Hornets sign MCW

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,656

Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#321 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:50 pm

catch20two wrote:MCW could make each and every last one of his uncontested layups on the season and still have sub-40% shooting. You see?

But if he was shooting career averages FG% wise we wouldn't care if he missed layups here and there. You see?
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#322 » by catch20two » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:MCW could make each and every last one of his uncontested layups on the season and still have sub-40% shooting. You see?

But if he was shooting career averages FG% wise we wouldn't care if he missed layups here and there. You see?

You probably wouldn’t but I would because he’d still be a heavily negative net player. I knew exactly what he was coming into the season and I didn’t need to look at numbers to tell me like you did.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#323 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 pm

catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

You probably wouldn’t but I would because he’d still be a heavily negative net player.
Excellent use of imaginary advanced stats.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#324 » by catch20two » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:55 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:But if he was shooting career averages FG% wise we wouldn't care if he missed layups here and there. You see?

You probably wouldn’t but I would because he’d still be a heavily negative net player.
Excellent use of imaginary advanced stats.

There’s nothing imaginary about him being a inefficient player throughout his career long before we signed him. Are you okay?
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#325 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 pm

He hasn't always been a net negative player. He's had positive VORP and win shares the majority of his career. If he was shooting 50% TS instead of 39.5%, he would be a positive contributor to the bench.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#326 » by Joest2003 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:13 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:Courtesy of Reddit

Michael Carter-Williams vs. Celtics 12 MIN, 0 PTS (0-5 FG), 2 AST, 2 REB, 1TO

Cringe worthy. Worst professional basketball player I have ever seen and I swear that's not an exaggeration. The second unit stands absolutely no chance with this guy on the floor. How the coaching staff is still letting him bring the ball up the court and control the second unit is beyond me. I honestly feel bad for anyone playing along side him.

At what point do we call this a slap in the face to Monk? Dude is getting DNPCD while MCW is doing that on a nightly basis. Unfu#%ingbelievable.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#327 » by catch20two » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:15 pm

yosemiteben wrote:He hasn't always been a net negative player. He's had positive VORP and win shares the majority of his career. If he was shooting 50% TS instead of 39.5%, he would be a positive contributor to the bench.

He indeed has been a negative net player everywhere he’s played. Show me one full season where the team has had a positive net rating playing him throughout his career.

He also hasn’t had a positive BPM not one season of his career.

And don’t talk to me about MCW having a 50% TS when he hasn’t not once in his career.

When you come for me, come correct, son.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#328 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Looking at his career stats a bit, this is the lowest usage and minutes he's had so maybe that is a part of his struggles. Not that he deserves more, but perhaps he was able to post underwhelming but not embarrassing efficiency when he was getting more usage and PT.

Reality though is that he's not getting more here, and if he can't dramatically increase his efficiency within his current role then there is no point in continuing that role.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#329 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

catch20two wrote:He indeed has been a negative net player everywhere he’s played. Show me one full season where the team has had a positive net rating playing him throughout his career.

Team net rating =/= net impact of individual player

catch20two wrote:And don’t talk to me about MCW having a 50% TS when he hasn’t not once in his career.

Didn't say he had (insert flavor of "reading carefully" insult you enjoy so much), I said if he did.

I will legit ban you if you keep calling me son, so let's stop that.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#330 » by catch20two » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:11 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I will legit ban you if you keep calling me son, so let's stop that.

It’s Yankee slang B lol.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#331 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:18 pm

catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:I will legit ban you if you keep calling me son, so let's stop that.

It’s Yankee slang B lol.
Comment still stands. Stop.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#332 » by catch20two » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:He indeed has been a negative net player everywhere he’s played. Show me one full season where the team has had a positive net rating playing him throughout his career.

Team net rating =/= net impact of individual player

I’m telling that no team has ever had a plus net rating with him on the floor.

I’m telling you that he’s always had a negative box +/- each season of his career. That’s a individual stat that doesn’t account for team play.

That means that he’s always been a negative net player that lose you more than you gain. Silence!

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:And don’t talk to me about MCW having a 50% TS when he hasn’t not once in his career.

Didn't say he had (insert flavor of "reading carefully" insult you enjoy so much), I said if he did.

What if MKG was LeBron? Reality is that he isn’t. Reality is that MCW never shot at least 50% TS. I don’t operate on hypotheticals when debating.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#333 » by mrknowitall215 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I would like to know what is 'yosemiteben' intention in defending MCW on this forum? Is he trying to advocate that MCW is in all actuality a good player outside of this lone season? Is he trying to support the signing of MCW by the front office? Is he just antagonistic towards anything 'catch20two' believe in? I just don't get it, but I'm starting to lean towards the latter
Joest2003
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#334 » by Joest2003 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:

It’s Yankee slang B lol.
Comment still stands. Stop.

Gonna ban someone for saying "common son"
:lol: :lol: :lol: wowww

Who made this guy a mod anyway? All you do is argue and antagonize people constantly. You literally put words in my mouth and put it in quotes few weeks ago just to argue.

You have been arguing for days now on behalf of MCW. the worst rotation player the NBA has ever seen. Your great take from yesterday was that Lamb was responsible for the bench problems and forced catch to admit it. You got problems bud.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#335 » by Joest2003 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:I would like to know what is 'yosemiteben' intention in defending MCW on this forum? Is he trying to advocate that MCW is in all actuality a good player outside of this lone season? Is he trying to support the signing of MCW by the front office? Is he just antagonistic towards anything 'catch20two' believe in? I just don't get it, but I'm starting to lean towards the latter

100% the latter. Been saying this for years now. Only a matter or time before the other mods take note of this if they haven't already.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#336 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:I would like to know what is 'yosemiteben' intention in defending MCW on this forum? Is he trying to advocate that MCW is in all actuality a good player outside of this lone season? Is he trying to support the signing of MCW by the front office? Is he just antagonistic towards anything 'catch20two' believe in? I just don't get it, but I'm starting to lean towards the latter
Feels like I've been clear...

MCW's performance this season is not reflective of his past performance. Establishing that fact and exploring it is helpful in diagnosing the problem with this team.

I'm arguing that MCW has never played this poorly, and if he played more in line with his historical performance our bench would be better. He obviously isn't, so the question is (a) why and (b) whether he is capable of doing so.

Will ignore the commentary, but feel free to PM other mods or admins if you so choose. Would consider past interactions with other mods (both here and on other boards) in deciding if that's with the effort though.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#337 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Lol. Let's all relaaaax
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#338 » by mrknowitall215 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:25 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Feels like I've been clear...

MCW's performance this season is not reflective of his past performance. Establishing that fact and exploring it is helpful in diagnosing the problem with this team.

I'm arguing that MCW has never played this poorly, and if he played more in line with his historical performance our bench would be better. He obviously isn't, so the question is (a) why and (b) whether he is capable of doing so.

Will ignore the commentary, but feel free to PM other mods or admins if you so choose. Would consider past interactions with other mods (both here and on other boards) in deciding if that's with the effort though.

There’s nothing clear about your assumption that if MCW played based on his career numbers that the Hornets’ bench would be okay when he’s tankered net ratings every team he’s been on. You thinking that is the definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and over expecting different results, Milwaukee and Chicago quickly relieved themselves of MCW’s services because he hurt the team more than he helped whether he was starting or coming off the bench

You keep mentioning percentages but percentages don’t tell the full story on MCW’s style of play, and even if you did use percentages he’d still be one of if not the most inefficient guard in the league based on his career numbers before Charlotte

The truth of the matter is that MCW is currently shooting 25% from the field and that’s just part of his problem because even when he was shooting 45% in previous outings he still was hurting those team’s bottom line

At this point Charlotte has a better chance of turning Monk into Kemba 2.0 than turning MCW into Shaun Livingston 2.0. MCW is what he is, and that’s a player that’s not quite cut out for the NBA
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#339 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Cool, you disagree with my argument. I'm fine with that. Just don't act like I haven't been clear about what that argument is or like there is some nefarious intent.
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#340 » by mrknowitall215 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 am

Your argument just doesn’t make any sense and defies logic. That’s why I don’t understand what your stance is. Probably what’s more irrational about your argument is that you’re so adamant about it when you don’t have any grounds to stand on

Return to Charlotte Hornets