ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Re: Fake Trade Thread 

Post#361 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 pm

If Kupchak is gonna buzzsaw the budget, then yeah I would think he'd try to move MKG for an expiring contract. I think he will try to do that regardless.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#362 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:36 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:If Kupchak is gonna buzzsaw the budget, then yeah I would think he'd try to move MKG for an expiring contract. I think he will try to do that regardless.

I think moving MKG needs to happen if possible. I think it would benefit the Hornets and MKG.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#363 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 pm

stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:If Kupchak is gonna buzzsaw the budget, then yeah I would think he'd try to move MKG for an expiring contract. I think he will try to do that regardless.

I think moving MKG needs to happen if possible. I think it would benefit the Hornets and MKG.

I think he's been spoiled here. How many years has he been made a starter here? Clifford liked to play him 30 minutes. Everyone who hated Clifford simultaneously loved Clifford's favoritism of MKG. When Batum returned, everyone blamed him for Lamb's reduced role, but MKG was getting 30 minutes while Lamb was under 20 some nights. If MKG has to migrate to another roster and compete with a player like Lamb, it's not going to turn out well for him. His next contract as he enters his prime years will be smaller than his current one, despite escalating salaries. Wasn't the word that MJ publicly expressed he wasn't impressed with MKG after MKG worked out for the Bobcats? I definitely blame Cho and his idiot scouts for pushing for MKG. He's a prime suspect for being part of the mess Cho left behind.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#364 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:35 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

I think he's been spoiled here. How many years has he been made a starter here? Clifford liked to play him 30 minutes. Everyone who hated Clifford simultaneously loved Clifford's favoritism of MKG. When Batum returned, everyone blamed him for Lamb's reduced role, but MKG was getting 30 minutes while Lamb was under 20 some nights. If MKG has to migrate to another roster and compete with a player like Lamb, it's not going to turn out well for him. His next contract as he enters his prime years will be smaller than his current one, despite escalating salaries. Wasn't the word that MJ publicly expressed he wasn't impressed with MKG after MKG worked out for the Bobcats? I definitely blame Cho and his idiot scouts for pushing for MKG. He's a prime suspect for being part of the mess Cho left behind.

I agree with this, and will add that I still believe he is a 4 in the league, not a 3.....Also the team was much better with Courtney Lee than MKG
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#365 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 pm

stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

I agree with this, and will add that I still believe he is a 4 in the league, not a 3.....Also the team was much better with Courtney Lee than MKG

The silver lining is that one tweak to the starting lineup may yield a much better overall product on the floor. I think trading MKG is addition by subtraction. He just doesn't make his teammates better. He's not a passer. He allows the defense to rest and cheat. He passes up wide open threes. And he can squander good ball movement by with his inability to cash in despite playing big minutes. Clifford should have been fired for making MKG starter 5 years. That alone. I think the team will be better with Lamb starting at the 2 and Batum sliding back to 3.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#366 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:06 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

The silver lining is that one tweak to the starting lineup may yield a much better overall product on the floor. I think trading MKG is addition by subtraction. He just doesn't make his teammates better. He's not a passer. He allows the defense to rest and cheat. He passes up wide open threes. And he can squander good ball movement by with his inability to cash in despite playing big minutes. Clifford should have been fired for making MKG starter 5 years. That alone. I think the team will be better with Lamb starting at the 2 and Batum sliding back to 3.

I agree with that entire statement.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#367 » by BeesWax » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:23 pm

stinger14 wrote:
LofJ wrote:I think the Clippers trade is the most realistic, followed by the Sixer trade. Although with the latter I'd remove the picks and just make it Fultz and Bayless for Kemba plus Stone. I don't think a Cavs trade for Kemba has a chance of happening, that team is done. I'm not a fan of the Phoenix trade, I'd almost rather let Kemba walk.

I included the picks for these reasons,

1. We get pick 10 now, so we start developing that player earlier

2. We never give up a better pick then #10

3. Without Kemba, and trying to rebuild, we probably pick top 3-5 the next 2 years, so the worst we could do is lose pick 11 in three years. We will have had those years to develop pick 10 this year.

4. If the team is still picking top 10 in 2021, we only lose 2 seconds

Just think by getting players in here earlier, we develop into a better team sooner rather than later

I like this trade because it makes sense for the future. All the other short sighted moves to trade our pick for mediocre player in order to watch Kemba walk next season make zero sense to me. We need pieces to start building around. I would rather not make any crazy moves and just hope a coach can use our players correctly and still have two young pieces if Kemba bolts or move him to add to our young guys and kick start a rebuild.
Spoiler:
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#368 » by SeanBobcats » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 pm

It's always hard to put together a good package for Kemba, so I tried to come up with something that I haven't seen before :

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycxcmg6v

Chicago gets Kemba
Charlotte gets Kris Dunn and Omer Asik (and buyout/cut him or whatever)
Along with the player swapping in this trade, Chicago sends #6 and #22 for #11 and a 2020 second rounder

This trade depends a lot on Chicago's viewpoint, but I think Kemba could be a great fit. The pick and roll/pop plays with Kemba and Markkanen could be lethal, and Lavine could probably play well off and on the ball with Kemba on the floor. Obvious concerns for Chicago would be defensively, but if they put the right defensive pieces at the 3 and the 4/5 then it could be sustainable.

From our standpoint, Kris Dunn could be a nice backcourt partner to Malik Monk and obviously should compliment him well. We trade number 11 to move up to 6 to get a better chance at one of the top players. Also get number 22 where we'd have a chance to snag at least a decent player.
stinger14
Starter

Post#369 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:It's always hard to put together a good package for Kemba, so I tried to come up with something that I haven't seen before :

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycxcmg6v

Chicago gets Kemba
Charlotte gets Kris Dunn and Omer Asik (and buyout/cut him or whatever)
Along with the player swapping in this trade, Chicago sends #6 and #22 for #11 and a 2020 second rounder

This trade depends a lot on Chicago's viewpoint, but I think Kemba could be a great fit. The pick and roll/pop plays with Kemba and Markkanen could be lethal, and Lavine could probably play well off and on the ball with Kemba on the floor. Obvious concerns for Chicago would be defensively, but if they put the right defensive pieces at the 3 and the 4/5 then it could be sustainable.

From our standpoint, Kris Dunn could be a nice backcourt partner to Malik Monk and obviously should compliment him well. We trade number 11 to move up to 6 to get a better chance at one of the top players. Also get number 22 where we'd have a chance to snag at least a decent player.

Posted a trade very similar a couple days ago on the trade board. You can add MKG going to the Bulls with Robin Lopez coming back to us. MKG gives them the added defense on the wing, and Lopez expires for us after next season. Gets us out of MKG contract. If the Bulls prefer Zeller, that's fine too
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

The Ringer is trash 

Post#370 » by -Ian- » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 am

Read on Twitter

Hornets: Malik Monk, Cody Zeller, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Their First-Round Pick (Projected No. 11) for McCollum

This deal doesn’t feel like enough for the Blazers, but it’s intriguing. Monk’s skill set is comparable to McCollum’s, so he could develop into a similar role at a far lower cost. Kidd-Gilchrist still can’t shoot, but I’ll be intrigued at least until I see him in a winning situation. Acquiring Zeller would encourage Portland to let the inconsistent Nurkic walk. At no. 11, the franchise would also get a look at some versatile prospects. As for the Hornets, the move would reek of desperation to keep Kemba Walker happy. But maybe an East Coast version of the Blazers would be enough for him to stay in Charlotte.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#371 » by JDR720 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 am

I think thats too much for him, especially if Monk can do 75% of what CJ can do.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Re: The Ringer is trash 

Post#372 » by Lwcasu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 am

-Ian- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hornets: Malik Monk, Cody Zeller, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Their First-Round Pick (Projected No. 11) for McCollum

This deal doesn’t feel like enough for the Blazers, but it’s intriguing. Monk’s skill set is comparable to McCollum’s, so he could develop into a similar role at a far lower cost. Kidd-Gilchrist still can’t shoot, but I’ll be intrigued at least until I see him in a winning situation. Acquiring Zeller would encourage Portland to let the inconsistent Nurkic walk. At no. 11, the franchise would also get a look at some versatile prospects. As for the Hornets, the move would reek of desperation to keep Kemba Walker happy. But maybe an East Coast version of the Blazers would be enough for him to stay in Charlotte.

Although I'd be a little apprehensive, because I think monk is gonna get to CJs level, I'd do it if we could switch picks. It would instally put us in playoff position in the east. We'd still be able to grab a backup pg later in the draft, and Hernangomez would get minutes to develop.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#373 » by HornetJail » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:04 am

LOL this is way too much. Monk+11 alone better be getting us an all-star talent. But we have to trade our starting wing defender and our starting center on top of that? There aren't many players in the league that are worth all that, and McCollum isn't one of them. I'd love to get a guard trio of Kemba/McCollum/Monk rotating between the 1 and 2 but you absolutely need wing defenders if that's going to work.
Howard+Lamb+11+rights to swap 1sts next year plus taking back Harkless would probably be my top offer for McCollum.
Zeller/Willy
Marvin/Frank
MKG/Batum/Harkless
McCollum/Monk/Bacon
Kemba/[McCollum/Monk]
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#374 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:48 pm

That Blazers deal is so self-defeating it makes me want to spend the next 72 hours banging my head against my wall and, whenever I awake from the concussion, learning that my job has terminated me for no-call, no-show.

Kupchak better not trade Monk, I swear. The Hornets really need a #2 scorer, this is true. But they shouldn't trade someone who will become a #1 scorer in a few years. Kupchak is going to have to resist all these vultures like the Bucks who tried to poach Monk for Brogdon. The only major assets we have are Kemba, Monk and #11. The only asset I'm open to moving is #11 but I'm wanting a potential #2 scorer because Nic Batum is never gonna be that guy for the life of his contract.
It has been written...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#375 » by LofJ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 am

Not sure how realistic this is, but I don't think the Grizzlies should try to be competitive next season. Their pick is top 8 protected, so they shouldn't be at risk of losing it.

CHA sends Howard
CHA gets M. Gasol

NYN sends Kanter
NYN gets Howard

MEM sends M. Gasol
MEM gets Kanter

Kupchak drafted Marc and traded him for his brother. The rest was history. It would be cool if he ended up bringing him to Charlotte, especially if we hire Messina or Udoka to coach.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,651

Post#376 » by yosemiteben » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 am

I would love Dwight for Marc.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#377 » by HornetJail » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 am

Memphis rofls and probably meant to hang up the phone but were laughing so hard they forgot to
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#378 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 am

I wouldn't trade for Gasol.

He is too old and too expensive.

and they aren't trading their best player in franchise history for Kanter.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#379 » by 316Hornets » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:29 am

Charlotte sends
Kemba Walker
Nic Batum

Phoenix sends
Josh Jackson
Jared Dudley
Brandon Knight
#16 2018 pick
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#380 » by SWedd523 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 am

316Hornets wrote:Charlotte sends
Kemba Walker
Nic Batum

Phoenix sends
Josh Jackson
Jared Dudley
Brandon Knight