ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1 

Post#1401 » by LofJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Looking ahead to Golden State's cap crunch when Klay is due for an extension in 2019 we have several players that they'd likely be interested in if he wants the $30+ million he's worth on the open market. If Curry, Green, and Durant are staying put they aren't going to want draft picks or young players, they will want guys that fit their system and can contribute now. I think Batum and Frank would be enough to get him.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#1402 » by daoneandonly » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi Guys, good luck on the upcoming season. Mavs fan here and was curious to see how Hornets fan felt about a swap of Marvin Williams/Traveon Graham for Wes Matthews?

For Dallas, since Carlisle is set on Dirk at Center for now and starting Seth Curry, we need more size at the forward positions for rebounding and defense, I think Marvin can bring that and take the 4 so Barnes can play his more natural SF position. Graham I know nothing about, but needed some small piece from Cha to make the salaries work

For the Hornets, figure Frank the Tank should get the start alongside Howard, and Wes can reunite with Batum, Wes is at his best when he has two guys who cna shoulder the driving/playmaking and just get him the ball like his PDX days, Nic and Kemba can do just that.

Thoughts?
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#1403 » by Kembastockton » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:53 pm

We don't need another wing to take away from the development of our rooks unless he is a significant difference maker. Not to mention the jury is still out on Frank's readines to be a full time starter.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1404 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

I hate seeing a North Carolina kid like Ingram that was a year younger than everyone in his class floundering in the horrible culture the Lakers have going. It would be interesting if we could find a third team to send an expiring(s) to the Lakers while we take on Deng and Ingram. If Marvin and Frank continue to suck maybe Jordan will be willing to reach into his wallet and push for a trade like this.
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#1405 » by SeanBobcats » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

LofJ wrote:I hate seeing a North Carolina kid like Ingram that was a year younger than everyone in his class floundering in the horrible culture the Lakers have going. It would be interesting if we could find a third team to send an expiring(s) to the Lakers while we take on Deng and Ingram. If Marvin and Frank continue to suck maybe Jordan will be willing to reach into his wallet and push for a trade like this.

Lakers wouldn't even give up Ingram in a deal for George. I don't see this as possible without us giving up significant assets
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1406 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:
LofJ wrote:I hate seeing a North Carolina kid like Ingram that was a year younger than everyone in his class floundering in the horrible culture the Lakers have going. It would be interesting if we could find a third team to send an expiring(s) to the Lakers while we take on Deng and Ingram. If Marvin and Frank continue to suck maybe Jordan will be willing to reach into his wallet and push for a trade like this.

Lakers wouldn't even give up Ingram in a deal for George. I don't see this as possible without us giving up significant assets

The emergence of Kuzma and Ingram's really poor play have changed things. There's a chance we could get him fairly cheaply. The question is if it's worth taking on Deng to get him.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#1407 » by Braggins » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Hi Guys, good luck on the upcoming season. Mavs fan here and was curious to see how Hornets fan felt about a swap of Marvin Williams/Traveon Graham for Wes Matthews?

For Dallas, since Carlisle is set on Dirk at Center for now and starting Seth Curry, we need more size at the forward positions for rebounding and defense, I think Marvin can bring that and take the 4 so Barnes can play his more natural SF position. Graham I know nothing about, but needed some small piece from Cha to make the salaries work

For the Hornets, figure Frank the Tank should get the start alongside Howard, and Wes can reunite with Batum, Wes is at his best when he has two guys who cna shoulder the driving/playmaking and just get him the ball like his PDX days, Nic and Kemba can do just that.

Thoughts?

I'd probably do this now. I was intrigued even before the Batum injury. Probably depends on how high our staff is on Graham.
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#1408 » by SeanBobcats » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm

LofJ wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:

The emergence of Kuzma and Ingram's really poor play have changed things. There's a chance we could get him fairly cheaply. The question is if it's worth taking on Deng to get him.

Ingram's poor play? It's preseason. Kuzma's emergence (still preseason) hurts Randle more so than anyone else on the Lakers. They still value Ingram the same as they did when they wouldn't include him in a trade for PG13
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,104

Post#1409 » by JDR720 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 am

There is a zero percent chance of getting Ingram for anything less than kemba.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1410 » by LofJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:21 pm

JDR720 wrote:There is a zero percent chance of getting Ingram for anything less than kemba.

Ingram was one of the worst players in the NBA last year, albeit that isn't surprising since he was also the youngest; but he doesn't have anywhere near the value of a player on Kemba's level. The Lakers traded Russell for Lopez and a late draft pick and he has shown a lot more promise than Ingram has thus far. I also think the Lakers wouldn't have done that trade unless they were almost certain they were going to sign a big name this coming summer. The possibility of that happening goes up significantly if they have the cap space to sign two max level players, which I think has always been their plan. They need to move Deng first though, and Randle isn't going to cut it as a sweetener.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6953298

CHA sends Marvin, Lamb, and their 2018 1st
CHA receives Deng and Ingram

LAL sends Deng, Ingram, and Randle
LAL receives Favors, Johnson, Lamb, and CHA 2018 1st

UTA sends Favors and Johnson
UTA receives Marvin and Randle
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1411 » by 316Hornets » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't think the team trades for Ingram unless they decide to go into full rebuild mode and there is no indication of that happening.

If anything Ingram remaining on the Lakers makes a lot more sense because he'll have another year to develop before the Lakers add on some proven superstars.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1412 » by Benjamin Linus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Random idea... in a scenario where Dwight isn't fitting in and we're missing Batum's passing...

Charlotte out: Dwight & JOB
Charlotte in: Robin Lopez & Evan Turner

Portland out: Turner & Vonleh
Portland in: Dwight

Chicago out: Lopez
Chicago in: Vonleh & JOB

Starters: Kemba-Lamb-MKG-Marvin-Cody
Bench: Monk-Turner-Bacon-Frank-Lopez

Cody returns to the starting lineup with a legitimate backup center. Turner could start or run the point with the bench while Monk defends the point. Portland saves money by getting out of Turner's contract, who hasn't been a good fit for them. Chicago gets out of Lopez's contract and adds some young players.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1413 » by HornetJail » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Benjamin Linus wrote:Random idea... in a scenario where Dwight isn't fitting in and we're missing Batum's passing...

Charlotte out: Dwight & JOB
Charlotte in: Robin Lopez & Evan Turner

Portland out: Turner & Vonleh
Portland in: Dwight

Chicago out: Lopez
Chicago in: Vonleh & JOB

Starters: Kemba-Lamb-MKG-Marvin-Cody
Bench: Monk-Turner-Bacon-Frank-Lopez

Cody returns to the starting lineup with a legitimate backup center. Turner could start or run the point with the bench while Monk defends the point. Portland saves money by getting out of Turner's contract, who hasn't been a good fit for them. Chicago gets out of Lopez's contract and adds some young players.

yuck... I'd rather just straight up cut Dwight Howard and eat his salary than take on Evan Turner
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1414 » by Benjamin Linus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:04 am

Oh snap, I forgot to include the first from Portland. Regardless, that Turner contract is pretty brutal.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1415 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:04 pm

If Marvin and Frank continue to be the weakness of this team I wonder if Chicago would be interested in trading Mirotic to us for Marvin?
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#1416 » by Diop » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 pm

LofJ wrote:If Marvin and Frank continue to be the weakness of this team I wonder if Chicago would be interested in trading Mirotic to us for Marvin?

Bulls are rebuilding, they wouldn't want Marv, you could possibly sell them on frank
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1417 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Diop wrote:
LofJ wrote:If Marvin and Frank continue to be the weakness of this team I wonder if Chicago would be interested in trading Mirotic to us for Marvin?

Bulls are rebuilding, they wouldn't want Marv, you could possibly sell them on frank

They might want him for his locker room presence. It's important to have guys like that on your team if you have a bunch of young players, especially in light of the Mirotic/Portis fight.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1418 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 pm

No thanks. Mirotic and Frank are basically the same player, Mirotic just has worse shot selection
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#1419 » by bravor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:32 pm

If Jameer Nelson is waived, any interest for this Hornets team ? I don't speak about this because of Howard, but mostly for pg duties (organization, controlling the tempo, additionnal scoring..)
I have no idea what he has left in the tank, but i would still keep Stone who looked okay defensively at least yesterday (esp. considering other guards, even Kemba).
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1420 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:01 pm

So it's early, but here is my blow it up trades:

Groundwork - fire Cho & Cliff

Trade 1 w/ Mavs
Charlotte out: Nic & Marv
Charlotte in: Wes Matthews, McRoberts, & lightly protected 2018 1st round pick

Trade 2 w/ Phoenix
Charlotte out: Kemba & MKG
Charlotte in: Eric Bledsoe, Jared Dudley, & either their lightly protected 2018 1st round pick or Miami's pick they have.

Result: 3 1st round picks next year, better cap position, good vets to help the younger players get adjusted - so team will not repeat total tank suckage.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybv692e6
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody

Return to Charlotte Hornets