ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Re: Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1 

Post#1561 » by Bassman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:10 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:I think they'll eventually turn it around, but if this OKC team continues to not work we should try to send them Batum for George

Would love that but they would never do it. It would take far more assets, plus they wouldn't want to be saddled with the salary. If they knew George was leaving they could get more from another team.

Still I'd try. He would be a great fit here.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#1562 » by SeanBobcats » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Bassman wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:I think they'll eventually turn it around, but if this OKC team continues to not work we should try to send them Batum for George

Would love that but they would never do it. It would take far more assets, plus they wouldn't want to be saddled with the salary. If they knew George was leaving they could get more from another team.

Still I'd try. He would be a great fit here.

Of course it is probably unlikely. Definitely worth a shot though. I actually think Batum fits very well with Westbrook, probably better with that OKC team than he does here. I'm not sure what other teams would be willing to give up for him considering that he is probably a rental. Maybe Cleveland or Boston would throw an offer
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#1563 » by Lwcasu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am

Assuming you could match the salaries, does Okafor for Kaminsky make sense for this team and the 76ers? I know a lot of people are going to say Okafor would be a bad fit for this offense because he demands the ball, and is terrible on defense, but does his potential combined with the fact Frank isn't a good fit make this something that Hornets should look into?
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#1564 » by SeanBobcats » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:39 am

Frank isn't the best with this team, but him for Okafor doesn't really make sense at all. We couldn't play Okafor with Cody or Dwight.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect

Post#1565 » by Lwcasu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am

SeanBobcats wrote:Frank isn't the best with this team, but him for Okafor doesn't really make sense at all. We couldn't play Okafor with Cody or Dwight.

My thought is we could play Okafor and Marv together, and probably wouldn't be bad going small with Okafor at the 5 and Batum at the 4 or even MKG with his shot falling more consistently this year. I guess my point is, Kaminsky hasn't really shown any improvement, and if his shot isn't falling, he's not doing much else. At least with Okafor, there is potential there. I'm not sure there is any with Frank the tank. But, for the 76ers, Frank could probably be of more use, and likewise Okafor would be of more use here. Probably a net zero gain initially. Just throwing this out there.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,652

Post#1566 » by yosemiteben » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 pm

I actually like the idea of rolling the dice on Okafor generally, but I wouldn't trade Cody or Dwight for him and I don't want Cody to be a full time PF.

If we're trading Frank, which I'm not convinced is a good idea, we need a legit PF in return.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect

Post#1567 » by Lwcasu » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:11 am

yosemiteben wrote:I actually like the idea of rolling the dice on Okafor generally, but I wouldn't trade Cody or Dwight for him and I don't want Cody to be a full time PF.

If we're trading Frank, which I'm not convinced is a good idea, we need a legit PF in return.

But, is Frank Kaminsky a legit PF? My whole perspective is, roll the dice and get the better player. Let the pieces work themselves out later.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#1568 » by Kilo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 am

Okafor would be a rental though assuming you could rehab his value enough during the ROS. Acquiring team can only offer him what he would have earned under his 4th year of his rookie deal, but any other team can offer him any amount as a FA.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1569 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Lwcasu wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:I actually like the idea of rolling the dice on Okafor generally, but I wouldn't trade Cody or Dwight for him and I don't want Cody to be a full time PF.

But, is Frank Kaminsky a legit PF? My whole perspective is, roll the dice and get the better player. Let the pieces work themselves out later.

Frank isn't a legit anything. He's a shooter who can't shoot and can't guard anyone too big or anyone too athletic. I think we need to trade him for an actual shooter, at whatever position that may end up being. Marvin, MKG, and Zeller can handle all the PF minutes, Marvin gets starter minutes, MKG and Zeller get 8-10 mpg each. MKG playing some PF minutes also opens up minutes for our crowded wing rotation.

And I have absolutely zero interest in Jahlil Okafor's apathetic no-defense ass
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#1570 » by Diop » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:21 am

Batum for Dellavedova and Teletovic? get a backup point guard and a consistent shooting 4.

Then trade Frank for BPA

Edit: Cripes just saw that Teletovic is out for 4 weeks after knee surgery, would have to be Henson who seems pretty meh

I think we would have to include Frank to give them depth, maybe get one of DJ Wilson or Vaughn in return.

I think I've talked myself out of it, no deal. Sorry Mr Kidd.
I would be a frustrating GM to deal with :lol:
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#1571 » by Braggins » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:Frank isn't a legit anything. He's a shooter who can't shoot and can't guard anyone too big or anyone too athletic. I think we need to trade him for an actual shooter, at whatever position that may end up being. Marvin, MKG, and Zeller can handle all the PF minutes, Marvin gets starter minutes, MKG and Zeller get 8-10 mpg each. MKG playing some PF minutes also opens up minutes for our crowded wing rotation.

2017 Clifford still thinks not having a PF and C on the court together for pretty much the entire game is playing the wrong way and won't play anyone up a position because then we might not be the GOAT defensive rebounding team. I don't understand how anyone is ok with our coaching situation.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1572 » by Diop » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:01 am

Batum played Pf for Portland occasionally, he can hold it down as well.

Utah fan said he would trade Rubio and Burks for Batum.

Start Lamb have Rubio come off the bench and play alongside Kemba?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#1573 » by Braggins » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:24 am

Diop wrote:Batum played Pf for Portland occasionally, he can hold it down as well.

I think I'd be all over that trade unless Rubio sucks now and I wasn't aware of it. Both guys contracts also come off the books after next season, so even if the trade was a lateral move in terms of on court value, it would be a huge win getting out of Batum's contract.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1574 » by 316Hornets » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 am

Diop wrote:Batum played Pf for Portland occasionally, he can hold it down as well.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Burks is pretty awful so we'd have to see if we could move him somewhere else, but getting Batum's contract out of here and fixing the pg problem is worth a little extra baggage.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1575 » by Diop » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:52 am

Burks is a 26 year old, 6'6 shooting guard who once averaged 14pts a game for a season and is a solid 3 point shooter. we've had worse backup guards before, he could fill in for a bit.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#1576 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Can Marvin Williams play any three or is he a pure PF these days? How available would he be for trade?
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#1577 » by Snidely FC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:56 pm

desparate times MKG trades:

to PHX for Jared Dudley + Davon Reed
to MIL for Delavedova + Dj Wilson (or 1st rd pick)
to NYK for Courtney Lee + Willy Hernangomez
to SAC for Garrett Temple + 1st Rd pick
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1578 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Charlotte out: Nic Batum, MCW, protected 2019 pick
Charlotte in: Lou Williams & Greg Monroe

Phoenix out: Greg Monroe, Tyson Chandler, protected 2018 pick
Phoenix in: DeAndre Jordan, MCW, Packtric Beverley

Clippers out: DeAndre Jordan, Lou Williams
Clippers in: Nic Batum, Tyson Chandler, 2 picks

Clips get to move Blake to center long term, while getting back a guy who can man the middle until he is healthy again. Nic fits their team, giving them a solid starting 2/3 who can pass and shoot with existing guards & Blake. They get some long term protection by getting two picks back in this trade.

Phoenix addresses their two weaknesses, PG & C. MCW can handle starting or backup PG for them this year, and Beverly can do so next year. Phoenix might need DeAndre to opt in to his final year in order to make this trade.

Charlotte gets a guy who can legitimately step into Kemba's role when he sits. Monroe can be used to enable a potential follow-up trade of Frank or Zeller ... or just be there for additional depth. Charlotte is trading a pick to make up for the difference in contract lengths. They get a bit of potential cap relief after this year.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1579 » by 316Hornets » Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:46 am

Inspired by the Spurs mention in the Batum thread, I'd like to do

Tony Parker, Danny Green
for
Nic Batum, Jeremy Lamb

Yes, we lose out on a promising young player in Lamb, but we shed a contract that could very easily haunt us for years to come. Trade machine has this as -7 wins for us this year and +4 wins for the Spurs. If we wanted to tank after making this trade, we could even buyout Parker. This will set us up for a top 7 draft pick and plenty of money to spend on Kemba and better pieces to fit around him.

If we could convince the Spurs to take Frank instead of Lamb, I would prefer that. I'd even throw in a 2nd round draft pick.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1580 » by Benjamin Linus » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:43 am

Batum for George Hill

I think Nic would fit in pretty well with Sacramento. They signed all these vets, but they'd be better off letting Fox and Hield start and get more playing time and they don't really have a SF (it looks like they're starting Garrett Temple). I think he'd be better for that team than Hill. Plus Batum is like 2-3 years younger.

For us, Hill's contract is a year shorter and decreases each year while Batum's salary keeps going up. Hill could be our backup PG and see a lot of playing time with the starters. He had a really good year last year, I think he'd look a lot better playing for a team with a little more talent.

Return to Charlotte Hornets