ImageImage

Hornets sign MCW

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#361 » by Braggins » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 am

Lmao. I forgot about Dy_Nasty. He was probably the most anti-Kemba person on this forum and he completely stopped posting as soon as Kemba got good.

MCW = significantly more upside than Kemba... Lol
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#362 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:44 am

Braggins wrote:Lmao. I forgot about Dy_Nasty. He was probably the most anti-Kemba person on this forum and he completely stopped posting as soon as Kemba got good.

There were several of them. There was Sik Infant, thruthefire, leolovinliberal, and even BigSlam. I can’t remember them all but there were more anti-Kemba people than pro-Kemba people for years. Biz was more respected than Kemba when I came onto this board.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#363 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:53 am

yosemiteben wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:Your argument just doesn’t make any sense and defies logic. That’s why I don’t understand what your stance is. Probably what’s more irrational about your argument is that you’re so adamant about it when you don’t have any grounds to stand on

It's not an irrational argument. What is not disputed:

(A) MCW has shot significantly below historical averages.

(B) Our bench has been terrible offensively.

A directly impacts B. Increasing MCW's efficiency would increase our bench's offense. What is being argued is the extent of the hypothetical improvement, but the principle that there would be at least some improvement is not really debatable and not irrational.

(A) MCW has been one of the most inefficient point guards in the league for several years now. Yes, he's currently shooting significantly below his historical averages of already historical levels of inefficiency, which is every reason for the coaching staff to stop playing him, but they're still playing him. That's the reason for all of the commotion, ranting & raving that you keep trying to defend for whatever reason

(B) The bench is terrible offensively because of MCW. Every offense that MCW has been a part of throughout his career has been terrible due to his presence
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#364 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:06 am

catch20two wrote:
Braggins wrote:Lmao. I forgot about Dy_Nasty. He was probably the most anti-Kemba person on this forum and he completely stopped posting as soon as Kemba got good.

There were several of them. There was Sik Infant, thruthefire, leolovinliberal, and even BigSlam. I can’t remember them all but there were more anti-Kemba people than pro-Kemba people for years. Biz was more respected than Kemba when I came onto this board.

Those were the good ole days. I may be wrong but I think every mod except 'JDR720' was anti-Kemba during the early stages. I believe 'thruthefire' was a friend of DJ Augustin's so he was bitter about Kemba making him expendable in Charlotte. 'Leolovinliberal' said that Myck Kabongo is guaranteed to be better than Kemba. 'Fatlever' and I did bets on who would turn out better out of Kemba and Eric Bledsoe. 'Sik Infant' wasn't a big fan of Kemba and changed his username to go incognito. It's a extremely long list of posters that weren't in favor of Kemba until maybe a season or two ago
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#365 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 am

catch20two wrote:

Is this real?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#366 » by Braggins » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 am

Thinking Bledsoe, or someone on that level, would be better than Kemba was totally reasonable, but i remember some posters throwing out names like MCW, Tyler Ennis, and Tony Wroten, as players that were better than Kemba.
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#367 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:22 am

Braggins wrote:Thinking Bledsoe, or someone on that level, would be better than Kemba was totally reasonable, but i remember some posters throwing out names like MCW, Tyler Ennis, and Tony Wroten, as players that were better than Kemba.

By all means it was totally reasonable. Still could shake out one way or the other with the remaining years of their career as well. I remember some wanting to trade Kemba "while he had value" to draft Tyler Ennis who was allegedly a sure bet to be better than Kemba. You can add Brandon Knight to that list. I remember engaging in debates about Marcus Smart assuredly would be better than Kemba. The list could really go on
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#368 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 am

Kemba's FG% was below .400 for 3 of his first 4 years. He got far fewer assists than most folks were used to seeing from PGs at the time. His defense was abysmal his first two years. It's very much to his credit that he has become the player he is today, but it shouldn't be shocking that many folks weren't on the Kemba bandwagon early on. I'll be the first to admit that for those first 4 years I thought that drafting Kemba had probably been a mistake.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
catch20two
RealGM

Post#369 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Kemba's FG% was below .400 for 3 of his first 4 years. He got far fewer assists than most folks were used to seeing from PGs at the time. His defense was abysmal his first two years. It's very much to his credit that he has become the player he is today, but it shouldn't be shocking that many folks weren't on the Kemba bandwagon early on. I'll be the first to admit that for those first 4 years I thought that drafting Kemba had probably been a mistake.

Looking at those teams was beyond the percentages. Kemba had a 15+ PER and positive BPM every season except his rookie season. Even while inefficient he was the team’s brightest glimmer of hope.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#370 » by yosemiteben » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 am

MCW thread

Let's continue in Kemba thread.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#371 » by DY_nasty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 pm

hell yeah its real

edit: lmao i'm showing that to my friends :lol:
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#372 » by Robot Rock » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:28 pm

leolovinliberal was hilariously wrong every time he clicked "Submit."
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#373 » by countryboi » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

this dude is trash....he is bad at pretty much everything on offense but shoots the ball like he is good at it.....i would rather let Monk get those minutes
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
catch20two
RealGM

Post#374 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 pm

If I ever was in this predicament MCW would instantly become my best friend in the whole entire world.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#375 » by HornetJail » Mon Jan 1, 2018 1:12 am

can someone with a twitter please tweet that at MCW
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#376 » by Eoghan » Mon Jan 1, 2018 4:35 am

"Saving Lives" the MCW thread.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#377 » by Lwcasu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

If MCW could make a layup, how much different would he be from Lonzo Ball?
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#378 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Lwcasu wrote:If MCW could make a layup, how much different would he be from Lonzo Ball?

Quite a bit. Ball has a pass first mentality and loves to get his teammates involved. He has amazing court vision too.

MCW can run an offense but his mindset looks really different to me. He lacks good court vision and he frequently is obviously looking for his own shot rather than trying to get the team running smoothly.

MCW might have been an interesting prospect back before shooting was so critical.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#379 » by HornetJail » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Lwcasu wrote:If MCW could make a layup, how much different would he be from Lonzo Ball?

Ball actually has court vision. MCW is roughly one Lonzo Ball away from being Lonzo Ball.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#380 » by Robot Rock » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

MCW isn't even as good as Gelo, let alone Lonzo. He's Cory Higgins on an off night.

Return to Charlotte Hornets