Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,705

GT: Hornets @ Heat, Game 7, 5/1 1:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by yosemiteben » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:35 pm

For all the marbles.

Shot at redemption.

Guys are injured and tired.

Devastating loss at home leads to early road game on short turnaround.

How will we respond?

One thing this team has taught me is I am prone to underestimate how they will perform in tough circumstances. We are a team full of guys that should have a chip on their shoulders. Time to buckle up and get it done.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: GT: Hornets @ Heat, Game 7, 5/1 1:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by catch20two » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Play Lamb. He couldn't possibly be worse than Batum or Marv at this point. That's my season dying wish. All we're missing is a few offensive sparks to beat these buffoons but we haven't been really getting it because our wings are stinking it up.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#3 » by Eoghan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:36 pm

I still think Charlotte has a good chance of getting the upset. It's a big pressure game so maybe Whiteside will do something stupid and pull the Heat down.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,585

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 pm

The "others" HAVE to step up. Kemba was unreal last night. Al was solid offensively and has earned back some of my respect over these six games. After those two, did we get ANYTHING out of anyone else in game 6? Zeller was good in the 1st half and was invisible in the 2nd. Batum is basically not there due to his injury, Marvin is in the midst of a ridiculous slump (33% from outside the arc and a horrible 24.2% inside of it), Lee had a monster rebound or two but was otherwise meh, Frank wasn't doing much, and Lin is his typical roller coaster. Other than drawing fouls, he was as bad in this one as he's been all season. Not having Batum should have been a back-breaker, but we won Games 3-5 with him out or as good as out.

To win Game 7 in Miami 40 hours after this heart-breaker is going to be a daunting task to say the least. We have to live and die by the Kemba, but the others need to help him. Courtney Lee took 2 shots in over 39 minutes of game time. Zeller played less than half as many minutes as Kaminsky and thoroughly outplayed him. The offense didn't look good last night. Kemba took 30 shots out of necessity. Lee wasn't getting open for shots, Marvin was hopeless shooting, and those are guys we rely pretty strongly on for hitting 3s. Kemba was forced to make things happen himself and he very nearly did it.

After this game, you better believe Miami is going to pressure Kemba and attempt to limit his production and make the others beat them. Marvin and Lee in particular better step the **** up.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,385

Post#5 » by JDR720 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Charlotte Hornets PR ‏@HornetsPR 11m11 minutes ago

INJURY REPORT: @hornets Game 7 at MIA
Batum (L foot strain) QUESTIONABLE
Hawes (R knee sprain) OUT
MKG (R shoulder) OUT
#NBAPlayoffs

Nic didn't practice today
catch20two
RealGM

Post#6 » by catch20two » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:41 pm

I don't want to see Batum play on that sprained foot. He's hurting us 3x fold more than he's helping. I might rather see Troy Daniels than him at this point.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
catch20two
RealGM

Post#7 » by catch20two » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Win or lose this was a good and fun season. I just hope we can get this W. I think we can. I know we can win. We just have to minimize our mistakes unlike last night. We missed free throws, had careless turnovers, lacked hustle on a few loose balls, and bunked a few transition opportunities with missed layups.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#8 » by fatlever » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Assuming Nic is out, our rotation is down to 7. Cliff has to add minutes for at least 1 guy who has not been playing in the series. Will it be Hansbrough as we try to play bigger, Lamb's chance at redemption or Daniels?

I'd lean towards giving Lamb some minutes in the 2nd quarter to see how he responds. Lamb has the length to defend Johnson, he can rebound and has an inbetween game, which will be open. Daniels won't get any more room to shoot than Marvin is getting, which is none.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,253

Post#9 » by MorbidHEAT » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:08 pm

I'm a HEAT fan that comes in peace.

Before game 7 when emotions will run a little higher, wanted to give you guys props. Before the series started, I didn't think Charlotte would put up much of a fight. I saw Miami winning in 5. I was very badly mistaken.Charlotte defensive schemes of clogging the paint has been very good, especially through periods of drought where the HEAT have some invisible lid over their basket.

Charlotte has been extremely impressive for a young and upcoming team. I have good things to say about every player, except Lin, simply because I can't stand him...he just gets on my nerves. Kemba Walker is a stud. From an opposing perspective, I feel like he pushes off a lot and does the head bop a lot to get calls. Nevertheless, he is dangerous and plays with heart and energy. This series is his coming out party. Clifford has been impressive as well. He has given Spoelstra a run for his money and he's even out-coached him a couple of games this series.

As far as officiating, I am not one to complain about officiating. I feel like there has been a lot of bs touch fouls that have gone against Miami. It seems like every time Lin goes in, there's a foul call...some of them deserved and some of them are flops. I don't care what the NBA says, I feel like Wade was fouled in game 5. Nevertheless, poor execution and decision making was the reason Miami lost game 5 and every other game. Officiating is never an excuse for a loss. Wade definitely fouled Kemba last night at the end when he went to block him. That should have been called. My personal opinion is that the NBA should adopt a system in the last 2 or 3 minutes of games where the coaches could challenge a call or a non-call for review so that there can be a missed foul called or an erroneous foul removed. I would be ok with losing a game if it is a correct call.

I'm confident with the game coming into Miami on Sunday. I expect it to be another close game. I've been a HEAT fan all my life and I get tired of defending them when they do stuff like leave with minutes to go in a finals game and then knock at the door to get back in (one of the most embarrassing moments for me as a HEAT fan...the other most embarrassing moment as a HEAT fan was that ridiculous pep rally party to introduce Lebron, Wade, and Bosh...I couldn't even watch that, it was horrible). Hopefully they show up on time. I used to be a season ticket holder. I know that arena is one of the loudest in the league when they are there. I would love for HEAT fans to develop as good of a reputation as Hornets fans have. Opposing teams going into your arena has always been difficult.

Good luck tomorrow. Your team has a very bright future. May the best team win.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#10 » by bws94 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:21 pm

catch20two wrote:Play Lamb. He couldn't possibly be worse than Batum or Marv at this point. That's my season dying wish. All we're missing is a few offensive sparks to beat these buffoons but we haven't been really getting it because our wings are stinking it up.

Go with the guys that brung you here. Both Courtney and Marv could heat it up tomorrow from 3. They are the best defensive players on the team when MKG is down. Just, they have to find their game.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#11 » by bws94 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:25 pm

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:The "others" HAVE to step up. Kemba was unreal last night. Al was solid offensively and has earned back some of my respect over these six games. After those two, did we get ANYTHING out of anyone else in game 6? Zeller was good in the 1st half and was invisible in the 2nd. Batum is basically not there due to his injury, Marvin is in the midst of a ridiculous slump (33% from outside the arc and a horrible 24.2% inside of it), Lee had a monster rebound or two but was otherwise meh, Frank wasn't doing much, and Lin is his typical roller coaster. Other than drawing fouls, he was as bad in this one as he's been all season. Not having Batum should have been a back-breaker, but we won Games 3-5 with him out or as good as out.

To win Game 7 in Miami 40 hours after this heart-breaker is going to be a daunting task to say the least. We have to live and die by the Kemba, but the others need to help him. Courtney Lee took 2 shots in over 39 minutes of game time. Zeller played less than half as many minutes as Kaminsky and thoroughly outplayed him. The offense didn't look good last night. Kemba took 30 shots out of necessity. Lee wasn't getting open for shots, Marvin was hopeless shooting, and those are guys we rely pretty strongly on for hitting 3s. Kemba was forced to make things happen himself and he very nearly did it.

After this game, you better believe Miami is going to pressure Kemba and attempt to limit his production and make the others beat them. Marvin and Lee in particular better step the **** up.

Cody is banged up. He's doing the best he can. I don't sense a roller-coaster with Lin this playoff series. He's been very solid 5 out of the 6 games and instrumental in the wins. He had an off-night and it happens to the best players. Hope he gets back to form tomorrow because he's a key player. Kemba and Al and Lin are the key players and Marv and Courtney need to score while guys like Frank need to contribute some points as well. But it won't matter if Miami shoots over 50 percent again in any half. And we need to rebound.

I don't know if Miami will pressure Kemba that much. They may stick with not letting the other guys beat them. We'll see.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#12 » by BigSlam » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:48 pm

We got this.

I am very confident.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
B B M F 'ers
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#13 » by No35 » Sun May 1, 2016 12:37 am

As far as officiating, I am not one to complain about officiating.

And you proceed to complain about officiating....

Whenever I hear about a Heat fan complain about calls, any call, I tune the f out. This is why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVLTqV-fRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9RfAG87Qw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGwxHE3sXKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmom7shnrn0

https://streamable.com/olbh

https://streamable.com/6wvm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t086UwlLKsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

Dirtiest team, dirtiest player in the whole Eastern conference.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran

Post#14 » by MorbidHEAT » Sun May 1, 2016 12:48 am

No35 wrote:
As far as officiating, I am not one to complain about officiating.

And you proceed to complain about officiating....

Whenever I hear about a Heat fan complain about calls, any call, I tune the f out. This is why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVLTqV-fRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9RfAG87Qw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGwxHE3sXKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmom7shnrn0

https://streamable.com/olbh

https://streamable.com/6wvm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t086UwlLKsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

Dirtiest team, dirtiest player in the whole Eastern conference.

What I find hilarious is that you actually wasted time looking that up and that i dont care enough to click a single video. By the way, that wasn't complaining. Complaining is saying "omg, Kemba is never called for that pushoff. That's why we've lost. Omg. The officiating is horrible". Noticing stuff is not complaining. It's a product of having eyes. I said the opposite in fact. Officiating is not the reason we've lost and is never an excuse.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,205

Post#15 » by SWedd523 » Sun May 1, 2016 12:59 am

is it common to type the team name in all capitals (HEAT)?

If so, mark that down as another reason why I hate that team
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#16 » by BatumtheGlue » Sun May 1, 2016 1:06 am

Just wanna see a good game from both teams. It will be very tough to beat them at their home, but like others said, our team always surprise us. So i have no doubt we still have a good chance to win it. Lets make it rain in Miami, beat the Heat.
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#17 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun May 1, 2016 1:15 am

JDR720 wrote:Charlotte Hornets PR ‏@HornetsPR 11m11 minutes ago

INJURY REPORT: @hornets Game 7 at MIA
Batum (L foot strain) QUESTIONABLE
Hawes (R knee sprain) OUT
MKG (R shoulder) OUT
#NBAPlayoffs

Nic didn't practice today

Hawrible!

And it looks like JRich isn't injured, just has pain and would most likely play.......
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-heat-josh-richardson-game-7-20160430-story.html

Get on their nerves and beat them, JL7! It's on you!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#18 » by TheKingofSting » Sun May 1, 2016 2:02 am

I will be happy if the Heat don't shoot anywhere near 70% from the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
MorbidHEAT
Veteran

Post#19 » by MorbidHEAT » Sun May 1, 2016 2:22 am

SWedd523 wrote:is it common to type the team name in all capitals (HEAT)?

If so, mark that down as another reason why I hate that team

It used to be by the media, not sure if it still is.

I didn't come here to argue with you guys. I like to talk basketball with other fan bases. Talking to Heat fans is boring, I know what they are thinking, they don't tell me anything new. If anybody responds to my post from a basketball stand point, I'll respond. Otherwise, good luck tomorrow. May the best team win.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#20 » by Braggins » Sun May 1, 2016 2:32 am

Eoghan wrote:I still think Charlotte has a good chance of getting the upset. It's a big pressure game so maybe Whiteside will do something stupid and pull the Heat down.

Im really into this goat thing youre doing.

Return to Charlotte Hornets