Post#81 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Someone give us cliff notes.
BuzzCity
Rookie
And1: 608

Re: Offseason Thread 

Post#82 » by BuzzCity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 am

Hoopshype has all sorts of rumors right now and NOT ONE mention of the Hornets...I feel like we haven’t heard a damn thing in forever. Maybe that’s good...maybe we can keep secrets...but geez the anticipation is killin me

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#83 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 am

BuzzCity wrote:Hoopshype has all sorts of rumors right now and NOT ONE mention of the Hornets...I feel like we haven’t heard a damn thing in forever. Maybe that’s good...maybe we can keep secrets...but geez the anticipation is killin me

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

We don't have a whole lot of flexibility compared to other teams. We have to nail this draft pick and hope some of our contracts regain value.
It has been written...
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#84 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:42 am

There are a good number of Kemba for a pick rumors over on twitter, but nothing that looks deeply credible to me.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
BuzzCity
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#85 » by BuzzCity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
We don't have a whole lot of flexibility compared to other teams. We have to nail this draft pick and hope some of our contracts regain value.

Yeaaaaa...it sucks haha...I was at least hoping to get a read on who we like or might be gunning after...I also wondered if Mitch comes in and makes a big splash like

MKG, Lamb, Frank, 11

For

Parsons & 4

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#86 » by LofJ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone give us cliff notes.

This was a really, really good sit down talk with Kupchak. I don't want to summarize it because I wouldn't do it justice. I highly recommend everyone here checking this out.

A tiny bit though when Mitch was talking about Dr. Jerry Buss "he let the experts do the draft...you know select the players."
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Post#87 » by JDR720 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:09 am

Read on Twitter
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#88 » by KingCat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am

JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Baaah Gawd thats Michael Carter-Williams' music!!!!"
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#89 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course. A team trying to win-now shouldn't entrust a rookie with the second unit. MLE was freed up so team could sign a backup PG and use their pick on Miles, their #1 target all along. Now the fact they didn't buyout Dwight like the Nets makes complete sense.

Any guesses for backup PG targets?
It has been written...
Bence
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#90 » by Bence » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:15 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course. A team trying to win-now shouldn't entrust a rookie with the second unit. MLE was freed up so team could sign a backup PG and use their pick on Miles, their #1 target all along. Now the fact they didn't buyout Dwight like the Nets makes complete sense.

1. I would love VanVleet, but Toronto would match it in a heartbeat.
2. Teodosic if he wants a longer contract. Has his limitations, but a clever, intelligent player and I cannot imagine him as a locker room cancer type of player.
3. 1 year of Tony Parker for mentoring reasons perhaps?
4. Roll the dice on Exum maybe? Utah would match too...

There's not many options here.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#91 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Bence wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

1. I would love VanVleet, but Toronto would match it in a heartbeat.
2. Teodosic if he wants a longer contract. Has his limitations, but a clever, intelligent player and I cannot imagine him as a locker room cancer type of player.
3. 1 year of Tony Parker for mentoring reasons perhaps?
4. Roll the dice on Exum maybe? Utah would match too...

There's not many options here.

I rank them:

Napier
Joseph
Seth Curry
Parker

Or trade MKG for Austin Rivers expiring
It has been written...
LofJ
RealGM

Post#92 » by LofJ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 pm

The team needs to trade Marvin/MKG before it commits any money to a free agent. I expect to see it happen in the next two weeks. Moving Marvin to the Jazz for Alec Burks makes a lot of sense for both teams.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#93 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

LofJ wrote:The team needs to trade Marvin/MKG before it commits any money to a free agent. I expect to see it happen in the next two weeks. Moving Marvin to the Jazz for Alec Burks makes a lot of sense for both teams.

It's tricky to move bigger contracts before teams settle on free agents and establish more accurate forecasts for their budgets. I like your proposal though. I also like MKG to the Clippers for Austin Rivers.
It has been written...
LofJ
RealGM

Post#94 » by LofJ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
LofJ wrote:The team needs to trade Marvin/MKG before it commits any money to a free agent. I expect to see it happen in the next two weeks. Moving Marvin to the Jazz for Alec Burks makes a lot of sense for both teams.

It's tricky to move bigger contracts before teams settle on free agents and establish more accurate forecasts for their budgets. I like your proposal though. I also like MKG to the Clippers for Austin Rivers.

An interesting thing I noticed earlier when looking over every team's roster after the draft is that the Spurs have ZERO 3/4 depth outside of Leonard and have way too many backcourt players. That makes the 76'ers poor trade partners with them (they stupidly traded away Mikal, who would have interested the Spurs). And since we just heard that the Spurs have no interest in trading Kawhi to the Lakers that really only leaves the Celtics and Cavaliers. But the Cavaliers just drafted a point guard that is similar to Murray, so that won't interest them either. And unfortunately for the Celtics they just don't have the matching contracts to trade for Kawhi without sending out Horford or Hayward. I could see the Spurs trading Leonard for Horford plus the Kings/Grizzlies pick, but that would leave the Celtics with no one that can play major minutes at center. And the Spurs need wings more than they do center depth.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that we are a really good trade partner for the Spurs. We have exactly what they need (Marvin, MKG, Batum, and Miles) and we are looking to move at least one (if not two) of them. And unlike Cho who should have put his cards on the table last summer for Paul George, I think Mitch is willing to go for it. Put MKG, Frank, Marvin, Batum, and Lamb on the table and see what happens. Everyone else is worried about Kawhi walking to the Lakers, but we don't have anything to lose by trading away those guys.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#95 » by yosemiteben » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Ideally we do a Marv for backup PG trade. Frank, Miles, and MKG to cover the PF spot. Cody or Willy could also cover PF in a pinch.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#96 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:33 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Ideally we do a Marv for backup PG trade. Frank, Miles, and MKG to cover the PF spot. Cody or Willy could also cover PF in a pinch.

I would be fine with Marvin for a backup PG but I think MKG for one works as well. It could depends on offers from teams having a PG. I would think the Clippers would like to move Rivers' expiring, but do they prefer young talent like MKG for development or veteran presence for win-now? Again it's about the team holding the PG and their needs.
It has been written...
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#97 » by 316Hornets » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:38 pm

George Hill gonna take the MLE? His contract is 20 mil if the Cavs opt in, or they can pay him 1 mil to walk.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#98 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 pm

316Hornets wrote:George Hill gonna take the MLE? His contract is 20 mil if the Cavs opt in, or they can pay him 1 mil to walk.

Next summer, not this one.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#99 » by amcoolio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm

I think Marv is a good candidate for Phoenix. They want to win now, and is a good fit next to Ayton, Bridges, and Booker.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#100 » by HornetJail » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
316Hornets wrote:George Hill gonna take the MLE? His contract is 20 mil if the Cavs opt in, or they can pay him 1 mil to walk.

Next summer, not this one.

If LeBron walks, I see Hill requesting a buyout
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Charlotte Hornets