Post#21 » by DY_nasty » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:30 pm

top 3 crap season to watch
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,407

Re: GT: Rest of Season 

Post#22 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:03 pm

Diop wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Walkers rookie season high was 23. Monk just dropped 26 and 8 effortlessly. This kid will be special. Unfortunately he got the same treatment Lamb got his first year in OKC.

Does that mean we now get to trade him for Harden?

Awesome!

Rookie Monk > Rookie Lamb

I'm holding out for Anthony Davis + a pick.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

GT: Rest of Season 

Post#23 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:57 pm

We just as well win the last two games, the Clippers just got eliminated from the playoffs and the Lakers still play them but Kuzma got hurt last night and I fully expect Utah and Houston to mollywhop the Lakers and if there is one thing we know about Steven Roscoe Clifford is that he never gives up no matter how stupid of an idea to keep playing for nothing is! If we were to lose both games and the Lakers beat the Clippers and we end up with tied records the NBA would probably just gift the Top 10 pick to Philly anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#24 » by HornetJail » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:36 pm

Indiana is all but locked in to their playoff spot. Cleveland would have to lose both of their remaining games to New York AND Philly would have to lose all three remaining games to Dallas, Atlanta, and Milwaukee AND Indiana would have to win both games against us in order to move up in the standings, since Indiana has tiebreakers over both.

But that is incredibly unlikely. I'll be surprised if Indiana plays their starters more than 10-15 minutes in each one of those games. We'll probably get a healthy dose of Lance Stephenson though.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#25 » by ducler » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:05 pm

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#26 » by 316Hornets » Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:47 pm

MONKKKKKK
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#27 » by MPM » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:31 pm

Another good showing for Malik.

Over the last five, Billy shooting 69% FG, 67% from 3 (3 attempts), 12.4 pts, 9.6 boards in 19.8 mins.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#28 » by Joest2003 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:23 pm

Monk will save this franchise. New GM/Coach better treat this kid good or he will surely leave when his rookie contract is over.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#29 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:39 pm

Joest2003 wrote:Monk will save this franchise. New GM/Coach better treat this kid good or he will surely leave when his rookie contract is over.

1st Hornets superstar...

If all goes right.

And he will have to do it at SG because Kemba is staying. They won't let Kemba walk.
It has been written...
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#30 » by Topofthekey » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:45 pm

Best direction for the Hornets now seems to be a full commitment towards rebuilding

Monk looks like he could be a good player, so start over with a clean slate with Monk being the first piece of the rebuild

For the Hornets to commit to a rebuild though, they need to sever the deadweights on the team now, but the problem is Dwight Batum MKG Zeller and Marvin Williams are probably all untradable, with not much upside either, and they are just eating up playing time that could go to other players like Kaminsky and Lamb

Trade Kemba for whatever prospects the other team is willing to give up for a one year rental, like Ntikilina + pick maybe, and focus on a rebuild starting with Monk, Kaminsky, Lamb, plus other prospects
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#31 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:37 pm

Hahaha, Kemba for Knicks garbage.
It has been written...
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#32 » by BeesWax » Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:38 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Best direction for the Hornets now seems to be a full commitment towards rebuilding

Monk looks like he could be a good player, so start over with a clean slate with Monk being the first piece of the rebuild

For the Hornets to commit to a rebuild though, they need to sever the deadweights on the team now, but the problem is Dwight Batum MKG Zeller and Marvin Williams are probably all untradable, with not much upside either, and they are just eating up playing time that could go to other players like Kaminsky and Lamb

Trade Kemba for whatever prospects the other team is willing to give up for a one year rental, like Ntikilina + pick maybe, and focus on a rebuild starting with Monk, Kaminsky, Lamb, plus other prospects

I don’t think many of those guys are untradable. Dwight is basically an expiring and played well this year so somebody would likely take a shot at him being their defensive anchor. Williams shot great from three on a high volume and plays solid defense at the 4 and in today’s NBA his contract is right on par for his production. Zeller has some value but injuries have depleted it to an extent. Would rather keep him to pair with Willy at the 5 anyway. MKG and Batum are rougher because they don’t really hold value their contracts are worth in the modern NBA. Someone may like MKG as a wing defender and think they are the ones who can fix his shot. He is still young and can improve. Batum is just a waste and you aren’t moving him without taking something bad back or killing an assets value so just eat the deal and wait until he improves his value or the length of his deal gets tradable.
Spoiler:
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#33 » by Braggins » Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:51 pm

I have a feeling Dwights trade value is lower than youd expect based on his numbers. I assume all the decent front offices understand hes a negative impact player. Atlanta gave up value to pawn him off us and we unsuccessfully tried to trade him half a season later. Hos gaudy box score numbers havent helped us at all.

Im guessing his only value is as a huge expiring. I doubt we could get much of anything for him unless another desperate and poorly managed team (Knicks maybe) talked themselves into thinking Howard would help them.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#34 » by BeesWax » Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:56 pm

I don’t think he has great value but I think he is pretty nuetral right now. He bring some value to the court and I think some teams may take a chance on him for smaller expiring type contracts.
Spoiler:
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#35 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:40 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Best direction for the Hornets now seems to be a full commitment towards rebuilding

Yeah. Trade Walker for a God awful rookie with no position yet in the league and a first. Lol.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#36 » by Braggins » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:52 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Monk will save this franchise. New GM/Coach better treat this kid good or he will surely leave when his rookie contract is over.

1st Hornets superstar...

If all goes right.

I really do think he is the most naturally talented player this franchise has had since I started following.

MasterIchiro wrote:And he will have to do it at SG because Kemba is staying. They won't let Kemba walk.

Our genius coach straight up said in an interview earlier in the season that Monk can't be a starter in this league unless he plays PG, which is a completely nonsensical thing to say in the leagues current context. He literally doesn't understand how positions work now and it affects multiple other players on the roster. This is why we can't continue to have this guy driving the direction of the team and how the players develop.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#37 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:59 pm

Braggins wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

1st Hornets superstar...

If all goes right.

I really do think he is the most naturally talented player this franchise has had since I started following.

MasterIchiro wrote:And he will have to do it at SG because Kemba is staying. They won't let Kemba walk.

Our genius coach straight up said in an interview earlier in the season that Monk can't be a starter in this league unless he plays PG, which is a completely nonsensical thing to say in the leagues current context. He literally doesn't understand how positions works now and it applies to multiple other players on the roster. This is why we can't continue to have this guy driving the direction of the team and how the players develop.

I remember Clifford saying it. He used it as a license to accommodate MKG and Batum. Clifford never had the balls to cut their minutes. Even Lamb could hardly get more minutes because of those overpaid role players. The only reason Monk is getting minutes now is because MCW went down. If the Hornets acquire a backup PG via draft or trade, WTF is Clifford going to do with Monk next year? Surely Kupchak won't let Clifford bury him. The one game I attended the team was down 12 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. MKG was on the floor and Monk stayed glued to the bench. The Hornets lost at home to the Lakers. Maybe it was a critical loss though because if it didn't happen we'd have no shot at pick 10.
It has been written...
JGib23
Junior
And1: 67

Post#38 » by JGib23 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 12:01 am

I think the team that would have the most interest in Dwight may be the Bucks.

I’d like to see us trade him for a salary dump (Mirza Teletovic) and Tyler Zeller. That saves us $12M and provides 3 Centers plus Frank so Clifford would feel comfortable.

By moving Dwight we open up playing time for a Cody and Billy rotation. That gets us under the luxury tax and we don’t have to give away a plus asset just to avoid the tax.

Milwaukee should bite because they don’t give away anything of real value and get to see what their current roster can do with a real Center to clean the glass
Braggins
RealGM

Post#39 » by Braggins » Mon Apr 9, 2018 12:11 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
Braggins wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
1st Hornets superstar...

If all goes right.

Our genius coach straight up said in an interview earlier in the season that Monk can't be a starter in this league unless he plays PG, which is a completely nonsensical thing to say in the leagues current context. He literally doesn't understand how positions works now and it applies to multiple other players on the roster. This is why we can't continue to have this guy driving the direction of the team and how the players develop.

I remember Clifford saying it. He used it as a license to accommodate MKG and Batum. Clifford never had the balls to cut their minutes.

That is not at all what he was talking about. If it was and the implications are what you are saying then that would mean he was saying that Monk would have to take Kembas starting spot, because apparently Batum and MKG are more locked in as starters than Kemba.

TBH, the MKG and Batum situations have nothing to do with Monk, at least they shouldnt, and actually prove my point about Clifford not understanding how positions work. MKG and Batum are both combo forwards/wings. Batum is closer to being a PF than a SG, but Clifford has repeatedly insisted that Batum is a SG, which he has explained his reasoning for and it was all based on completely outdated assumptions. MKGs case is a bit different, but he should be seeing nearly as many minutes at the 4 as he does on the wing.

Its time for you to get on the fire Clifford bandwagon, homie.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#40 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Apr 9, 2018 12:11 am

JGib23 wrote:I think the team that would have the most interest in Dwight may be the Bucks.

I’d like to see us trade him for a salary dump (Mirza Teletovic) and Tyler Zeller. That saves us $12M and provides 3 Centers plus Frank so Clifford would feel comfortable.

By moving Dwight we open up playing time for a Cody and Billy rotation. That gets us under the luxury tax and we don’t have to give away a plus asset just to avoid the tax.

Milwaukee should bite because they don’t give away anything of real value and get to see what their current roster can do with a real Center to clean the glass

Bucks waived Teletovic.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody

Return to Charlotte Hornets