ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Re: Fake Trade Thread 

Post#321 » by scoobs07 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I'm not opposed to pick 11 for Kawhi. Who would be? I just feel Tobias Harris is a more realistic target as a #2 scorer for pick 11.
I highly doubt he will be available, but maybe if the Lakers sign two wing player free agents maybe he will? Im talking about Brandon Ingram. Hes from North Carolina and Kupchak drafted him. Jerry Stackhouse is his mentor, he might be your coach? Would you consider a trade of #11 and a 2020 1st round pick for Ingram?
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#322 » by SeanBobcats » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm

If we jumped to number 3 and Bagley is there, we have to take him. No questions asked and there shouldn't be any trade scenarios. It doesn't matter how many power forwards we've drafted the last few years because none of them have been the prospect that Bagley is.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#323 » by HornetJail » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:38 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:If we jumped to number 3 and Bagley is there, we have to take him. No questions asked and there shouldn't be any trade scenarios. It doesn't matter how many power forwards we've drafted the last few years because none of them have been the prospect that Bagley is.

100% agree. If we get a chance at a franchise player, we have to go for it, positions be damned. The only thing that matters is their fit with Kemba and maybe Monk. Anybody who doesn't pick a franchise power forward just because they already have Frank and Marvin deserves to be fired on spot.

The only trade I'd make there is one for a proven star.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#324 » by LofJ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:50 pm

stinger14 wrote:
LofJ wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
If we jump to the 3rd pick, I really hope we don't pick Porter, much better options there

I'm assuming both Ayton and Doncic are off the board. And I really don't want this team to draft yet another power forward in Bagley or Jackson. I like both of them, but I have no faith in our ability to get the most out of them without massive roster changes. Give me the athletic hybrid wing in Porter that can shoot from anywhere on the court, has great intangibles, and is a willing passer.

Porter hasn't shown any of those attributes at this point, and the fact that he had back surgery is a red flag to me. With the Hornets luck, he would tear his back up again and never play again. When he played at seasons end, he shot the almost every time he touched it, and didn't make many of them either. Just too risky for this franchise with our luck. Also, I think Mikal Bridges is a better player, and his shooting ability along with his defense translates to the NBA better. However, I'm not passing on the chance to draft a top notch talented player in Bagley. He was a superstar in one of the best leagues in college basketball, and remember his age too. He reclassified and went to college a year early and still dominated the game. Tremendous athlete that explodes of the floor. He can land and go back up as fast as anybody you will see. He improved his shooting touch tremendously, and was knocking down threes at years end. Make a move, ship Marvin out and draft this guy if you can. I also like Jackson, Bamba, Young, Sexton, and SGA better than Porter. From what I have seen in high school film and the few college games he played, Porter and Knox are the same player

Players as young as Porter bounce back all the time from serious injuries. I also don't think it's wise to judge a player off 3 games of expected sluggish play coming back from an injury. He was the top ranked recruit after Bagley for a reason and his skillset is a great fit for this team.

I also doubt our ability to get the most out of Bagley because the roster would need to be dramatically reshaped to fit his game. Both Zeller and MKG would have to go, and maybe that's inevitable anyway if a rebuild is coming, but if the goal is to keep Kemba I'm hesitant to add players that would require that much roster tinkering.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#325 » by stinger14 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 pm

LofJ wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
LofJ wrote:
I'm assuming both Ayton and Doncic are off the board. And I really don't want this team to draft yet another power forward in Bagley or Jackson. I like both of them, but I have no faith in our ability to get the most out of them without massive roster changes. Give me the athletic hybrid wing in Porter that can shoot from anywhere on the court, has great intangibles, and is a willing passer.

Porter hasn't shown any of those attributes at this point, and the fact that he had back surgery is a red flag to me. With the Hornets luck, he would tear his back up again and never play again. When he played at seasons end, he shot the almost every time he touched it, and didn't make many of them either. Just too risky for this franchise with our luck. Also, I think Mikal Bridges is a better player, and his shooting ability along with his defense translates to the NBA better. However, I'm not passing on the chance to draft a top notch talented player in Bagley. He was a superstar in one of the best leagues in college basketball, and remember his age too. He reclassified and went to college a year early and still dominated the game. Tremendous athlete that explodes of the floor. He can land and go back up as fast as anybody you will see. He improved his shooting touch tremendously, and was knocking down threes at years end. Make a move, ship Marvin out and draft this guy if you can. I also like Jackson, Bamba, Young, Sexton, and SGA better than Porter. From what I have seen in high school film and the few college games he played, Porter and Knox are the same player

Players as young as Porter bounce back all the time from serious injuries. I also don't think it's wise to judge a player off 3 games of expected sluggish play coming back from an injury. He was the top ranked recruit after Bagley for a reason and his skillset is a great fit for this team.

I also doubt our ability to get the most out of Bagley because the roster would need to be dramatically reshaped to fit his game. Both Zeller and MKG would have to go, and maybe that's inevitable anyway if a rebuild is coming, but if the goal is to keep Kemba I'm hesitant to add players that would require that much roster tinkering.

I'm not saying he want bounce back, and he most likely will, but it has already been reported that there are risk for the future with his back. I judge his game from watching him since his Junior year in high school. To your point though, he would be expected to struggle in his first 3 games back. However, for him to come back knowing this, and to put up that many shots during tournament play doesn't look good for his basketball IQ or intangibles. Being smart would have been trying to ease into the flow of his teammates which had carried the team that far instead of shooting the team out of any chance to advance.

Look, I may very well eat crow some day, but I would not draft him off of a high school ranking that said he was good. I feel that Bagley is a better shooter than Porter is right now, and I'm sure he has a better overall offensive skillset. Bagley is also a tremendous athlete and rebounder.

Finally, to be honest if we land the top 3 pick, I'm going after Kawhi Leonard using the pick and Batum.
stinger14
Starter

Post#326 » by stinger14 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:27 am

Minnesota gets
MKG and Marvin William's

Hornets get Andrew Wiggins

Would Thibs be willing to trade Wiggins for a tough defensive wing and a PF who plays tough defense and stretch the floor for KAT to work? If so, do the Hornets need to add value

Hornets take on the contract, but trade two away to add a potential 2nd scorer with Kemba. Can Wiggins be the next Oladipo where he blows up after the trade? Batum back to SF.

Kemba/Monk
Wiggins/Lamb
Batum/Bacon
Frank/Graham
Zeller/Dwight

Not sure I would take this chance, interested in what everybody else thinks.
SeanBobcats
Senior

Post#327 » by SeanBobcats » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 am

stinger14 wrote:Minnesota gets
MKG and Marvin William's

Would Thibs be willing to trade Wiggins for a tough defensive wing and a PF who plays tough defense and stretch the floor for KAT to work? If so, do the Hornets need to add value

Hornets take on the contract, but trade two away to add a potential 2nd scorer with Kemba. Can Wiggins be the next Oladipo where he blows up after the trade? Batum back to SF.

Kemba/Monk
Wiggins/Lamb
Batum/Bacon
Frank/Graham
Zeller/Dwight

I'd definitely try and buy low on Wiggins if possible, but I feel like we'd have to give up #11 in the trade suggested to really make them consider it. Obviously wouldn't be as interested at that point, but that's just probably the minimum it would take. Even then though I would consider pulling the trigger on it depending on who's available with our pick
stinger14
Starter

Post#328 » by stinger14 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 am

SeanBobcats wrote:
MKG and Marvin William's

Kemba/Monk
Wiggins/Lamb
Batum/Bacon
Frank/Graham
Zeller/Dwight

I'd definitely try and buy low on Wiggins if possible, but I feel like we'd have to give up #11 in the trade suggested to really make them consider it. Obviously wouldn't be as interested at that point, but that's just probably the minimum it would take. Even then though I would consider pulling the trigger on it depending on who's available with our pick

That's the thing for me. If Mikal Bridges or SGA are there, I pick them. If both are gone and we could have this potential trade set up, I pull the trigger. Maybe we give them #11 and get back pick #20 from them?
LofJ
RealGM

Post#329 » by LofJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:02 am

I'd consider MKG and Marvin for Wiggins, but that's it. He's not that good, he isn't worth adding the 11th pick.
SeanBobcats
Senior

Post#330 » by SeanBobcats » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 am

stinger14 wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:
MKG and Marvin William's

Kemba/Monk
Wiggins/Lamb
Batum/Bacon
Frank/Graham
Zeller/Dwight

That's the thing for me. If Mikal Bridges or SGA are there, I pick them. If both are gone and we could have this potential trade set up, I pull the trigger. Maybe we give them #11 and get back pick #20 from them?
Agreed about Bridges and SGA. And if possible then of course. But it all just depends on how Minnesota feels about Wiggins. They might not have any desire to trade him, so we'll just have to wait and see
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#331 » by Lwcasu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 am

LofJ wrote:I'd consider MKG and Marvin for Wiggins, but that's it. He's not that good, he isn't worth adding the 11th pick.

I think I'd pull the trigger on MKG, Marvin and the 11 for Wiggins and the 20th. We still get someone to develop this year, albeit probably someone of lesser talent, and If Wiggins ever figures it out, he's going to be a monster. It also frees up a spot for one of Lamb/Kaminsky/Monk to move into the starting line-up. If we aren't getting rid of Batum's contract, we mine as well try to buy low somewhere else because we aren't adding talent anywhere else besides the draft.

With the 20th, we could be looking at Brunson, Troy Brown, Walker, or possibly Duval. I'd prefer Walker or Troy Brown in that range.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#332 » by BeesWax » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

stinger14 wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:
MKG and Marvin William's

Kemba/Monk
Wiggins/Lamb
Batum/Bacon
Frank/Graham
Zeller/Dwight

I would not even do the flip of picks to get this trade through. I am pretty sure Wiggins wouldn't add more to this team than Williams would. If they wanted the 11 I would need to get more back than Wiggins.
Spoiler:
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#333 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 am

The team desperately needs spacing. We have non-threats playing big minutes: MKG, Dwight, Zeller. Marvin's limited in that he has no ability to create space off passing or shot creation.

The team needs to target a range shooter with decent passing, if they're going to trade pick 11. Not that I'm sold on pick 11 (I'm not). I just want to keep my powder dry for a better fit. Wiggins is pricey. I'd have to be sending out Batum with pick 11 and still don't feel great about it. I just like Tobias Harris so much more, and he will earn less than Wiggins plus he's a better fit. I like him better than Love because he's still 25-26 and Love is about to be 30.
It has been written...
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#334 » by SWedd523 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Hey Ichiro, how do you feel about trading the 11 for Harris? I don’t think you’ve clarified your position on that yet
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#335 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Why would the Clips want to trade Harris? He's relatively young and fits their reloading plan.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#336 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Regarding Wiggens - my personal opinion is that the T-Wolves thought he was going to be a star. The fans still expect something of a star like return for him. Their FO is going to want to recoup sunk costs to an extent. I think that he's going to have to do poorly on that current contract for a few years before either would want to trade him without getting a good pick or picks back.

Personally I'm not a huge fan. I wouldn't mind him here, but I do think his contract is all out of proportion to his production at this point.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#337 » by catch20two » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:33 pm

I’d deal with Batum for the next few years before I’d want Wiggins empty stats ass.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
LofJ
RealGM

Post#338 » by LofJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm

I'm most interested in moving Howard followed by Marvin this offseason.

The Bucks front office is kinda dumb, I wouldn't be shocked if we were able to work out a deal to send them Dwight for Henson, Parker, and a top 7 protected 2019 first.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#339 » by HornetJail » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 pm

LofJ wrote:I'm most interested in moving Howard followed by Marvin this offseason.

The Bucks front office is kinda dumb, I wouldn't be shocked if we were able to work out a deal to send them Dwight for Henson, Parker, and a top 7 protected 2019 first.

I wouldn't expect that. I'd be pretty happy with one or the other of Parker/pick, ecstatic if we somehow got both.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
stinger14
Starter

Post#340 » by stinger14 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm

jdm3 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:

I would not even do the flip of picks to get this trade through. I am pretty sure Wiggins wouldn't add more to this team than Williams would. If they wanted the 11 I would need to get more back than Wiggins.

More than Marvin William's?

Return to Charlotte Hornets