Fire up the tank! 

Post#1 » by GoBobs » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:42 am

I have seen enough. :banghead:
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Fire up the tank! 

Post#2 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:48 am

It’s already begun. Clifford pulling a Urban Meyer. Silas “7-59” Jr. is at the helm. Kemba unhappy. Dwight smiling. Batum is expressionless. Cho twiddling his thumbs. MJ can’t find his box of cigars.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,271

Post#3 » by JDR720 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:49 am

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,734

Post#4 » by 316Hornets » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:57 am

The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#5 » by Eoghan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:02 am

-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#6 » by -Ian- » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:07 am

It sucks that Kemba and Stephen Silas would have to endure another tanking season. Sigh.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#7 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:23 am

-Ian- wrote:It sucks that Kemba and Stephen Silas would have to endure another tanking season. Sigh.

I think Silas is part of the problem. I’ve been on that limb for a while.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#8 » by HoopsMalone » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:47 am

After seeing that Dwight took TWENTY THREE SHOTS tonight I think it's clear Silas needs to go too.

I know we didnt have Lamb but still...

The problem is this is really a 5 man draft and we won't finish bottom 5. We really need Luka man
ammofan
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#9 » by ammofan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:25 am

HoopsMalone wrote:After seeing that Dwight took TWENTY THREE SHOTS tonight I think it's clear Silas needs to go too.

The problem is this is really a 5 man draft and we won't finish bottom 5. We really need Luka man

Honestly who tf else is going to take the shots? At least Dwight is gunning for it. Nic doesn't want them. Monk can't make them. MKG/Tre/Bacon? LOL.
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#10 » by HoopsMalone » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:30 am

ammofan wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:After seeing that Dwight took TWENTY THREE SHOTS tonight I think it's clear Silas needs to go too.

Honestly who tf else is going to take the shots? At least Dwight is gunning for it. Nic doesn't want them. Monk can't make them. MKG/Tre/Bacon? LOL.

At this point I'm totally fine with Kemba shooting on each and every possession. Let's see if he can score 85 or something
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#11 » by Joest2003 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:38 am

Were like a bunch of abused spouses. No matter how much pain the Hornets put us through we still come back for more knowing exactly whats going to happen. With that said I cant wait for tomorrow night to see them against the Lakers.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#12 » by -Ian- » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:42 am

Joest2003 wrote:Were like a bunch of abused spouses. No matter how much pain the Hornets put us through we still come back for more knowing exactly whats going to happen. With that said I cant wait for tomorrow night to see them against the Lakers.

I really hope they win tomorrow. I can only imagine what Lavar would say if Lonzo plays well against us and the Lakers win. :banghead:
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#13 » by Joest2003 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:09 am

-Ian- wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Were like a bunch of abused spouses. No matter how much pain the Hornets put us through we still come back for more knowing exactly whats going to happen. With that said I cant wait for tomorrow night to see them against the Lakers.

I really hope they win tomorrow. I can only imagine what Lavar would say if Lonzo plays well against us and the Lakers win. :banghead:

Probably something about beating MJ 1 on 1. I see no way we beat anyone at this point. We are just horrible. Not to mention Cody,Lamb, and Frank are all injured. Lonzo will get a triple double and the Lakers will blow us out
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,734

Post#14 » by 316Hornets » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:12 am

I posted that pic of Dwight, but honestly, I don't think we can even think about tanking yet. Our schedule becomes much easier in the 2nd half and it wouldn't surprise me for us to rack up some wins even if we're down a few players.

We'd really have to commit, like trading Kemba and starting MCW, if we were really going to tank. And, that would be just disaster from a marketing standpoint. MJ would never go with it, nor should he. There's got to be a way we can make some moves and not get so embarrassed. Our talent level is not really that far off from a competing team. It's just going to take someone with more vision than Cliff & Cho probably.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#15 » by Braggins » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:31 am

316Hornets wrote:I posted that pic of Dwight, but honestly, I don't think we can even think about tanking yet. Our schedule becomes much easier in the 2nd half and it wouldn't surprise me for us to rack up some wins even if we're down a few players.

We regularly lose to the easy teams, even when healthy, and even when we beat them its in completely uninspiring fashion where get lucky and/or barely eek out the victory.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#16 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:47 pm

We're a 30-35 win team. I've made peace with it. Clean house in the summer, Cliff, Silas, Cho, and any player over the age of...(checks Kemba's age) 27 needs to get traded.

Use Frank to move Batum for a young player or a decent draft pick plus guys who expire next year (same as Dwight). Dwight is fine, he's more useful than Batum imo and becomes a massive expiring next summer. Batum is the guy who will hurt our future, my focus would be to have all our big deals expire with Dwight's next year. Add the 2017 lotto pick to the young guys, plus whatever we get for Batum/Frank, and install a modern pace and space system with our talented wings and all-star PG.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#17 » by catch20two » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:40 pm

We could honestly put up this very same result and effort if we surrrounded Kemba with just our rookies and fill out the rest of the roster with D-League players.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#18 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm

We are 1.5 games away from being tied for the fourth worst record in the league. We should shut Batum down for his elbow injury, be super conservative with all injuries, reduce Kembas minutes, give Monk 20+ mpg, and ride Dwight until we can hopefully trade him for no loss or maybe even a bit of value (trade Batum too if possible). I'm not sure if I actually see us breaking into the top four. It will be very difficult to out tank Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, and Sacramento, but even the 5th pick in this draft would be great.

I feel like this is the only way we are going to be able to fix the team at this point. Its still a long shot to work, but if we want to keep Kemba we have to do something fast to show him that he wouldn't be an idiot to resign here. Continuing the same failed path will pretty much guarantee we are going to be too bad for him to justify resigning with us. We don't really have any other options because we are capped out with bad contracts and our players don't have much trade value. We need to be proactive and act now. Languishing around pretending like we are going to make a playoff run only continues to make our situation even worse.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,554

Post#19 » by HornetJail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 pm

catch20two wrote:We could honestly put up this very same result and effort if we surrrounded Kemba with just our rookies and fill out the rest of the roster with D-League players.

There would be considerably more effort, that's for sure
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,064

Post#20 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 pm

When I die I want this team to bury me so they can let me down one more damn time.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets