ImageImage

Off Topic VIII

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Flip Murray
Hornets Forum Spelling Bee
And1: 1,987

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#81 » by Flip Murray » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:50 pm

fatlever wrote:Tuesday night is a nightmare for a sports fan w/out a DVR. Hornets v Sixers at 7PM, USA vs Guatemala at 7PM (ESPN 2) and USA (u23) vs Colombia at 9:30 (ESPN 2)

I'm just gonna assume this place has ESPN 2. I might have to choose soccer over Hornets this time considering the magnitude of the games at stake and the fact we are playing the Sixers (I hope that wasnt a jinx).

If I time everything right, I can watch Hornets game during halftime of USAvGUA, then that game will end at 9, flip over to Hornets for 4th quarter of game, then back to USAvCOL after Hornets game and hopefully only miss maybe 10 minutes at start.

Yeah I was coming to say this. I had hoped that we would have beaten Guatemala so I could give a little more attention to the Hornets but now I may be forced to pay more attention to soccer.

Is Pulisic going to get any jog?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#82 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Flip Murray wrote:

Good question. And even if he does, Klinsmann will probably play him at center back or something equally ridiculous. JK has lost the team and he has lost his mind. His lineups are just ridiculous. He's constantly changing his back 4, changing formations, changing the positions of his players, never takes any blame, plays favorites to the point of absurdity and loves playing out-of-form guys, just because. I've lost all faith in him to the point that there is a piece of me that would root for us to lose Tuesday if I knew it meant JK got fired. But, since I know Gulati wont fire him, then we are forced to keep rooting for him to succeed and get more chances.
Flip Murray
Hornets Forum Spelling Bee
And1: 1,987

Post#83 » by Flip Murray » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:40 pm

fatlever wrote:
Flip Murray wrote:

Good question. And even if he does, Klinsmann will probably play him at center back or something equally ridiculous. JK has lost the team and he has lost his mind. His lineups are just ridiculous. He's constantly changing his back 4, changing formations, changing the positions of his players, never takes any blame, plays favorites to the point of absurdity and loves playing out-of-form guys, just because. I've lost all faith in him to the point that there is a piece of me that would root for us to lose Tuesday if I knew it meant JK got fired. But, since I know Gulati wont fire him, then we are forced to keep rooting for him to succeed and get more chances.

I've been a big JK supporter but he's wearing very thin on me at this point. I'm willing to give him a little more leash but i'm down to my last excuses. With US Soccer you always have to recheck your expectations because they often get too high.

The back line is an absolute disaster. Its a complete joke. To be fair to JK Besler and Brooks got injured just prior to this game. I think that's our best CB pair. I don't like Bradley but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for having to play an unnatural role. I just think our ceiling is limited with him as our top playmaker. Mix is atrocious. How is Zardes on this team? He's not good enough.

The team is a real **** because of at its core (imo) a lack of playmakers. Bradley doesn't cut the queso. We desperately need a number 10. I'm really high on some of the young guys and maybe we need to be working them in sooner rather than later.

It seems like a joke to play Pulisic but I mean jesus christ he's getting significant minutes at Borussia Dortmund. Off the bench I think would be smart.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Post#84 » by JDR720 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:48 pm

US soccer is in a transition period, some of the old guys (Howard, Clint, Jones etc.) aren't quite good enough to carry the team anymore, the middle aged group (Bedoya, Bradley, Johnson etc) are good but not quite good enough to carry the team and the young but established players (Zardes, Jozy, Mix etc) are still figurung things out/lacks consistency.

the high upside guys are still in the youth teams/just starting to play for the top team (Pulisic, Morris, Green, Hyndman, Miazga etc) but they wont be ready to take over for a few years.

if JK gets fired, who replaces him?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#85 » by SWedd523 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:03 pm

fatlever wrote:day 3 from the road. Nice views of Mt Mitchell (the highest point in eastern US) from the mountain house this morning. Doesn't really look like much of a mountain since its just the tallest point on a long ridge.

I liked hiking around the Mitchell area. Lots of good trails out that way.

I actually just crossed west of the Mississippi for the first time yesterday. I'm out on the west coast for the next month or so. Pretty different out here in the desert
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#86 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 pm

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#87 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:56 am

▪ 4,000 residences.

▪ 500,000 square feet of shops, restaurants and other retail.

▪ 8 million square feet of office space.

whew
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#88 » by predators » Fri Apr 1, 2016 6:50 pm

fatlever wrote:Tuesday night is a nightmare for a sports fan w/out a DVR. Hornets v Sixers at 7PM, USA vs Guatemala at 7PM (ESPN 2) and USA (u23) vs Colombia at 9:30 (ESPN 2)

I'm just gonna assume this place has ESPN 2. I might have to choose soccer over Hornets this time considering the magnitude of the games at stake and the fact we are playing the Sixers (I hope that wasnt a jinx).

If I time everything right, I can watch Hornets game during halftime of USAvGUA, then that game will end at 9, flip over to Hornets for 4th quarter of game, then back to USAvCOL after Hornets game and hopefully only miss maybe 10 minutes at start.

Colombia was bigger, faster, and better with the ball. it was depressing.

JK's logic callups has never really made since to me, but I tolerated it because he did really well in the Hex and the World Cup. The results haven't been good lately though; I wouldn't lose sleep if he got fired. (Not just losing to the Guatemala, but Gold Cup\One off against Mexico was terrible.) I actually think losing to Guatemala in Guatemala is less ridiculous than it sounds. Its tough to play in Central America.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#89 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 4, 2016 3:35 am

BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#90 » by BatumtheGlue » Mon Apr 4, 2016 12:34 pm

Went to the village of my wife's parents last weekend.

The road
Spoiler:

The river
Spoiler:

And this is the best one... the snack 8-)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#91 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:30 pm

BatumtheGlue wrote:Went to the village of my wife's parents last weekend.

The road
Spoiler:

The river
Spoiler:

And this is the best one... the snack 8-)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

not sure what happened, but none of the links are showing up. can you double check? I'm eager to see the pics.

(edit: I fixed your links by removing the URL part and just leaving the image tags)

I like to think I am fairly open-minded about food, but man, I don't think you could get me to eat bugs like that. :)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#92 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:32 pm

they work for me.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#93 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:33 pm

first day back from vacation and I am stuck and home with a cold. That makes 11 consecutive days off work (Good Friday + weekend + all last week + weekend + today).

Being home today would be awesome if I gave two **** about baseball, which I don't.

Watching the Amazon original sitcom Red Oaks instead. Not bad if you like cheesy 80s nostalgia.
BatumtheGlue
Starter

Post#94 » by BatumtheGlue » Mon Apr 4, 2016 11:57 pm

fatlever wrote:not sure what happened, but none of the links are showing up. can you double check? I'm eager to see the pics.

(edit: I fixed your links by removing the URL part and just leaving the image tags)

I like to think I am fairly open-minded about food, but man, I don't think you could get me to eat bugs like that. :)

I know, it's not an usual food, lol. But you should give it a try, it feels good. It tastes like shrimp :D
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#95 » by SWedd523 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 12:04 am

What kind of critter is that?

Also, the desert kind of blows. I mean it's cool because there's no humidity, but it's damn hot out here :lol:

I've also popped a couple of nosebleeds from the dryness and the elevation sucks to run in. Definitely great views though
BatumtheGlue
Starter

Post#96 » by BatumtheGlue » Tue Apr 5, 2016 12:55 am

We called it Karotot, i'm not sure what is the english name. Cicada?
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#97 » by SWedd523 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:15 am

Hm I guess you could say those are similar enough to cicadas. But I don't think I'd want to eat one. I've had everything from insects to roadkill possum, but anything that "hatches" out of it's own skin/shell isn't very appealing to me
BatumtheGlue
Starter

Post#98 » by BatumtheGlue » Tue Apr 5, 2016 4:56 am

SWedd523 wrote:Hm I guess you could say those are similar enough to cicadas. But I don't think I'd want to eat one. I've had everything from insects to roadkill possum, but anything that "hatches" out of it's own skin/shell isn't very appealing to me

Well, it tastes and also smells good, just like shrimps :lol:
How about this one?
*not my own picture.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#99 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 11:29 am

haha. laughed out lout about the fact that Sachmo now is just simply "Diop".
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#100 » by SWedd523 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 1:26 am

Frog I'll eat all day. Delicious. Grew up chasing frogs in the stream in my backyard.

Return to Charlotte Hornets