ImageImage

GT charlotte vs lakers 12-9 7PM EST

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: GT charlotte vs lakers 12-9 7PM EST 

Post#81 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:48 am

JDR720 wrote:I would totally be fine with Jay Wright or Tony Bennett as the coach.

Bennett is a possibility.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#82 » by HornetJail » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:06 am

I would be fine with **** Anthony Bennett as a coach if we stopped packing the paint on both ends and put an emphasis on pace/space
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
catch20two
RealGM

Post#83 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:18 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I would be fine with **** Anthony Bennett as a coach if we stopped packing the paint on both ends and put an emphasis on pace/space

Our best season in recent years revolved around pace/space. That was the year Zeller ran around like a chicken with his head cut off setting screens like a wild man for everyone on the perimeter and it resulted in a 3-way tie for 3rd place in the East.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#84 » by JDR720 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 am

catch20two wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I would be fine with **** Anthony Bennett as a coach if we stopped packing the paint on both ends and put an emphasis on pace/space

Our best season in recent years revolved around pace/space. That was the year Zeller ran around like a chicken with his head cut off setting screens like a wild man for everyone on the perimeter and it resulted in a 3-way tie for 3rd place in the East.

Yep. Wasn't MKG hurt that year too? We embraced "pace/space" when our anti-pace player (Al) and our anti-space player (MKG) went out and it worked great. our current anti players are Dwight and MKG still. need to dump them, and FYI MKG is still my favorite player on the team but he gotta go or we need someone who will play him at backup PF.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#85 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:38 am

Not sure who I'm more down on, Batum or MKG. I'm definitely at an all time low on both.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Re: RE: Re: GT charlotte vs lakers 12-9 7PM EST 

Post#86 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 am

catch20two wrote:
JDR720 wrote:I would totally be fine with Jay Wright or Tony Bennett as the coach.

Is he still at UVA?
catch20two
RealGM

Post#87 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 am

yosemiteben wrote:Not sure who I'm more down on, Batum or MKG. I'm definitely at an all time low on both.

Certainly should be Batum. MKG is still playing like a solid starter with a role. Batum is just regressing from the averagness he already was and becoming a player that’s not even worth starting anymore.
catch20two
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: GT charlotte vs lakers 12-9 7PM EST 

Post#88 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:20 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Is he still at UVA?

Yup and they have a great motion offense and he’s regarded as the best defensive coach in the NCAA. That’s before mentioning that he’s a former Hornets player so there’s history there.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#89 » by Diop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:01 am

Joest2003 wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Batum with a whole 11 point in his last 59 minutes of play.

The man is collecting paychecks. Doesn’t help that we’re practically playing him out of position and everyone he guards or defends him is 2-3 steps faster than him. He should be a SF/PF instead of a SG/SF but blame that on Clifford for thinking it’s 2005 when they used to play every tall player that could shoot and dribble a position or two below where they’re supposed to play.

Damn shame. He's pullin a highway robbery on us.

Batum like Diaw will always look terrible on crappy teams like this. They aren't alpha males in anyway, they are creative passers who will score occasionally. It's the main reason Portland fans got sick of Batum.

In a good team, Batum fills a role and looks ok.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#90 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:48 am

catch20two wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Not sure who I'm more down on, Batum or MKG. I'm definitely at an all time low on both.

Certainly should be Batum. MKG is still playing like a solid starter with a role. Batum is just regressing from the averagness he already was and becoming a player that’s not even worth starting anymore.

Batum is also playing hurt, so not really fair to act like he's regressing until he gets healthy.

What we know for a fact is he'll never be an efficient volume scorer and our FO was way off to ask that of him. He needs to be paired with a scoring wing option.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#91 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Batum is also playing hurt, so not really fair to act like he's regressing until he gets healthy.

What we know for a fact is he'll never be an efficient volume scorer and our FO was way off to ask that of him. He needs to be paired with a scoring wing option.

Lamb is a pretty good scoring wing. 8-)

Gonna be difficult to add one with Batum, Dwight, and Marv eating up all of the cap space. Lol @ that being our 3 highest paid players with the luxury of underpaying our supposed core of Kemba, MKG, and Cody.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#92 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 am

MKG is a bust. So sick of these 11\5 games and 9 and 6 like tonight. His defense isnt even THAT great to make up for it.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#93 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 am

catch20two wrote:How you guys liking Silas so far?

He certainly is better at managing rotations than Clifford and seems to be more flexible, but outside of that he hasn't given any reason to be impressed with him.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#94 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 am

JDR720 wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Yep. Wasn't MKG hurt that year too? We embraced "pace/space" when our anti-pace player (Al) and our anti-space player (MKG) went out and it worked great. our current anti players are Dwight and MKG still. need to dump them, and FYI MKG is still my favorite player on the team but he gotta go or we need someone who will play him at backup PF.

MKG was hurt for most of that year, but do you not remember how amazing MKG and the team looked when we had him healthy for like 10 games in the pace and space system? The problem is that Clifford keeps wanting to base our team way too much on plodding low post centers and being the GOAT defensive rebounding team.

MKG actually needs to be in a pace and space system to be most effective. His biggest strength on offense is in transition and in space. Cliffords insistence on being the GOAT defensive rebounding team (among other things) makes it impossible to fully utilize the strengths of a lot of our players. He also probably needs to be converted into at least a part time small ball 4, which has never been possible under Clifford because he is ideologically opposed to any form of small ball. There is no way I'm giving up on MKG at this point (unless we got a really good offer) until we see him in a proper system and playing his proper role/position. I still think MKG is probably the 3rd - 5th best player on the team. Kemba, Cody, Lamb, Marv, and MKG, are my top five.

I would honestly keep all our young players except MCW unless we get sweet offers for them. None of them probably command much trade value except Kemba anyways (which I would partially blame on our crappy system deflating their value) and we need to completely update our play style before we truly know if anyone needs to be given up on. We can tank just fine this season regardless. Just be super conservative with injuries and force feed Dwight minutes and touches to try top inflate his value to a point where we can maybe swindle a team out crappy pick or something. Also give ample developmental minutes to Monk and Bacon. Tell Kemba to prioritize protecting his knees, etc.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#95 » by -Ian- » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 am

Read on Twitter
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#96 » by -Ian- » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 am

Diop wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Diop wrote:you can't expect him to change the whole scheme straight away.

He’s a part of it. He’s been the assistant coach the past 8 years or so.

he has been, I just don't know who much influence say he would have had with the overall schemes.

I've never been a huge fan of him as our next head coach anyhow. I want to try someone fresh and new.
Not an old retread, a younger coach. Try to find what Boston found.

Jerry Stackhouse? His stock went up after he won the G-League championship.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#97 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am

-Ian- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Exactly what I was saying. They scored virtually all of their points in the 4th off Dwight.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#98 » by catch20two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:17 am

catch20two wrote:Yea Dwight is the new Al defending the PnR but maybe worse.

catch20two wrote:
316Hornets wrote:That was inexcusable giving KCP a wide open 3.

All they are doing is setting picks using Dwight’s man and that guarantees a open 3 because Dwight isn’t even in the picture.

It’s a damn shame that I could see this during the game as a pedestrian spectator but our coaches that get paid hundreds of thousands to millions a year can’t.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#99 » by stinger14 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:39 pm

I would totally be fine with Jay Wright or Tony Bennett as the coach.[/quote]

Like both of those guys, and would interview as many of these guys as possible if a change is made,
Jay Wright
Tony Bennett
David Fizdale
Jamie Dixon
Greg Marshall
Mark Few
Josh Pastner
Mick Cronin
Shaka Smart
Sean Miller
Chris Collins
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#100 » by LamarMatic7 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm

good god... did JOB live up to his Irish Kobe nickname or what!? one of the worst black hole experiences I've watched in the last couple of seasons in basketball, period. the MCW-Monk-Bacon-Graham-JOB lineup aren't any world beaters, but, dear god, Silas, could you not run so many of the old Al Jefferson/Dwight Howard cross-screen plays for O'Bryant post ups!?

Return to Charlotte Hornets