ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Re: Fake Trade Thread 

Post#1541 » by 316Hornets » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:05 pm

So, Butler is for sure getting traded. We've looked into him last time he was available so there has to at least be some sort of interest from MJ. A 1 year rental during this ASG year could be big and maybe MJ will use this year to showcase the team.

Minnesota has said that Dieng has to be included so:

Butler & Dieng

for

Lamb, Marv, MKG & 2020 1st

Our bench would be pretty horrid though.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#1542 » by LofJ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

We can't take back Dieng without sending Biz somewhere. If the Wolves insist on including him it pretty much takes us out of the running.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,667

Post#1543 » by Diop » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Apparently thibs isn't a fan of youth, I wonder if he would be interested in Batum
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,494

Post#1544 » by Bassman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 am

I love Butler but no way we get him in a trade. Also no way he’d stay here, which is why we won’t pursue. Lastly other team interested with (likely) a better package.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#1545 » by _tijo_ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

316Hornets wrote:So, Butler is for sure getting traded. We've looked into him last time he was available so there has to at least be some sort of interest from MJ. A 1 year rental during this ASG year could be big and maybe MJ will use this year to showcase the team.

Minnesota has said that Dieng has to be included so:

Butler & Dieng

for

Lamb, Marv, MKG & 2020 1st

Our bench would be pretty horrid though.

Would it?

Starters: Kemba/Butler/Batum/Bridges/Cody
Backups: Parker/Monk/Bacon/Frank/Biz
Depth: Graham/Dieng/Macura
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#1546 » by BeesWax » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Bassman wrote:Would love Butler but he wants to be in LA, with the Clips no less. I get increasingly bummed ☹️ on how key players are star struck by big markets, big branding and celebrity destinations. Makes me appreciate Kemba’s desire to be here all the more.

I think he wants to pair with another star that would fit well with him. The teams he listed are there because they have a spot to sign someone to come help. The attraction here would be he would already have that person in Kemba and would be able to resign both because of Bird rights.
Spoiler:
Teal25
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#1547 » by Teal25 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 pm

The most Charlotte should give up for Butler is
MKG/Lamb/Marvin/2 1sts for Butler and Dieng. I posted this on the Wolves board and a lot of negative responses or wanting Bridges. Don’t know what they expect to get. Miami and Houston are the front runners right now and their assets suck. Heat weren’t ever giving up Bam and multiple sources saying Richardson is the deal breaker. Houston 1sts are pretty worthless.

If the Raptors didn’t have to give up OG for Kawhi I doubt any team will give up a promising young player for Butler.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1548 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 1, 2018 12:43 am

What the best realistic return that Marvin, Frank, and a lottery protected 1st could net the team in a trade?
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,494

Post#1549 » by Bassman » Mon Oct 1, 2018 1:32 am

LofJ wrote:What the best realistic return that Marvin, Frank, and a lottery protected 1st could net the team in a trade?

Equivalent, average trash with a longer contract. Nobody is dealing before the opening unless it’s Butler moved in a bad deal for the acquiring team (Clippers anyone?).

Seriously we’d need a reserve-level 4 back who could at least press for minutes.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1550 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 1, 2018 2:06 am

Bassman wrote:
LofJ wrote:What the best realistic return that Marvin, Frank, and a lottery protected 1st could net the team in a trade?

Equivalent, average trash with a longer contract. Nobody is dealing before the opening unless it’s Butler moved in a bad deal for the acquiring team (Clippers anyone?).

Seriously we’d need a reserve-level 4 back who could at least press for minutes.

Would it be enough to get Jabari Parker?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,127

Post#1551 » by Braggins » Mon Oct 1, 2018 2:23 am

I wonder if Milwaukees front office would do something silly like trade us Brogdon for Frank and a 2nd rounder or two?
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Post#1552 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Oct 1, 2018 12:30 pm

What do we need long term? I think we need a young vet power forward. I also think we may have to wait for that and we have to dump some salary to make it happen. That PF is Tobias Harris. The Clippers 100% won't take back long term salary because it interferes with their quest for Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard.

The other option is Kevin Love. But he's not going to be effective long term with Monk and Miles.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,667

Post#1553 » by Diop » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:37 am

If Utah decide they need another pf, I wonder if they would consider Marv for Burks whose expiring.

The salary would be helpful next year and Marv left a good impression when he left.

I prefer Marv to Frank but we need to cut salary
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1554 » by LofJ » Tue Oct 2, 2018 1:00 pm

There are a ton of teams with cap space next summer and not everyone is going to be in the running to sign the big fish like Kawhi, Butler, or Durant (potentially). Once Butler is traded one or more of those teams will likely pivot to accumulating draft assets. We should be able to dump Marvin or Biz on one of the Nets, Clippers, Bulls, Mavericks, Suns, or Kings.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1555 » by LofJ » Wed Oct 3, 2018 1:52 pm

I think Jerry West is going to start selling off players fairly soon. If we start the conversation early I think we can either dump both Marvin and Biz for Gallinari + Boban + 2019 1st or we can move Marvin + 2019 1st for Tobias Harris. The later is tempting, but I think the former would be the smarter trade because we wouldn't have the cap space to re-sign Harris.

We would have plenty of wing depth, so we wouldn't have to rely on Gallinari playing heavy minutes. Additionally, having Gallinari the following season as well would be great because we're likely going to lose both Lamb and Frank, so we'd need someone to replace their offensive production. Our depth is going to take a hit either way, but I'd rather have Gallinari than Marvin and it makes no sense keeping Biz around at his salary if he's going to be the 3rd or 4th string center. With this trade we'd create breathing room to both give Kemba the money he's earned and still have some space under the luxury tax line to either bring back Tony Parker or sign someone else to similar money.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#1556 » by Lwcasu » Wed Oct 3, 2018 7:32 pm

LofJ wrote:I think Jerry West is going to start selling off players fairly soon. If we start the conversation early I think we can either dump both Marvin and Biz for Gallinari + Boban + 2019 1st or we can move Marvin + 2019 1st for Tobias Harris. The later is tempting, but I think the former would be the smarter trade because we wouldn't have the cap space to re-sign Harris.

We would have plenty of wing depth, so we wouldn't have to rely on Gallinari playing heavy minutes. Additionally, having Gallinari the following season as well would be great because we're likely going to lose both Lamb and Frank, so we'd need someone to replace their offensive production. Our depth is going to take a hit either way, but I'd rather have Gallinari than Marvin and it makes no sense keeping Biz around at his salary if he's going to be the 3rd or 4th string center. With this trade we'd create breathing room to both give Kemba the money he's earned and still have some space under the luxury tax line to either bring back Tony Parker or sign someone else to similar money.

I'm trying to figure out why the Clippers would trade a 1st? Boban's contract goes 1 year and Gallinari's contract is 2 years. Marvin has a player option, I'm sure he'll take, so thats 2 years and Bismack Biyombo has a player option that will make his contract 2 years. I don't understand how we dump salary earlier, gain a 1st at the same time, and arguably get back the best player in the deal in Gallinari. It doesn't make since.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#1557 » by LofJ » Wed Oct 3, 2018 9:01 pm

Lwcasu wrote:
LofJ wrote:I think Jerry West is going to start selling off players fairly soon. If we start the conversation early I think we can either dump both Marvin and Biz for Gallinari + Boban + 2019 1st or we can move Marvin + 2019 1st for Tobias Harris. The later is tempting, but I think the former would be the smarter trade because we wouldn't have the cap space to re-sign Harris.

I'm trying to figure out why the Clippers would trade a 1st? Boban's contract goes 1 year and Gallinari's contract is 2 years. Marvin has a player option, I'm sure he'll take, so thats 2 years and Bismack Biyombo has a player option that will make his contract 2 years. I don't understand how we dump salary earlier, gain a 1st at the same time, and arguably get back the best player in the deal in Gallinari. It doesn't make since.

I constructed that sentence terribly, we'd be giving up the 2019 1st to dump Marvin and Biz for Gallinari and Boban.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#1558 » by BeesWax » Thu Oct 4, 2018 4:03 pm

LofJ wrote:
Lwcasu wrote:

I constructed that sentence terribly, we'd be giving up the 2019 1st to dump Marvin and Biz for Gallinari and Boban.

In that case I would want nothing to do with the first trade at all.
Spoiler:
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 874

Post#1559 » by MugzZo » Fri Oct 5, 2018 5:19 am

I want Harris is we mess will the clippers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1560 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Oct 6, 2018 8:55 pm

Read on Twitter

So your guys were at our (Suns) game last night. Who were they scouting and who are you thinking of trading?

Return to Charlotte Hornets