Off Topic VIII

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1861 » by fatlever » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm

One of these days he's gonna make it across Wales in a straight line.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,038

Post#1862 » by JDR720 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:03 am

Here is the other video.
Marino
Pro Prospect
And1: 166

Post#1863 » by Marino » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 pm

Marino wrote:I won one of those twitter giveaways today! Getting a free Hornets city jersey.

Going back to this, the City Edition jerseys are backlogged so they sent me a free Lamelo jersey that came today. Its the Teal jersey with the blue pinstripe. They said they would send me the City Edition as well once it becomes available.

Very clutch as I am taking my son to his first Hornets game next Sunday.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1864 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=qZN4P4UnwQSYK_8HqH5_BQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Off Topic VIII 

Post#1865 » by chabber » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm

Sothron wrote:
chabber wrote:
Sothron wrote:I finally got the City edition Hornets shorts to go with the City edition Lamelo jersey I got earlier. I had to call the actual team store in the arena and plead with someone there to let me buy a pair over the phone. It came in today and it looks amazing coupled with the City jersey. I already went outside with them on my driveway goal and broke them in. They look pretty good with my Grandmama Converse Aero Stars. Early Christmas present to me from my wife. I hope everyone that wants those City edition jerseys/shorts can get them. They look so good.

Good pick up! I grabbed a few versions of the LaMelo jersey. I had no idea they had the city edition shorts to match. Don't see them now at the store now. Looks like I might have to stay on the hunt.

They are hard to get. They are going for 150 to 200 USD on ebay. I refused to pay that and got the team store phone number and chatted with a manager. She actually quizzed me to see if I was a real Hornets fan (have been since LJ was drafted a lifetime ago) and after that she agreed to send me one pair since I promised this wasn't some ebay scammer. I can only suggest trying to call the store or going there if you can and see if they will hook you up. She told me their shipments are completely backed up thanks to Nike.

It took some time but finally got the city edition shorts to match the jersey delivered today! They popped up right after the Knicks win. Thanks for the tip on them because I didn’t even know they were a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#1866 » by Sothron » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:22 pm

chabber wrote:
Sothron wrote:
chabber wrote:
Good pick up! I grabbed a few versions of the LaMelo jersey. I had no idea they had the city edition shorts to match. Don't see them now at the store now. Looks like I might have to stay on the hunt.

They are hard to get. They are going for 150 to 200 USD on ebay. I refused to pay that and got the team store phone number and chatted with a manager. She actually quizzed me to see if I was a real Hornets fan (have been since LJ was drafted a lifetime ago) and after that she agreed to send me one pair since I promised this wasn't some ebay scammer. I can only suggest trying to call the store or going there if you can and see if they will hook you up. She told me their shipments are completely backed up thanks to Nike.

It took some time but finally got the city edition shorts to match the jersey delivered today! They popped up right after the Knicks win. Thanks for the tip on them because I didn’t even know they were a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome! I'm wearing either my Grandmama jersey for Hornets games or the Ball city edition jersey. Those city edition shorts are really good looking. I said it before but I will say it again: I wish they would make the city edition jerseys and arena the permanent ones after this season. They look so much better than the regular jerseys and arena floor.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#1867 » by yosemiteben » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1868 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:23 pm

sunny in philly
s15 ep3
set in 1998, mac hangs out in hornets starter jacket and hornets shirt entire episode because "everyone know the hornets have the best colors" when asked why he's not wearing philly gear.
Marino
Pro Prospect
And1: 166

Post#1869 » by Marino » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Marino wrote:
Marino wrote:I won one of those twitter giveaways today! Getting a free Hornets city jersey.

Going back to this, the City Edition jerseys are backlogged so they sent me a free Lamelo jersey that came today. Its the Teal jersey with the blue pinstripe. They said they would send me the City Edition as well once it becomes available.

Very clutch as I am taking my son to his first Hornets game next Sunday.

Coming back to this one more time. The lady who works with the Hornets confirmed to me that they finally got the City Edition jerseys back in stock and are sending me a Miles Bridges City jersey. Not a bad haul for a free giveaway.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1870 » by fatlever » Thu Mar 3, 2022 9:35 pm

the future of hoops, just casually launching 7 straight halfcourt bombs
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=CdJTbEk-xRMtZ17ctoOcAA
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,246

Post#1871 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Mar 3, 2022 9:54 pm

fatlever wrote:the future of hoops, just casually launching 7 straight halfcourt bombs
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=CdJTbEk-xRMtZ17ctoOcAA

The level of shooting skill is amazing but is it fun to watch? This will get super repetitive.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1872 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 4, 2022 1:05 pm

wtf that video is nuts
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1873 » by yosemiteben » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:29 am

Good read

Read on Twitter
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#1874 » by amcoolio » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:25 am

yosemiteben wrote:Good read

Read on Twitter

Charlotte still has an identity crisis IMO. As much as I love its sports teams it really is a bland and boring city. After going to Nashville for the NFL draft its night and day

I have no clue how they can fix it, glad I am not in charge
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#1875 » by SWedd523 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 am

That's what happens when it started as, and grew up as, a mostly business/banking city. Especially as a relatively new city compared to most other big ones out there.

The stuffiness, wine and cheese crowds, etc are too prevalent for it to develop an identity outside of cold stone and steel.

No old history like NYC, Chicago, etc, no port or coastal access (and the culture diversity that comes with it) like SF, LA, Miami. No cultural impact like Nashville, New Orleans, Philly.

Everything they've done, from the Epicenter to the NASCAR HOF has been mostly lipstick on a pig. it's even more difficult to build an identity when most of the people there drive in from the suburbs and don't really have a connection to the city.

To be fair, i haven't been back in Charlotte for probably 10 years now so i might be outdated. But that's just the view of a guy who lived in the area from 1990-2013ish
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1876 » by fatlever » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:54 pm

everything you said still remains true. and the hip areas of town are not uptown/center city, its south-end, noda, elizabeth. south-end is unrecognizable compared to even 5 yrs ago.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,462

Post#1877 » by KembaWalker » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 pm

I lived in Charlotte for essentially my entire life, moved out a month ago from living in Noda for a decade to living in Austin, Texas and its crazy being in a new place. Noda was cool but only like a couple square blocks worth, everything around it was gross, N Tryon is gross, Sugar Creek is gross, the Plaza is gross. basically surrounded by yuckiness on all sides. Great if you want to walk to a handful of breweries and restaurants, but theres nothing else. The parks suck, shopping for anything other than booze sucks. In Austin I'm within walking distance of 3 parks that are nicer than any I've seen within 30 miles of Charlotte, its cleaner, but still has that artsy charm of a Noda.

I haven't listed my condo in Charlotte for sale yet but I can't imagine going back there to live full time anymore. Epicentre failing is sad but yeah, you just don't really feel that safe walking around Charlotte anymore. It sucks. i'm sure the Music Factory is facing the same fate if it hasn't already gone belly up, haven't even thought about that place since pre-covid
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1878 » by yosemiteben » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:37 am

Went to see Goose at the Fillmore a few weeks ago, **** was packed and beers were still at $11 a pop
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#1879 » by SWedd523 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:32 am

sucks hearing it isn't safe anymore. part of the charm was how clean and safe the city was growing up.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#1880 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:26 pm

Breweries are overrated. They reek of pretentiousness and I hate when a municipality uses them as some draw for tourism
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Charlotte Hornets