ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Re: Fake Trade Thread 

Post#341 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:50 pm

SWedd523 wrote:Hey Ichiro, how do you feel about trading the 11 for Harris? I don’t think you’ve clarified your position on that yet

Ever watch a Presidential stump speech? They have to repeat the same crap 1000 times to make sure everyone hears it. I'm not done giving my stump speech. I'm campaigning. There will be other times. Oh it's coming.

No on Love
No on Wiggins
Impossible on Kawhi
Yes on Harris
Pick 11 meh
It has been written...
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#342 » by BeesWax » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 pm

stinger14 wrote:
jdm3 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
That's the thing for me. If Mikal Bridges or SGA are there, I pick them. If both are gone and we could have this potential trade set up, I pull the trigger. Maybe we give them #11 and get back pick #20 from them?

I would not even do the flip of picks to get this trade through. I am pretty sure Wiggins wouldn't add more to this team than Williams would. If they wanted the 11 I would need to get more back than Wiggins.

More than Marvin William's?

Due to his lack of spacing the floor and his questionable defensive effort I am not sure he would net more of an advantage than Marvin does. Would he score more points? Sure but I am not sure the rest comes out ahead for the team with the switch.
Spoiler:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#343 » by LofJ » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:44 am

If we trade Kemba I want to do right by him and send him to a team that can compete for a championship.

So how likely would it be for the Sixers to send Fultz plus minimum salary fillers our way for Kemba? Normally, I'd say no way would that happen but the Sixers are ready now and Fultz is not. Kemba at his salary would also give them plenty of cap left over to make the team even stronger. It's a unique situation and we would be wise to talk to them.

And let's also remember who we'd be dealing with - Bryan Colangelo. It isn't Hinkie at the helm anymore. We could both send Kemba to a championship team and get a better deal than expected that could weaken them long-term.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#344 » by HornetJail » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 am

**** trading for Fultz. I'm not touching him till he proves he's capable of making a shot. That whole situation scares the hell out of me. I'd rather have 10+26 than Fultz
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#345 » by Soul Rebel » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
LofJ wrote:I'm most interested in moving Howard followed by Marvin this offseason.

The Bucks front office is kinda dumb, I wouldn't be shocked if we were able to work out a deal to send them Dwight for Henson, Parker, and a top 7 protected 2019 first.

I wouldn't expect that. I'd be pretty happy with one or the other of Parker/pick, ecstatic if we somehow got both.

Parker intrigues me quite a bit. More than Wiggins and less than Kawhi, but more realistic of the three. What would it take to get Parker here - MKG + something...... is MKG + 11 too much? Trying to gauge his pricetag. Rumors are that he won't be in Milwaukee next year, but then he has a great game against Boston in G3 for 17pts.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#346 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 am

Soul Rebel wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
LofJ wrote:I'm most interested in moving Howard followed by Marvin this offseason.

The Bucks front office is kinda dumb, I wouldn't be shocked if we were able to work out a deal to send them Dwight for Henson, Parker, and a top 7 protected 2019 first.

I wouldn't expect that. I'd be pretty happy with one or the other of Parker/pick, ecstatic if we somehow got both.

Parker intrigues me quite a bit. More than Wiggins and less than Kawhi, but more realistic of the three. What would it take to get Parker here - MKG + something...... is MKG + 11 too much? Trying to gauge his pricetag. Rumors are that he won't be in Milwaukee next year, but then he has a great game against Boston in G3 for 17pts.

Bucks wanted DeAndre Jordan at the trade deadline, so maybe Dwight for Parker in a S&T deal? Like Jabari, but to risky for me to give our pick for
chellis
Senior
And1: 130

Post#347 » by chellis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 pm

stinger14 wrote:
Soul Rebel wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I wouldn't expect that. I'd be pretty happy with one or the other of Parker/pick, ecstatic if we somehow got both.

Bucks wanted DeAndre Jordan at the trade deadline, so maybe Dwight for Parker in a S&T deal? Like Jabari, but to risky for me to give our pick for

This isn’t intended to call you out; I just see several posters saying the same thing. I’d like to say that sometimes you have to take risks to be successful. Batum, as far as I’m concerned, was a risk to sign him to his gaudy contract because he was never an all-star, elite level player worthy of being close to a max contract, but we took the risk thinking he could help us get to where we wanted to go. Fast forward to now and many of us are displeased with how he’s “lived up” to his deal. Let’s face it...we took a risk and it back fired. I’d rather take a risk on a player like Fultz or Parker than meddle below mediocrity.

Edit: that’s not to say I support or do not support any of the proposed trades. Just blowing them off or previously injured players because you want more proof that they can come back from an injury isn’t helping to further facilitate discussion. This is a fake trade thread. Same thing happens over on the general trade thread of the forum. Let’s at least try to discuss the deals beyond concern over injury history.
stinger14
Starter

Post#348 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm

chellis wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
Soul Rebel wrote:

This isn’t intended to call you out; I just see several posters saying the same thing. I’d like to say that sometimes you have to take risks to be successful. Batum, as far as I’m concerned, was a risk to sign him to his gaudy contract because he was never an all-star, elite level player worthy of being close to a max contract, but we took the risk thinking he could help us get to where we wanted to go. Fast forward to now and many of us are displeased with how he’s “lived up” to his deal. Let’s face it...we took a risk and it back fired. I’d rather take a risk on a player like Fultz or Parker than meddle below mediocrity.

Edit: that’s not to say I support or do not support any of the proposed trades. Just blowing them off or previously injured players because you want more proof that they can come back from an injury isn’t helping to further facilitate discussion. This is a fake trade thread. Same thing happens over on the general trade thread of the forum. Let’s at least try to discuss the deals beyond concern over injury history.

No problem, I know you aren't calling me out as I agreed on taking a chance on Parker as long as we keep our pick. I also posted a trade scenario yesterday that would land Fultz.
stinger14
Starter

Post#349 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Okay, first off I am not in favor of trading Kemba as our first option. I would rather be able to properly build around him while also having a better Coach. That may prove to be difficult and we may have to face it eventually.

So, serious question to all, what would be your best case scenario in trading Kemba? I will post a couple of deals that may or may not be considered good, lol....Give opinions or a trade that you feel is better than any of these.

Clippers get,
Kemba
Batum

Hornets get,
Gallinari
Beverly
Picks 12 & 13

Clippers add Kemba to a big market team where he will get the notice he deserves. Also, Batum is a better fit for them than Gallinari

Hornets grab 2 more lottery picks and have 3 picks in a row to add to Monk and start the rebuild, or package 12 & 13 to move up in the draft. Gallinari saves us a few million per year now, and expires a year earlier than Batum. Gallinari missing half the season as he normally does helps the tank. Beverly only has one year left on his contract, but if he comes back and plays well, we may be able to get a late first round draft pick for him from a contender at next years deadline.

76ers get,
Kemba
Stone
Future top 10 protected (2019, 2020, 2021), then it converts to 2 seconds. With our rebuild, they most likely get the seconds unless they get lucky and we start winning in 2 years

Hornets get,
Fultz
Bayless
Pick 10 this year

76ers add all star Kemba to their already good team, and by dumping Bayless they would still have cap space for a max player to be added such as Lebron or Paul George. Adding Kemba and one of those to Embiid and Simmons

Hornets get Fultz to pair with Monk for a future backcourt. Also, add pick 10 giving us 10 and 11 this year to add to pair with them. Fultz, Monk, Bacon, Frank, 10th pick, 11th pick, top 3 next year, top 5 the year after is a nice rebuild when you also consider the cap room we would have by then.

Cavs get,
Kemba

Hornets get,
8th pick
JR Smith

Cavs add Kemba to replace what they are missing with Kyrie, another player that can create his own shot.

Hornets grab the 8th pick, and a contract that isn't fully guaranteed.

Suns get,
Kemba
MKG, Marvin, or Zeller (their choice)

Hornets get,
Bender or Chriss
Dudley (one year left)
16th pick
Bucks or Heat pick the Suns hold for the future

Suns add Kemba to Booker, Jackson, Warren, and whoever remains between Bender and Chriss. Also, by taking one out contract guys, they strengthen their bench.

Hornets grab a young player with potential, the 16th pick this year, and a future pick while unloading a contract when Dudley expires next offseason.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#350 » by LofJ » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm

I think the Clippers trade is the most realistic, followed by the Sixer trade. Although with the latter I'd remove the picks and just make it Fultz and Bayless for Kemba plus Stone. I don't think a Cavs trade for Kemba has a chance of happening, that team is done. I'm not a fan of the Phoenix trade, I'd almost rather let Kemba walk.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#351 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:38 pm

If the Sixers want the missing piece, I'm charging a premium for Kemba. I want a prospect, a pick and a player. So for me, Fultz + Saric + pick 10 for Kemba and they take back a contract we couldn't move at the deadline, say Marvin Williams.

Fultz - SGA (pick 11)
Lamb - Monk
Batum - Bridges (pick 10)
Saric - Kaminsky
Zeller - Hernangomez

If I can't use Kemba to rebuild in one move, I'm building around Kemba.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#352 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Sixers:
Kemba
Simmons
Embiid

Great core for them.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#353 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:18 pm

LofJ wrote:I think the Clippers trade is the most realistic, followed by the Sixer trade. Although with the latter I'd remove the picks and just make it Fultz and Bayless for Kemba plus Stone. I don't think a Cavs trade for Kemba has a chance of happening, that team is done. I'm not a fan of the Phoenix trade, I'd almost rather let Kemba walk.

I included the picks for these reasons,

1. We get pick 10 now, so we start developing that player earlier

2. We never give up a better pick then #10

3. Without Kemba, and trying to rebuild, we probably pick top 3-5 the next 2 years, so the worst we could do is lose pick 11 in three years. We will have had those years to develop pick 10 this year.

4. If the team is still picking top 10 in 2021, we only lose 2 seconds

Just think by getting players in here earlier, we develop into a better team sooner rather than later
stinger14
Starter

Post#354 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:22 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:If the Sixers want the missing piece, I'm charging a premium for Kemba. I want a prospect, a pick and a player. So for me, Fultz + Saric + pick 10 for Kemba and they take back a contract we couldn't move at the deadline, say Marvin Williams.

Fultz - SGA (pick 11)
Lamb - Monk
Saric - Kaminsky
Zeller - Hernangomez

I agree with you, but I'm saying worst case, which is we can't make necessary trades to improve the team, and we need to take our best offer. I don't think the 76ers would include Saric, but if so, then heck yeah.

Also, Bridges and SGA are 2 of the 3 players I was looking at with 10 and 11 with Wendell Carter being my 3rd option if he falls
stinger14
Starter

Post#355 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Sixers:
Kemba
Simmons
Embiid

Great core for them.

Yes it is, and Kemba's game should work well with them. If they could land George or Lebron, which I think George fits better, then I would say they are primed to make a run at titles.

Simmons / MConnell
Kemba / Belineli (unless Redick signed cheap)
George / Covington
Saric / Ilyasova
Embiid / Holmes
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#356 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:56 pm

stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:If the Sixers want the missing piece, I'm charging a premium for Kemba. I want a prospect, a pick and a player. So for me, Fultz + Saric + pick 10 for Kemba and they take back a contract we couldn't move at the deadline, say Marvin Williams.

Fultz - SGA (pick 11)
Lamb - Monk
Saric - Kaminsky
Zeller - Hernangomez

I agree with you, but I'm saying worst case, which is we can't make necessary trades to improve the team, and we need to take our best offer. I don't think the 76ers would include Saric, but if so, then heck yeah.

Also, Bridges and SGA are 2 of the 3 players I was looking at with 10 and 11 with Wendell Carter being my 3rd option if he falls

They would have to move Saric because whenever you trade a franchise player, you need more than a prospect and late lotto pick. You deserve a proven player as well. Saric is a support piece, not a core piece. My price is steep but I think Kemba's game is ripe for leading a championship caliber team. The Sixers can try to become a championship team with or without Kemba. There's a huge difference with Kemba in their core vs. Saric. And not just on the court. Kemba gives them a legit leader to recruit free agents.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#357 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Kemba is a warrior as well. His winning attitude is perfect for their culture.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#358 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:02 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

Fultz - SGA (pick 11)
Lamb - Monk
Saric - Kaminsky
Zeller - Hernangomez

They would have to move Saric because whenever you trade a franchise player, you need more than a prospect and late lotto pick. You deserve a proven player as well. Saric is a support piece, not a core piece. My price is steep but I think Kemba's game is ripe for leading a championship caliber team. The Sixers can try to become a championship team with or without Kemba. There's a huge difference with Kemba in their core vs. Saric. And not just on the court. Kemba gives them a legit leader to recruit free agents.

Don't get me wrong, adding Saric would be great. I'm just not sure they would do that unless they had a commitment from Kemba that he would for sure resign there next offseason
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#359 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:08 pm

stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, adding Saric would be great. I'm just not sure they would do that unless they had a commitment from Kemba that he would for sure resign there next offseason

They're positioned to win and win for a long time. And winning is exactly what Kemba wants to do. Like I said, it's an overpay but if they believe he's the missing piece you can't really put a price on Kemba. The Hornets would be giving up a franchise player and NOT getting back one of their star players. Losing Saric hurts them but getting Marvin keeps their perimeter game in tact. Both of those players are great vets for a young clubhouse. They have the cap for Marvin. We'd be getting Fultz + Saric + Mikal Bridges + cap + a team that will be finishing with top lotto picks. Dwight will expire then all we have left for undesirable contracts is Batum and (to a lesser extent) MKG.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#360 » by stinger14 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

They're positioned to win and win for a long time. And winning is exactly what Kemba wants to do. Like I said, it's an overpay but if they believe he's the missing piece you can't really put a price on Kemba. The Hornets would be giving up a franchise player and NOT getting back one of their star players. Losing Saric hurts them but getting Marvin keeps their perimeter game in tact. Both of those players are great vets for a young clubhouse. They have the cap for Marvin. We'd be getting Fultz + Saric + Mikal Bridges + cap + a team that will be finishing with top lotto picks. Dwight will expire then all we have left for bad contracts is Batum and MKG.

If we could pull it off, I would be happy for sure. Maybe we could flip MKG to the Kings for Randolph? To the Bulls for Lopez? To the Suns for Dudley? Any of them expire in one year, giving more cap.

Return to Charlotte Hornets