ImageImage

2012 NBA Re draft

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Re: 2012 NBA Re draft 

Post#21 » by _tijo_ » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:54 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Agreed tijo, just to clarify my position, the specific question by the OP, whose post for some reason I no longer see at the top of the thread was who would you pick in a redraft. His post included a link to a '12 Redraft which he seemed to want people to comment on, and which had Green at #2. I think current Green would be terrific next to Nic, Kemba, Cody, Frank.

if we were to talk about what actually happened in 2012, then I would rather discuss the ethics of a draft where the NBA owned and sold a New Orleans team six weeks prior a draft in which New Orleans miraculously and against significant odds jumped over the worst team in NBA history to score the #1 pick. If that had been a team in NY instead of CHA we'd still hear about it every day. #conspiracytheorist #wewasrobbed #fneworleans #fdavidstern

Gotcha Snidely... didn't see the original post, I get it now. Basically the question is: if all the players from the 2012 draft suddenly became free agents and got repicked right now by teams in the same draft order, but with their 2017 rosters, who would be the pick by Charlotte in the 2 slot? Which is a super hypothetical question that really doesn't have any relevance to real life, but hey, it's the off-season. But if that's the question, I'm not sure if Draymond doesn't go first over Ant.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#22 » by Kembastockton » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:12 pm

At the time this was one of the drafts were my wishes were way off with the first pick and dead on with the second. I was in favor of taking Thomas Robinson at two and Draymond at 31. If we could redraft I would take Lillard and Green. As much as I love Kemba, Damian is a better point guard.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#23 » by Diop » Wed Aug 9, 2017 7:42 am

James Gatz wrote:
Diop wrote:Lol, I thought he was only 6'2-3, don't where I got that from

He was 6'3 during the draft but it's been reported he's grown a few inches since then.

So i didn't dream it up. That's something at least

Return to Charlotte Hornets