasn't some ebay scammer. I can only suggest trying to call the store or going there if you can and see if they will hook you up. She told me their shipments are completely backed up thanks to Nike.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1846 » by BigSlam » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:52 am

Gave the kids an Oculus Quest 2 as a gift this Christmas.

Been playing Beat Saber all afternoon.

So much fun - other than it feels like my head might explode a little.

If you haven’t tried an immersive VR experience and you have the opportunity, I’d highly recommend it.
B B M F 'ers
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 940

Post#1847 » by Robot Rock » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Trivia question: Name a player who suited up for the original Hornets AND the Bobcats in a game (doesn't have to be regular-season).
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Off Topic VIII 

Post#1848 » by BigSlam » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Robot Rock wrote:Trivia question: Name a player who suited up for the original Hornets AND the Bobcats in a game (doesn't have to be regular-season).

Tyson Chandler (Pussyfoot), Steve Smith and Lonny Baxter (pow pow) played for the New Orleans Hornets and the Charlotte Bobcats.

I “think” Melvin Ely did as well - but again, that was the New Orleans Hornets and not the Charlotte Hornets.

So they were all the New Orleans Hornets and were not the original Hornets.

That’s the beat I can come up with off the top of my head.
B B M F 'ers
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#1849 » by Robot Rock » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:09 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:Trivia question: Name a player who suited up for the original Hornets AND the Bobcats in a game (doesn't have to be regular-season).

Tyson Chandler (Pussyfoot), Steve Smith and Lonny Baxter (pow pow) played for the New Orleans Hornets and the Charlotte Bobcats.

I “think” Melvin Ely did as well - but again, that was the New Orleans Hornets and not the Charlotte Hornets.

So they were all the New Orleans Hornets and were not the original Hornets.

That’s the beat I can come up with off the top of my head.

The one I’m thinking of wore a Charlotte Hornets jersey and a Charlotte Bobcats jersey.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,571

Post#1850 » by HornetJail » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:18 pm

I am looking through every training camp/summer league roster I can find and straight up don't see one lol
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1851 » by BigSlam » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:38 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

I am looking through every training camp/summer league roster I can find and straight up don't see one lol

I thought it might be some rando that we took in the expansion draft, someone like Jahidi White, but from memory we didn’t take a single player in the expansion draft that had a history with the former Hornets.

This feels like a wild goose chase.
B B M F 'ers
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,087

Post#1852 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:18 am

Todd Fuller
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1853 » by BigSlam » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:02 pm

Those days when we would inexplicably beat the Lakers? Those were some awesome days.

Read on Twitter
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1854 » by fatlever » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:21 pm

That one time Matt Carroll thought he was Ray Allen

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,276

Post#1855 » by amcoolio » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:24 pm

I was at that game. From the Bobcats era my top three moments I remember in person are that game, the one where Melvin Ely airballed the game winner but Crash took it out of the air and dunked, and the first NBA draft party where Bob Johnson said we are taking Okafor before the rest of the world knew (not like it was a secret)
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,330

Post#1856 » by JDR720 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:50 pm

Happy 2022 everybody.

Let's hope it isn't as terrible as the last 2 or whenever the pandemic started.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#1857 » by Robot Rock » Sun Jan 2, 2022 11:35 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Todd Fuller

Winner
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,330

Post#1858 » by JDR720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:21 am

Watching a Geoguessar video, and one of the players ran across amcoolio's resturant (I think?). The other said they had an eggs benedict there on a roadtrip. Pretty cool.
amcoolio wrote: ...

the 2nd location. When the other player who ran across it posts their video, i'll post it too.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1859 » by fatlever » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 am

always watch me some geowizard vids, but this is really cool. coolio, you are geofamous!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,276

Post#1860 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 pm

That's pretty awesome. I too watch a lot of geoguessr/geowizard. Perfect way to fall asleep. That Subway has been closed for over a year. Yes we own Foggy and Sunny Rock. Thanks for the find!
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Charlotte Hornets