ImageImage

Around the NBA 9.0

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Re: Around the NBA 9.0 

Post#41 » by Braggins » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Utah gave up a lottery pick for George Hill... Seems like picks are going to be cheap. Definitely hope we move up and/or add another pick.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#42 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:42 pm

fatlever wrote:That just took two potential destinations away from Lin - Indiana and Utah.

:banghead:

There's always the specter that there's one extra starting PG in Schroder; this trade taking another spot sucks. Another one gone in NYK(no Linsanity 2.0...), but Chicago becomes a possibility. Well, still plenty, just need one! (and there was rumor that the Hornets are looking to trade Kemba? :wink: )

fatlever wrote:We can agree that Hill isnt worth the 12. I will give you that. Hell, he was trade 4 years ago for a higher pick, the one that ended up at Leonard. Certainly he has less value now than he did when he was much younger.

Leonard was 15?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,146

Post#43 » by Snidely FC » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 pm

I just heard Geltzheiler on the radio say that Hayward doesn't just want out of UTA, he wants specifically to go to BOS to be reunited with Brad. Hayward trying to convince UTA #3 pick should be enough. UTA wants more, but what? Quin Snyder doesn't like Isaiah Thomas. Crowder + 3 enough?
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#44 » by James Gatz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 pm

If I'm Boston I don't give up 3 + Crowder when Hayward could just come in FA the next offseason.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#45 » by chabber » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

Snidely FC wrote:I just heard Geltzheiler on the radio say that Hayward doesn't just want out of UTA, he wants specifically to go to BOS to be reunited with Brad. Hayward trying to convince UTA #3 pick should be enough. UTA wants more, but what? Quin Snyder doesn't like Isaiah Thomas. Crowder + 3 enough?

Thanks I missed that segment. Love Justin Termine btw, especially with EJ. Their schtick has me lol on the regular. Regarding that report though, I wouldn't take any of the **** they have for Hayward. I'd have to know 100% he's leaving next season before I start these conversations with Boston.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,899

Post#46 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:38 am

I like the atlanta, utah, indiana deal for all sides. Just seems to fit nicely.

sometimes draft picks are overrated, especially when you already have a young team.
this might also go towards making Hayward happier
chabber
Veteran

Post#47 » by chabber » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:43 am

Diop wrote:I like the atlanta, utah, indiana deal for all sides. Just seems to fit nicely.

sometimes draft picks are overrated, especially when you already have a young team.

OT. Who makes all theses avatars like yours and what are they for? They trip me out.
Flip Murray
Hornets Forum Spelling Bee
And1: 1,987

Post#48 » by Flip Murray » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 am

Snidely FC wrote:I just heard Geltzheiler on the radio say that Hayward doesn't just want out of UTA, he wants specifically to go to BOS to be reunited with Brad. Hayward trying to convince UTA #3 pick should be enough. UTA wants more, but what? Quin Snyder doesn't like Isaiah Thomas. Crowder + 3 enough?

I could definitely see Hayward doing that
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#49 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 am

chabber wrote:
Diop wrote:I like the atlanta, utah, indiana deal for all sides. Just seems to fit nicely.

OT. Who makes all theses avatars like yours and what are they for? They trip me out.

I made this one, the bird is an off topic thing. We're doing the Euro cup this year and i drafted Hungary which I know nothing about, so I went with a Hungry jacks theme. (Australian version of Burger King)
chabber
Veteran

Post#50 » by chabber » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:06 am

Diop wrote:
chabber wrote:

I made this one, the bird is an off topic thing. We're doing the Euro cup this year and i drafted Hungary which I know nothing about, so I went with a Hungry jacks theme. (Australian version of Burger King)

Off topic board? Ok, yeah man, it's definitley the bird that gets me! Even though I have know idea what it means, it makes me wanna put one together with a hornets theme.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#51 » by BigSlam » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 am

I agree.

And with the #12 pick there will be a lot of bigs for Atlanta to choose from (Davis, Sabonis, Poeltl, Ellenson, Jones) to replace the potentially leaving Horford.
B B M F 'ers
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,561

Post#52 » by HornetJail » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:30 am

I really like both of today's trades for all parties. Chicago actually got something for Derrick Rose, and the Knicks got a low-risk, medium-to-high reward piece while clearing off future cap space. Utah needed a PG for their playoff run next season, Atlanta needs a rebuild, and I think the Pacers upgraded from Hill to Teague- but there were rumors that Teague needed knee surgery so I'm a little shaky there.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#53 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:09 am

Great scenes from Cleveland on Rich Jeffersons snap chat, really happy for the people of Cleveland. Rich has killed it with his snapchats, funny hearing the fans chanting to try and get him to play 1 more year
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#54 » by bws94 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:31 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I really like both of today's trades for all parties. Chicago actually got something for Derrick Rose, and the Knicks got a low-risk, medium-to-high reward piece while clearing off future cap space. Utah needed a PG for their playoff run next season, Atlanta needs a rebuild, and I think the Pacers upgraded from Hill to Teague- but there were rumors that Teague needed knee surgery so I'm a little shaky there.

I don't like the Rose trade being in the NY area due to how injury prone he is and how his injuries have impacted his game. But you make a good case nonetheless.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#55 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:33 am

LofJ wrote:The Knicks just torpedoed the little depth they had. If they go for a splashy free agent signing instead of finding a bunch of solid guys they're an injury or two away from being a bottom 3 team. Maybe that's their plan?

and also opened up a stack of cap room for 2017, could be a legendary tank move
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,287

Post#56 » by JDR720 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:34 am

yosemiteben wrote:Does NYK now have space for a max level FA big or no?

yea. dwight is now interested in going there.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#57 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:36 am

fatlever wrote:
Marino wrote:
BlackOutBuzz wrote:Don't love the value for Utah, giving up twelve for Hill. Plus that really kills pick values after that point. Pretty sure that means pick 22 is barely worth Felton.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They don't really need another young player. They just want a veteran PG to hold down the fort until Exum is ready to take the reigns. I don't really get it for Indiana. Not sure how Ellis and Teague will work together.

Forget Ellis, he's on a short deal and they can move him.

he is contracted at $10-11 mill until 2018/19 when he has a players option

he seems like the sorta player sacremento would trade for though
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,561

Post#58 » by HornetJail » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:36 am

JDR720 wrote:

Are they trying to win the 2009 NBA finals?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#59 » by Diop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:42 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

Are they trying to win the 2009 NBA finals?

Sorry, but Flip Murray has already beaten you to that joke.

Can't believe Dwight wants to go there, he will end up in a similar situation as Houston and LA, just rebound and defend
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,666

Post#60 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:44 am

Diop wrote:
fatlever wrote:
Marino wrote:
They don't really need another young player. They just want a veteran PG to hold down the fort until Exum is ready to take the reigns. I don't really get it for Indiana. Not sure how Ellis and Teague will work together.

Forget Ellis, he's on a short deal and they can move him.

he is contracted at $10-11 mill until 2018/19 when he has a players option

he seems like the sorta player sacremento would trade for though

well, thats not a short deal, at all.

Return to Charlotte Hornets