ImageImage

Kemba Trade Rumors (Renamed)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Kemba Trade Rumors (Renamed) 

Post#1 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Obviously, this is their last ditch effort to keep LeBron happy. But it's a tell. It means LeBron is happy with Kemba. That means teams in pursuit of LeBron (Sixers, Lakers, etc) are bidding against the Cavs for LeBron bait. This is why Kemba is worth a high premium, let's call it the LeBron premium. I insist Hornets fans would be blown away by the added value in that and in Kemba's true value.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250236/Cavaliers-Interested-In-Trading-For-Kemba-Walker
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Re: Cavs interested in Kemba Walker 

Post#2 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 pm

From the trade thread...

What a LeBron premium looks like:

Saric + Fultz + 10 + 26
Ingram + 2 future 1sts
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#3 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Kemba + Batum for

8 + Hill expiring + Clarkson + 2 future 1sts
It has been written...
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#4 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:43 pm

The rumor / unfocused stuff I saw yesterday was Kemba + Marv for Hill & 8.

It needed something more to make it work salary wise ... either making the trade a 3 way where Paul George was opting in and coming over to the Cavs from OKC, or an additional small salary like Osman from the Cavs to the Hornets. They wanted Marv so that they could trade Love.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#5 » by LofJ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:45 pm

No one is going to put all their cards on the table until the Kawhi situation is settled, so the odds are everyone will draft who they like and then trade discussions will continue until the Spurs either get him to commit or they trade him. Once that happens the dominoes will start to fall. The teams that missed out on Kawhi will then look to Kemba, and that's when we start the bidding. If the 76'ers aren't at least offering Fultz + 26, the Lakers Ingram, or the Cavs Hill + 8 then there's no reason to continue discussions with them.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#6 » by Lwcasu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm majorly bummed right now. I don't really care what we get.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#7 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Walker, Batum, Marvin
Love, Hill, 8th pick
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Lwcasu wrote:I'm majorly bummed right now. I don't really care what we get.

Only smoke so far, no fire. Don't forget that one of the news items yesterday was about LeBron's camp liking Sexton with the #8.
My picks:
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#9 » by countryboi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Lwcasu wrote:I'm majorly bummed right now. I don't really care what we get.

you may as well get your mind ready for this because Kemba is getting traded at some point.
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#10 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm

LofJ wrote:No one is going to put all their cards on the table until the Kawhi situation is settled...

Kawhi wants LAL, likely because LeBron wants LAL. Spurs shot down Ball, so negotiations are likely ongoing building off that opening offer.

Kawhi goes to LAL for Ingram+

Cavs know LeBron won't play with Ball in LA. Cavs push for bid for Kemba, even floating the idea that Sexton is worthy of pick 8 and working out Sexton knowing the Hornets have serious interest.

Sixers pass on Kawhi to focus on LeBron. They know Cavs value Kemba as LeBron bait. Sixers bid against Cavs for Kemba.

Sixers get Kemba

LeBron rules out Cavs. Sixers with Kemba + young core pitch to LeBron. LAL with Kawhi pitch to LeBron. LeBron won't risk losing to Warriors before a Finals appearance so he resists the allure of Hollywood and stays East. He signs with the up-and-coming Sixers.

Paul George joins Kawhi in LA.
It has been written...
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#11 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pm

I would probably do this trade if they offered 8 and a future first and I would definitely do it if they offered 8 and 2 future 1st. I would then try to trade 8 and trade back to like 20 and pick up 2 additional future 1st for the 8 this year.

we would have 3 additional future 1st round picks maybe even 4 if we can trade back with 11 as well and still be drafting twice in the first round this year.

With those picks I would try to draft Okaji and Watanabe or Hutchinson
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#12 » by LofJ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
LofJ wrote:No one is going to put all their cards on the table until the Kawhi situation is settled...

Kawhi wants LAL, likely because LeBron wants LAL. Spurs shot down Ball, so negotiations are likely ongoing building off that opening offer.

Cavs know LeBron won't play with Ball in LA. Cavs push for bid for Kemba, even floating the idea that Sexton is worthy of pick 8 and working out Sexton knowing the Hornets have serious interest.

Sixers pass on Kawhi to focus on LeBron. They know Cavs value Kemba as LeBron bait. Sixers bid against Cavs for Kemba.

Sixers get Kemba

LeBron rules out Cavs. Sixers with Kemba + young core pitch to LeBron. LAL with Kawhi pitch to LeBron. LeBron won't risk losing to Warriors before a Finals appearance so he resists the allure of Hollywood and stays East. He signs with the up-and-coming Sixers.

This is a plausible scenario, although I'm not sure that the Spurs will trade Leonard to their most hated rival.

Getting Fultz for Kemba would be a risk, but unlike Ball he at least proved he could score efficiently in college. I'd rather have him than Ball.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#13 » by Lwcasu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

LofJ wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Sixers get Kemba

This is a plausible scenario, although I'm not sure that the Spurs will trade Leonard to their most hated rival.

Getting Fultz for Kemba would be a risk, but unlike Ball he at least proved he could score efficiently in college. I'd rather have him than Ball.

While Lonzo struggled to shoot his first year with the Lakers, he shot quite well in college. I think he was much more efficient than Fultz albeit with less volume.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#14 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 pm

LofJ wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Sixers get Kemba

Fultz over Ball for sure. But I want a bidding war between Cavs and Sixers to really drive up the price of Kemba.

I want Fultz + Saric + 10. I would want them to take Marvin as well.

Fultz - Sexton
Lamb - Monk
Miles - MKG
Batum - Kaminsky
Zeller - Hernangomez

We would let Dwight expire
It has been written...
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Fultz - Monk - Lamb ... FML.
My picks:
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#16 » by SeanBobcats » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:27 pm

We should have just done the trade with them at the deadline if they plan to do it now. Could have gotten a higher pick too
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#17 » by BeesWax » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:30 pm

If we could get Fultz and 10 for Kemba I would like our start for a build.
Fultz
Monk
Miles
Knox
Hernangomez
That is a solid young core on rookie deals. Our defense would really struggle but in terms of a group to try to develop there are a lot of guys there who proved they have talent in college.
Spoiler:
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#18 » by 316Hornets » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:32 pm

One problem with your LeBron premium. I'm not sure I've ever seen a LeBron team overpay. It's like LeBron has his hands in every GM's pocket. What I could envision is Lebron making another team overpay for Kemba to come to him. Revenue share is huge.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#19 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm

316Hornets wrote:One problem with your LeBron premium. I'm not sure I've ever seen a LeBron team overpay. It's like LeBron has his hands in every GM's pocket. What I could envision is Lebron making another team overpay for Kemba to come to him. Revenue share is huge.

Well, he can't get the Spurs to take a low-ball offer (Ball) for Kawhi. How could he get the Hornets to take a low-ball offer from the Sixers? It's not his team yet. If there's a team LeBron can control and force low-ball offer for Kemba, it's the Cavs. But the Cavs would have to compete with the Sixers.
It has been written...
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#20 » by 316Hornets » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:We should have just done the trade with them at the deadline if they plan to do it now. Could have gotten a higher pick too

Disagree. They were dangling the BKN pick which turned out to be worse than expected. Also, we were giving Cliff one last shot with a healthy roster; which he failed miserably.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs

Return to Charlotte Hornets