And1: 43,107

Fake Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by JDR720 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:53 pm

dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Re: Fake Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by dmutombo321 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:12 pm

As big as Walker's heart is, and as much as he's improved over the years, he's a second option at best on a good playoff team. The fact that he's always been Charlotte's best player by a wide margin speaks to why the Hornets have never been anything more than a fringe playoff team.

If Charlotte wants to have any chance at ever transcending mediocrity, they need to be bold and acquire a true superstar level franchise centerpiece. One of the most frequent names discussed in the last thread, who catch also mentioned in its final post, was Jabari Parker. I've advocated exploring his availability before, as have several others. The obvious risk is, can he stay healthy after two knee injuries. Charlotte needs to take the calculated risk, trade for him and audition him for a year to find out. If he stays injury free and excels, then pay him and make him the franchise cornerstone.

There's a chance he could blow out his knee again, and there'd also be a chance he could walk after next season in UFA. But, he's not yet even 23 years old and if thrust into a feature role, he can be a 25/6/5 perennial allstar for the next 8-10 years. Charlotte wont be drafting a player of that caliber any time soon and they're certainly never going to be signing one in free agency.

If Charlotte trades for him and he proves his knee can stay healthy for a year while posting impressive numbers, the offseason after next they're much better maxing him through 2024 than they are a 5'11 180lb PG whose game is predicated on speed and who will be on the eve of turning 30.

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#3 » by JDR720 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:39 pm

Im 75% sure Parkers knee would implode if he came here.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:07 pm

I'd look at Andrew Wiggins before Parker. Wiggins has struggled this year but I think he's the odd guy out there between Butler and KAT, and will blow up if he's traded. Kemba can be the Lowry to Wiggins' DeRozan. I have criticized DeRozan a lot over the years for being what Wiggins is right now, but Wiggins (who just turned 23 a couple weeks ago) still has a lot of time to figure out what he needs to do to become the star he has the talent to be. Believe it or not, Wiggins would be the third youngest player on the team behind Monk and Bacon.

He has also missed a grand total of one game in his entire 4-year career to date and plays heavy minutes, so he's as durable as they come. He's been 2nd, 8th, 1st, and 1st in total minutes played each season. That counts for something.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#5 » by catch20two » Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:26 pm

I’d still take Jabari over Wiggins. Even in spite of the injuries I think Jabari has had a better statistical career than Wiggins and has oddly been the better defender.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#6 » by Benjamin Linus » Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:53 pm

I'd love to have either. Wiggins or Parker would be, by far, the best player Kemba has played next to.

Wiggins is probably easier to get (didn't a Minnesota fan propose Wiggins for Batum or something?) What do you think it would take to get Parker?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:56 pm

I dont really want either if we need to trade good stuff to get them. Wiggins contract is bad and he has the Batum "Im very talented, but dont care" vibe about him and Parker is too injury prone.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#8 » by catch20two » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:08 pm

JDR720 wrote:I dont really want either if we need to trade good stuff to get them. Wiggins contract is bad and he has the Batum "Im very talented, but dont care" vibe about him and Parker is too injury prone.

Outside of Kemba what exactly is “good stuff” on this roster?
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#9 » by JDR720 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:10 pm

catch20two wrote:
JDR720 wrote:I dont really want either if we need to trade good stuff to get them. Wiggins contract is bad and he has the Batum "Im very talented, but dont care" vibe about him and Parker is too injury prone.

Did you know that MCW was once rookie of the year?!?!?
catch20two
RealGM

Post#10 » by catch20two » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:15 pm

JDR720 wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Did you know that MCW was once rookie of the year?!?!?

I’m well aware of that lol.
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#11 » by Radu_Hornets » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 pm

catch20two wrote:

Lamb is good stuff this season
catch20two
RealGM

Post#12 » by catch20two » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Radu_Hornets wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Lamb is good stuff this season

Smart money would be to keep Lamb for 1/4th the price. Paying Wiggins $25-33M over the next 5 years is just as bad if not worse than paying Batum $22-27M the next 3 years.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#13 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 pm

How about Evan Fournier? His style fits Nic Batum's and we have to maximize Batum's value if we want to get any kind of return on the investment, whether wins or trade value.

Fournier is averaging a career high 17.8 PPG to go along with 3 assists. He hit 38% of his threes in a crappy lineup. He hit 46% from the field. His contract is 17 million. I'd also like to get a backup PG in the deal so I would target Shelvin Mack.

My proposal is Marvin + Lamb + 2018 top-3 protected 1st for Fournier plus Mack. The lineup would be:

Kemba
Fournier
Batum
Kaminsky
Cody

Mack
Monk
MKG
Graham
Hernangomez

This proposal boils down to whether you think Fournier can step up as the missing #2 scorer between Kemba + Batum and average near 20 PPG. Is a #2 scorer worth pick 10-12 in this year's draft? Is there a different #2 scorer you would target for the 2018 1st? Lamb turns into Mack in this deal and that's lopsided in their favor but they'd be moving a proven #2 scorer so one might expect to pay a premium for that. Lamb turns into Mack, a decent backup PG. You also have to consider Lamb is gonna get expensive and the team is capped out so they could lose him for nothing. Mack is an upgrade.
It has been written...
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#14 » by HornetJail » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 pm

LOL :lol: :lol:

Please tell me this wasn't serious. Please.

Provide me with an explanation of how Evan Fournier is one lottery pick and a starting PF better than Jeremy Lamb.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#15 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Lamb is a shot creator who is slowly getting better at taking 3s. Fournier already takes more 3s and makes more of them. I think that the trade falls apart on D though. If we think that Lamb has shortcomings there, then Fournier here would fix that impression.

FWIW, I was high on Marvin mid-season, but I'm off the bandwagon now. I'm at the point where I think he's a GREAT bench PF, but the team really shouldn't start him next year. This is problematic because of his contract.

And Ichiro, I notice that Howard vanished in your lineups. ;)

Personally I'm stuck on Kent Bazemore and would love to have him or someone like that starting here over MKG.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#16 » by yosemiteben » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

If we're trading our first, send it and Dwight to MEM for Gasol with pretty much whatever else it takes to get the deal done.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:03 pm

yosemiteben wrote:If we're trading our first, send it and Dwight to MEM for Gasol with pretty much whatever else it takes to get the deal done.

Not sure Gasol is worth that anymore.
My picks:
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#18 » by JDR720 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Trading for Gasol would be the ultimate treadmill move. He is old, if he isn't already regressing he will soon and he is super expensive.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#19 » by catch20two » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 am

I just wonder if we can find a way to get Randle. If not Randle then I want Noel.

I’d imagine sign-and-trades will play a major part in free agency this upcoming offseason.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:32 am

I would be OK with Randle. I like Noel, but Randle seems like a better fit.
My picks:

Return to Charlotte Hornets