Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Re: Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread 

Post#21 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 5, 2017 1:25 am

Braggins wrote:Not as good as Hawes thread name *pats self on the back* but I like it.

Nothing will ever beat Haweswitdaball
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#22 » by HornetJail » Sun Feb 5, 2017 5:41 am

I liked what I saw from him today. He had his blunders and moments where you could tell he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer as far as BBIQ goes, but overall I think he's a really good fit. Had a couple nice cuts, a good hook shot, couple nice blocks, good screens, good rebounds... I think Clifford's going to make something out of him. I just hope that him being gassed tonight was just a product of the fact Milwaukee didn't play him much, and that it isn't a reflection of really low stamina.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#23 » by Snidely FC » Thu Feb 9, 2017 1:05 pm

from Gaston Gazette on Plumlee
"He's three or four minutes and he's shot. He wasn't playing much at all (in Milwaukee) so his conditioning level is far below what we need it to be for him to play many minutes."

Plumlee admits as much. "As I get into better shape, I really be able to do those things for the team."
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#24 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 1:22 pm

Snidely FC wrote:from Gaston Gazette on Plumlee
"He's three or four minutes and he's shot. He wasn't playing much at all (in Milwaukee) so his conditioning level is far below what we need it to be for him to play many minutes."

Plumlee admits as much. "As I get into better shape, I really be able to do those things for the team."

you could definitely see it on plays like this (the two videos combine into the same moment):

http://stats.nba.com/events/#!/?flag=1&GameID=0021600760&GameEventID=135&Season=2016-17&title=Johnson%20REBOUND%20(Off:0%20Def:3)&sct=plot

http://stats.nba.com/events/#!/?flag=1&GameID=0021600760&GameEventID=137&Season=2016-17&title=Gobert%20REBOUND%20(Off:1%20Def:2)&sct=plot
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#25 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 9, 2017 1:45 pm

I'll be honest, I'm a little annoyed with his conditioning. Doesn't seem very professional to let it go that much. Maybe it speaks to how bad things were for him in MIL that he didn't think it was worth staying in game shape.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#26 » by 316Hornets » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:00 pm

For those that believe Plumlee's contract is terrible, could you please tell me what center you believe this summer is going to cost the same and be that much better? In my opinion, the NBA landscape has changed and 7 foot back-up centers are now commanding this much. It is the new standard. Al Jefferson, older and more injury prone, is making just 2 million less. Biyambo, who likely would have played a similar role, is making 17 mil this year. Obviously, if we could go back in time, the team could have locked Biyambo in for a smaller price, but that just isn't possible with the increased salary cap.

The only guy I could see maybe, Aron Baynes, but what are the chances Charlotte would be able to land him and not overpay? And, he's only 6-10, so we'd probably face the same problem as last years playoff series against the Heat.

Here's Van Gundy pretty much summarizing my point.
“Aron Baynes is a very good player,” Van Gundy said. “I shouldn’t be saying anything to increase his value, but he’s a very good player and if he and his agents look around at what some of those guys got who were backups — (Bismack) Biyombo, (Ian) Mahinmi, guys like that — and what they signed contracts for, more than double what Aron’s making, it’s not too hard to figure out that the guy is probably going to opt out and take his chances in the open market. He’s a highly productive guy at a very reasonable salary, so that doesn’t surprise at all.” 1 week ago – via Booth Newspapers
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#27 » by Eoghan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:23 am

If that's what backup C's are costing now, then you should probably draft one that's worth a **** instead of trying to convert everybody over 7 feet tall into stretch fours.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,107

Post#28 » by JDR720 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:31 am

Its the length not the money.

He is 28 and on a 4yr deal, that means we will have a 32yr old plumlee making 12.5 million eventually. No upside, doesn't make us much better and he helps us become capped out along with a few other overpaid older players. We are very likely to become the worst treadmill you can be, the 8th seed or 14th pick one.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#29 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 am

I dont have a problem with his age or contract. Just kinda pisses me off he isnt in great shape
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread 

Post#30 » by yosemiteben » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:00 am

Eoghan wrote:If that's what backup C's are costing now, then you should probably draft one that's worth a **** instead of trying to convert everybody over 7 feet tall into stretch fours.

Like Cody?
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#31 » by Eoghan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:07 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Eoghan wrote:If that's what backup C's are costing now, then you should probably draft one that's worth a **** instead of trying to convert everybody over 7 feet tall into stretch fours.

Like Cody?

Cody's not really worth a **** either, he's just decidedly the least **** big man we've got. We drafted him to play the 4 b/c he's small for the 5. His game is much more suited for the 5 so he plays much better there. But he's small for the 5 so he gets injured all the time. We really suck at drafting and developing players.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread 

Post#32 » by yosemiteben » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Eoghan wrote:Cody's not really worth a **** either, he's just decidedly the least **** big man we've got.

That's obviously not true, why even go at him like that?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#33 » by yosemiteben » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Cliff spends a minute talking about what he sees in Miles:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article131983064.html
Eoghan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread 

Post#34 » by Eoghan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:15 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Eoghan wrote:Cody's not really worth a **** either, he's just decidedly the least **** big man we've got.

Obviously since teams are constantly beating down our door for him.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Comfortably Plum - the Miles Plumlee Thread 

Post#35 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:37 am

Nm
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#36 » by Eoghan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:41 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
Eoghan wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

Just ignore park ranger. He is obviously a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm quite aware Ben can't take off his rose colored glasses. I just pretend he's like Cyclops from the X-men and is trying to use his powers for good. Cody is a pivotal piece for us but his relative value around the league probably isn't that great, especially if he can't stay healthy.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#37 » by yosemiteben » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:28 am

Eoghan wrote:Cody is a pivotal piece for us but his relative value around the league probably isn't that great, especially if he can't stay healthy.

Quite the pivot from "Cody is a **** center" to "his relative trade value isn't as great," especially when your original critique was that we haven't drafted any non-shitty Cs.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#38 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 am

Eoghan wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:
Eoghan wrote:Obviously since teams are constantly beating down our door for him.

Just ignore park ranger. He is obviously a troll.

Oh I'm quite aware Ben can't take off his rose colored glasses. I just pretend he's like Cyclops from the X-men and is trying to use his powers for good. Cody is a pivotal piece for us but his relative value around the league probably isn't that great, especially if he can't stay healthy.

You do realize that the modern writers turned Cyclops evil. He killed Prof. X and turned into a mutant terrorist. No lie. I hated every second of it.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#39 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:08 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
Eoghan wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

Edit

Comments like that are uncalled for.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#40 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:17 am

I apologize for name calling and edited my post. It's still in yours though fats. Times are tough and I'm just tired of mediocrity and can't see how anyone can spin anything Hornets related right now as being positive.

President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Charlotte Hornets