Instead of tanking, let's trade away our draft picks

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Re: Instead of tanking, let's trade away our draft picks 

Post#21 » by Diop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 am

JDR720 wrote:Vonleh has been better than Nic this season. Just wait until he is averaging 12/12 on solid efficiency and we trade a 1st with Nic to dump him.

EDIT: He would probably be our 4th best big if he was here ( after Dwight,Cody and Marv)

I loved the Vonleh trade but if keeping Vonleh meant we took Booker, then I would love to take that back
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Instead of tanking, let's trade away our draft picks 

Post#22 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:29 pm

JDR720 wrote:I dont think we are as bad at drafting as most think.

kemba was obviously a great pick.
biz was bad, but also misused here.
MKG was obvious, but we didn't see the injuries coming.
Zeller was a good pick (people point at #4, but that draft sucked. the best players are Giannis, #15 and Gobert in the 20's)
Frank was dumb, BOOKER
Monk was also obvious.
Vonleh was obvious.

Our problem is we DONT tank, we get stuck in that 8-11 range when we suck for the season but keep trying to claw for the 8 seed. (just outside the top guys) and end up picking a mediocre prospect or whoever drops (who usually drop for a reason).

As much as he is loved by RGM you still could argue MKG was a bad pick. Beal is an offensive machine. He just scored 51 last week.

I say with Cody out for awhile that Batum should just get season ending surgery but that'd probably help the team because Monk would have to get some run then. We absolutely have to take Bagley if we have the chance he can stretch the floor and fit alongside Dwight.

Kemba
Batum (healthy)
MKG
Bagley
Dwight

But... we probably will win just enough games to pick in the 8-11 range, of course.

Also Cho or Clifford (I hate to say it and he is sick or whatever) or both must be fired! Enough is enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#23 » by Diop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
I say with Cody out for awhile that Batum should just get season ending surgery but that'd probably help the team because Monk would have to get some run then.

You honestly think increasing Monk's minutes would make this team better at the moment?

He's not ready.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#24 » by HornetJail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 am

Diop wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:
I say with Cody out for awhile that Batum should just get season ending surgery but that'd probably help the team because Monk would have to get some run then.

You honestly think increasing Monk's minutes would make this team better at the moment?

He's not ready.

better at the moment? does that even matter? this team is going nowhere fast. Monk needs game reps to get him into a rhythm and get up to speed with the NBA. Besides, I feel like the longer Nic plays with that bad elbow, the worse it's going to get. Shut him down, he's been a zero this season.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#25 » by Diop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Diop wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:

He's not ready.

better at the moment? does that even matter? this team is going nowhere fast. Monk needs game reps to get him into a rhythm and get up to speed with the NBA. Besides, I feel like the longer Nic plays with that bad elbow, the worse it's going to get. Shut him down, he's been a zero this season.

That's not my argument, King sting indicated that playing Monk more would make the team win more games.

If they do decide to blow it up, I have no problems with starting monk for the rest of the year
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#26 » by HornetJail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 am

Diop wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Diop wrote:You honestly think increasing Monk's minutes would make this team better at the moment?

He's not ready.

That's not my argument, King sting indicated that playing Monk more would make the team win more games.

If they do decide to blow it up, I have no problems with starting monk for the rest of the year

subtracting the shell of Nic Batum that we have right now probably adds wins tbh. Monk probably drags us down short term but picks it up by midseason imo
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Charlotte Hornets